Sons' sorrow

20 minutes ago, PWL said:

Pal in Germany has just messaged to get him the home, away and a polo shirt.

Daughter wants a home shirt. 

I'll buy my first football top in decades as well as a polo shirt. 

Don't know what the margin is but it's circa £250 turnover for the club. From the reaction on here I'm guessing we won't be only ones. 

Just goes to show that it if you get it right then demand will create itself. Well done to those involved. 

Many thanks for your kind words, on behalf of the 150th Steering Group they are much appreciated.  A wee taster of the gold polo shirt - I can even provide the Pantone colour code 😉

150th Gold Polo Shirt.jpg

150th Gold Polo Badge.jpg

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Delighted that there is no sponsor but if we’re as skint as folk say we are I thought we would’ve been clambering for a sponsor. Has someone kindly covered that and agreed not to put their logo on the top or something?

Every possibility, and if so fair play to them.

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Many thanks for your kind words, on behalf of the 150th Steering Group they are much appreciated.  A wee taster of the gold polo shirt - I can even provide the Pantone colour code 😉

FFB81C

6 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

'Tubby' Wallace is walloper he is disruptive for any dressing room, disrespectful to fans and club particularly East Fife who as was acknowledged by many player's  were very good to player's during pandemic. He is only  a legend in his own head. Most referee's are well aware of his backing in and histrionic falls and moaning. He has the arse the size  a clydesdale horse and is about as mobile.  He will pick up wages for another 2 years at Dumbarton for no effort or return.  A really despicable  turd

1 hour ago, flyfifer48 said:

Not bitter    delighted your lot will have 2 years of wages to waste on a despot

Kry moar 

At last, back to the most iconic strips we have ever had - steeped in (fairly recent) history but strips pretty much all of us have wanted back.

Very well done to everyone connected with the best decision the club has made for some time.

Have to say well done to all involved as I'm loving those kits. Can I justify buying both? Probably not but it's an anniversary I suppose.

As has been said having a proper launch night for it is a great idea. It should hopefully build a bit of excitement for the season starting and going forward. 

I'm curious about the whisky as well and if anyone is taking any ideas I'd happily pay to attend a tasting once it's available

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Will there be chubster sizes? XXL

53 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

At last, back to the most iconic strips we have ever had - steeped in (fairly recent) history but strips pretty much all of us have wanted back.

Very well done to everyone connected with the best decision the club has made for some time.

As regards decisions, and I'm biased here, the one made by the club to invite a core committee of four of us to form a Steering Committee to plan and manage the 150th Anniversary goods, dinners, exhibition, etc., has probably been the correct one as it would have been a very considerable undertaking whilst also dealing with the day-to-day running of DFC.  The Chairman and Board of Directors have thus far endorsed all that we have presented and have underwritten the initial costs so absolute fair play to them - we are collectively trying to ensure that this big year for the club is accorded due status.

The return to the 'liquorice allsort' design which was first aired in season 1964/65 was an easy one and we were delighted with what Macron offered - the supplier has high hopes that it will also sell well amongst football strip enthusiasts.

Another couple of merchandise pics to whet the appetite:-

150th Scarf.jpg

150th Bobble Hat.jpg

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As regards decisions, and I'm biased here, the one made by the club to invite a core committee of four of us to form a Steering Committee to plan and manage the 150th Anniversary goods, dinners, exhibition, etc., has probably been the correct one as it would have been a very considerable undertaking whilst also dealing with the day-to-day running of DFC.  The Chairman and Board of Directors have thus far endorsed all that we have presented and have underwritten the initial costs so absolute fair play to them - we are collectively trying to ensure that this big year for the club is accorded due status.

The return to the 'liquorice allsort' design which was first aired in season 1964/65 was an easy one and we were delighted with what Macron offered - the supplier has high hopes that it will also sell well amongst football strip enthusiasts.

Another couple of merchandise pics to whet the appetite:-

150th Scarf.jpg

150th Bobble Hat.jpg

That bobble hat would look rare on me when I’m slicing one off the first tee in the middle of December. I will absolutely be dabbling in one of those.

Loving the new kit designs. Especially the home one. Can we just keep that moving forward like Celtic/Madrid etc and just make minor changes each year?

Also seeing big McGeever in the shots is building my confidence a bit more.

There is no double the manager is need to improve on last season - the players were guff but his tactics and seeming inability to coach the players cost us games.

But now starting to look forward to the season.