Sons' sorrow

Very sad. A real Sons legend at a time when we were delighted when ex-Old Firm players came to play for us.

A great player and (as I recall) a great manager. He was proud of what he achieved at Dumbarton and kept in touch with the club as he got older.

RIP.

2 minutes ago, optimistic said:

No statement from our club about davie yet. Ffs 

Rangers only announced it an hour a go. We have part-time staff who don’t even work on a Tuesday. No doubt a volunteer will post an update when they are able to or finish work for the day. What are you really expecting?

We've added a sports scientist and a video analyst to our backroom team. If we were in the Championship I could understand this, but we're a League 2 side and we now have a backroom team of 8 (manager, assistant, goalie coach, physio, two kitmen, a sports scientist and a video analyst). I'm sure the board think this great work but I can't help but think we're pissing much of our "tight budget" up the wall on pish a League 2 side doesn't need. 

Apologies if this is viewing things through a negative lens...

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

We've added a sports scientist and a video analyst to our backroom team. If we were in the Championship I could understand this, but we're a League 2 side and we now have a backroom team of 8 (manager, assistant, goalie coach, physio, two kitmen, a sports scientist and a video analyst). I'm sure the board think this great work but I can't help but think we're pissing much of our "tight budget" up the wall on pish a League 2 side doesn't need. 

Apologies if this is viewing things through a negative lens...

Why the f**k do we have 2 kitmen? 

24 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Wait, do we honestly have two kitmen? What on earth? 😂

Assuming we’re paying buttons I’m happy with the scientist and analyst jumping onboard. 

A quick Twitter search would suggest the sports scientist has just given up roles at both Clyde and Darvel to join us so I’d imagine he must be getting a decent enough wage.

God knows why we have a sport scientist. I mean fair play if we're going to be the fittest side in the league and chase the arse of everyone but going on last seasons efforts I find that hard to believe. Happy to be proven wrong. I would also like to think kitmen at our level are volunteers but with Faz and jobs for the boys who knows.

I really don’t get how we’re so broke that we’re on our knees and can’t afford to sack the manager, yet seem to hire a new staff member every day.

Also, when he’s punted, will all these guys be heading out the door too?

Like when we were letting Farrell dish out 18 month contracts to mediocrity in January, when his position should’ve been hanging by a thread. I mean, I’m quite pleased with Wallace, but a 2 year deal for him seems incredibly risky, given he’s 32 next month and his recent form and other issues.

This club is so incredibly badly run, makes you want to pull your hair out.

23 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I would also like to think kitmen at our level are volunteers but with Faz and jobs for the boys who knows.

It all just sounds like way too much of an old pals act. Especially the circumstances that led to Farrell getting the job in the first place.

Of course, if we were doing well on the pitch, we’d probably be happy enough to overlook these things. It all seems really weird, though.

Serious fear for this season. I’d maybe be confident about finishing above Albion Rovers, but not many of the rest.

Edited by FifeSons

Surely you aren't paying a kitman nevermind two? It's usually always a volunteered position at this level.

Regarding sports scientist pretty much every club in Scotland will have one these days so that's certainly nothing out of the ordinary at this level. You're behind the times if you don't have one I'd say.

19 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

One for the home kit & one for the away kit, obviously!

That actually would’ve come in handy when we brought the wrong kit to Stenny and had to wear their away one!

Edited by FifeSons