Sons' sorrow

53 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I sent that exact text to Clarko_son during the game last night.

I didn't get the fear our keeper was going to throw one in at any point but apart from that it was a far too familiar feeling

8 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

There were times when I felt I was watching Dumbarton last season.

6 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I sent that exact text to Clarko_son during the game last night.

I said the exact same to my non-Sons-supporting pal and he said the Sons were still far worse. Ouch.

Stanger off. No shocks there after what the manager had said.

Though, given some of the other things Farrell has come out with post-season, Stanger having Championship offers could’ve been absolute nonsense.

Edited by FifeSons

I see he’s gone to Alloa, so Farrell may well have been talking his usual nonsense about Championship offers.

Going full-on conspiracy theory, he and Farrell share the same agent, so I wouldn’t be shocked if it was made up to leverage him a better L1 offer.

Edited by FifeSons

Armstrong looks like another bang average signing. I’d say everyone other than Brett Long has been underwhelming. A season of mediocrity, at best, awaits us.

Cant wait till Faz and ‘Big Eric’ get punted off to the WoSL, where they belong.

Edited by FifeSons

17 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Armstrong looks like another bang average signing. I’d say everyone other than Brett Long has been underwhelming. A season of mediocrity, at best, awaits us.

Cant wait till Faz and ‘Big Eric’ get punted off to the WoSL, where they belong.

I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say recruitment has been decent so far, and paired with the existing squad members I'm cautiously optimistic. L2 is a tight league of similar quality sides, so I don't think anyone will be a runaway leader. Success, failure or mediocrity will be hard fought and decided by consistency, and that's where Farrell will really be challenged.

26 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I'm going to put my head above the parapet and say recruitment has been decent so far, and paired with the existing squad members I'm cautiously optimistic. L2 is a tight league of similar quality sides, so I don't think anyone will be a runaway leader. Success, failure or mediocrity will be hard fought and decided by consistency, and that's where Farrell will really be challenged.

Fair play if you’re able to work up any kind of enthusiasm for next season.

For me, the sooner the management is binned, the better.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I hope this player we're announcing tomorrow is worth the 24 hour build up we've just started :lol:

A 24 hour build up for some random ex Stenny jobber could be a right hoot.

Not overly arsed about Stanger, I thought he looked decent enough but he had an absolute horror show in the playoffs. 

Not overly fussed about Stanger. Looked ok in spells in what was ultimately a shambles of a defence but will be forever remember for the two calamity gaffes in the play-off semi. Good luck to him.

Id say the recruitment so far has been “ok”. Nothing more and it’ll be interesting to see the shape of the squad come July when we can make a full assessment. What’s obvious is that Farrell will need an immediate winning start to the league campaign.

I’ll be renewing my ST next month. I feet not doing so only weakens the squad building potential, given we’ll see zero investment from the owners, but respect those who take a different view based on other factors.