Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Faz is either an idiot or utterly delusional. Either way I give him 5 games before he's down the job centre. 

Both, I reckon. When you’re coming out with stuff like “double figures for the past 4 seasons” and “we’ll be challenging for the title with the players we’re signing” you really have to back it up. I reckon he’ll start distancing us from being title challengers pretty early on.  Could see him also repeating the “you need players that know this league” line as an excuse for signing mediocrity.

I wouldn’t fancy the board to sack him at any point this season, though.

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

That gives us a squad of 15. Presumably the rest will be Henning’s Scandinavian wonderkids.

I think you can forget that - notice was recently placed on Companies House that World Player Pool Limited is about to be struck off.  And I wouldn't expect to see Mr Kristoffersen at The Rock any time soon.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Faz is either an idiot or utterly delusional. Either way I give him 5 games before he's down the job centre. 

He'll get the first quarter.

If we're near the bottom around guy fawkes night and there's a serious chance of LL relegation then he'll be sacked.

53 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

He'll get the first quarter.

If we're near the bottom around guy fawkes night and there's a serious chance of LL relegation then he'll be sacked.

That’s around my birthday. That would be a nice present.

I'm kind of fearing that our next signing will be a striker described as having physical presence, good in the air and on the deck with a keen eye for goal and we'll end up with Robert Jones 
If that's a Farrel description it will be a 5ft4 striker who's scored 3 goals in 5 years

41 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:
I'm kind of fearing that our next signing will be a striker described as having physical presence, good in the air and on the deck with a keen eye for goal and we'll end up with Robert Jones 

If that's a Farrel description it will be a 5ft4 striker who's scored 3 goals in 5 years

Gary McCutcheon, come on down !

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

I was worried about this too, but Jan put my mind at rest a bit, given Farrell released Jones with us last season.

Can anyone bring themselves to imagine what the starting 11 is going to look like?

20 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I was worried about this too, but Jan put my mind at rest a bit, given Farrell released Jones with us last season.

Can anyone bring themselves to imagine what the starting 11 is going to look like?

I've been doodling this out over the last few days, and I reckon, if everyone was fit and I was picking the team, it would look something like this.

Brett Long

Aron Lynas Ryan McGeever Martin McNiff Gregg Wylde

Kalvin Orsi Joe McKee Stuart Carswell Callum Wilson

Ally Love Ross MacLean

Subs: Lynch, Buchanan, Blair, D.Wilson.

We really, really need a few natural options up top. I like Love and MacLean as players, but neither are out and out forwards. And neither is Orsi, who has looked far more effective out wide. We need a left-back too, I'm not sure Wylde is an outright LB (more a wing-back) and I don't think Faz sees him as a full-back.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've been doodling this out over the last few days, and I reckon, if everyone was fit and I was picking the team, it would look something like this.

Brett Long

Aron Lynas Ryan McGeever Martin McNiff Gregg Wylde

Kalvin Orsi Joe McKee Stuart Carswell Callum Wilson

Ally Love Ross MacLean

Subs: Lynch, Buchanan, Blair, D.Wilson.

We really, really need a few natural options up top. I like Love and MacLean as players, but neither are out and out forwards. And neither is Orsi, who has looked far more effective out wide. We need a left-back too, I'm not sure Wylde is an outright LB (more a wing-back) and I don't think Faz sees him as a full-back.

Feels like we’re clearly strongest in Midfield and the Goalkeeper. We could potentially be decent at centre half, if McGeever is still the same player and Buchanan became the player he was in his first spell (IMO he needs Mr Burns to tell him to get rid of those side burns). Interesting you’ve gone for McNiff over him!

A Championship Carsy showing up wouldn’t hurt either, but maybe if we pair him with someone creative that will help. As pointed out, Hutton, Wedderburn and Paton didn’t help him.

Full back and striker the obvious weak spots.

5 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

That's Ulster footballer of the year 2011-12 Gary McCutcheon to you 

I remember him being really decent on an early 2000’s version of LMA manager. Then again, so was Danny McKelvie.

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I remember him being really decent on an early 2000’s version of LMA manager. Then again, so was Danny McKelvie.

I seem to remember Tom Brown also being brilliant in LMA 2003. Which again maybe highlights some issues in accuracy.