Sons' sorrow

4 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Have to say well done to all involved as I'm loving those kits. Can I justify buying both? Probably not but it's an anniversary I suppose.

As has been said having a proper launch night for it is a great idea. It should hopefully build a bit of excitement for the season starting and going forward. 

I'm curious about the whisky as well and if anyone is taking any ideas I'd happily pay to attend a tasting once it's available

Plus 1 for the whisky.

After a tremendous upbeat day yesterday, we need a few 👀🖊️ tweets to keep the momentum going. 

Would expect a young back up goalie at some point but still think we are a couple of players short in the squad. 

That home kit is incredible. Re no sponsor, we had the same last year with our 100th anniversary kit for the Scottish Cup and money was still being put towards it, just McGills agreeing they were fine with not having it displayed on the home kit as a one off.

Some of our fans really are complete oddballs. Why do they publicly slag new signings underneath Twitter announcements etc? What the hell is point in that? 

I’d wager none of them even know who he is and he’s already been deemed “shite”. It really annoys me and it seems to be the same culprits constantly. 

Here’s a video of his highlights from a couple of season’s ago. 

I mean it’s hard to judge from a highlights video but I like what I see there. He seems strong, his finishing is good and he seems to put himself about a bit. It looks like he’s struggled quite badly with injuries since then.

For what it's worth, I've always thought Declan Byrne was quite a decent player. He's big and broad and he can put himself about, occupying defenders and bringing others into play. I don't think he's the most technically blessed of forwards but if there are players around him that can capitalise on his dirty work, he could be a smart piece of business.

Interestingly I see Byrne has previously captained Albion Rovers during his first spell at Cliftonhill. That gives us Lynas, McGeever, Buchanan and Love as players who have previously captained clubs. On top of Carsy and Wylde who have both worn the armband for us.

Not all of them are natural leaders in my eyes. But it's interesting nonetheless and says a wee bit about their character.

Edited by Jan Vojáček