Sons' sorrow

I seriously doubt we’ve done anything wrong. East Fife sound like they were happy to be rid of him. I wouldn’t read anything into the timings.

Wallace may well be past it, we’ll see. I’m absolutely still going to get excited about him, though. I refuse to learn my lesson from Rory Loy etc. Strikers are weird ones. Sometimes they totally flop and other times they completely surprise you (Lister with us, Nisbet with Raith).

There’s been nothing else remotely exciting in a long time, so it’s nice to have something to latch on to.

Edited by FifeSons

Just because EF announced Wallace had officially left them yesterday (when he was in Portugal judging by his social media) doesn't mean that the deal to terminate his contract was only agreed yesterday. That was just when East Fife chose to publish it. Presumably it was sorted before he flew out.

A few years ago one of our players signed a new contract remotely when he wasn't even in the country mind you. So who knows. 

I suspect he's said to EF that he won't play for them again but is prepared to walk away from his contract. So they've been left with the option of letting him go or have him hoover up a good chunk of their budget for kicking his heels and being in huff. 

He must've had a colossal falling out with Stevie Crawford for it to come to this. Hopefully it fires him up to get back to his Arbroath form with us.

Guest AberhillEnd
6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Just because EF announced Wallace had officially left them yesterday (when he was in Portugal judging by his social media) doesn't mean that the deal to terminate his contract was only agreed yesterday. That was just when East Fife chose to publish it. Presumably it was sorted before he flew out.

A few years ago one of our players signed a new contract remotely when he wasn't even in the country mind you. So who knows. 

I suspect he's said to EF that he won't play for them again but is prepared to walk away from his contract. So they've been left with the option of letting him go or have him hoover up a good chunk of their budget for kicking his heels and being in huff. 

He must've had a colossal falling out with Stevie Crawford for it to come to this. Hopefully it fires him up to get back to his Arbroath form with us.

It started way before Crawford was appointed.

6 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I hope you’re right.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Had a good right foot on him, always fancied him to work keeper, clever player and used his arse (cause it was so big and imagine it’ll only have grown) very well backing into players. Needs ball into his feet 

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Had a good right foot on him, always fancied him to work keeper, clever player and used his arse (cause it was so big and imagine it’ll only have grown) very well backing into players. Needs ball into his feet 

How is he when the ball is aimlessly lumped at him?

Been a while since I've posted mainly down to dejection and disappointment with the situation.The main points have been well covered by the regular posters but to add my 2p worth I would say that I am reluctantly willing to give SF the first quarter to prove he can get things right.I know it's foolhardy as the guy has never delivered anywhere but h has signed 1 or 2 decent players and we have good players for this level but my fear is he won't be able to get them to play as a team.

Probably he will need some experienced manager out of the game to come down and give him some pointers as i genuinelt believe he doesn't know whatnhes doing.This is a guy that talks the talk but has thus far not walked the walk.I really hope he proves me wrong but I fear he won't.Thats why giving him 9 games is foolhardy plus the fact that after 9 games last season we were 2nd in the table.We are playing with fire keeping himbut its clear he wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by lorenzo71

There’s probably not much choice but to get behind him for the first quarter, at this stage. Not that I’ll be doing so financially, by buying a season ticket.

It would be nice to know that the board would actually act if we’re struggling at that point. I’m not convinced they would.

Just have to pray this season is different, but I fully expect more of the same. The usual defensive howlers and penalties conceded etc.

It’s up to him now to prove us wrong. He’s under massive pressure, at least from the fans, to get off to a good start.

Edited by FifeSons

There’s probably not much choice but to get behind him for the first quarter, at this stage. Not that I’ll be doing so financially, by buying a season ticket.
It would be nice to know that the board would actually act if we’re struggling at that point. I’m not convinced they would.
Just have to pray this season is different, but I fully expect more of the same. The usual defensive howlers and penalties conceded etc.
It’s up to him now to prove us wrong. He’s under massive pressure, at least from the fans, to get off to a good start.
That's the thing, we all want the club to be successful but a lot (on here anyway and including myself in this) are sceptical about whether Farrell is the man to do it. As said by Lorenzo, he has the talk but so far hasn't walked the walk. But he's not being a poor manager deliberately. He'll want the club to be successful as much as we do but I have no confidence in him and it's up to him to prove me wrong.

35 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

That's the thing, we all want the club to be successful but a lot (on here anyway and including myself in this) are sceptical about whether Farrell is the man to do it. As said by Lorenzo, he has the talk but so far hasn't walked the walk. But he's not being a poor manager deliberately. He'll want the club to be successful as much as we do but I have no confidence in him and it's up to him to prove me wrong.

Yep, I also have no confidence in him. It’s totally on him now to prove us all wrong.

Lorenzo also makes a good point that he had us in a good position after 9 games last season, followed by a total collapse. Given his only other ‘success’ with Stranraer was over a greatly shortened season, he really hasn’t proven himself to do well over many games.

Just have to cross our fingers and hope for the best, now. Like you say, it’s in everyone’s best interest (probably barring the owners) for the club to do well. I think the first quarter is a fair amount of time to give him.

All that being said, if we lose 5-0 at Cliftonhill on the opening day…

Edited by FifeSons

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I see our new signing is getting into a twitter spat.

Faz, if you’re reading this, please get them all off social media. Especially Big Eric.

He’s quite right to defend himself tbh. A guy who was banned for 2 years for taking gear trying to fish for East Fife likes by slating him.