Sons' sorrow

Also appears from the club social media posts that their might be a hint to suggest that Syversten was the last player from last season to be released. Meaning all others who were on those two year deals will be turning out for the sons this coming season 

44 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Also appears from the club social media posts that their might be a hint to suggest that Syversten was the last player from last season to be released. Meaning all others who were on those two year deals will be turning out for the sons this coming season 

Unless they get themselves a better gig elsewhere and asked to be released from their contract with us.

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

We can’t release players on 2 year deals. We’d either have to come to some sort of agreement whereby we ask them to cut their deal short for nae pay or they ask the manager to release them from their contract and he agrees. 

I can’t see McKee wanting to hang around and I wouldn’t be surprised if young Wilson is looking to move on, unless Faz has promised him more starts this season. 

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We can’t release players on 2 year deals. We’d either have to come to some sort of agreement whereby we ask them to cut their deal short for nae pay or they ask the manager to release them from their contract and he agrees. 

I can’t see McKee wanting to hang around and I wouldn’t be surprised if young Wilson is looking to move on, unless Faz has promised him more starts this season. 

It’s just the posts from club socials make reference to it as if all other players are staying. 

I am aware they could have cut deals elsewhere or asked to be released by the gaffer etc. I’m aware of how that works. 

it was just because of the wording in the recent posts re Mcniff signing. It’s quite firm in the sense those players will play. 

image.thumb.png.6d99d6758f1a7a5baabe8ae34946079f.png

Always liked mcniff. Happy with that signing. He played loads of positions for us when he was a young player making his way in first team football; left Ch, left back, left mid, centre mid, left wing back. Always looked like left CH would be his eventual position. Good signing for me.

5 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

but banished a few seasons of pretty average fayre there with a freakish season of goal-scoring form in our promotion season, which saw him filling in at the problem area of left-back.

Another guaranteed double-figures a season?

Joint-second is in the bag.

Edited by FifeSons

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m happy enough with McNiff. He’s a solid League 2 player and given that he’s local and started out with us he’ll probably give a f**k which is a bonus. I’d rather see him starting at centre back over Buchanan.

It would certainly make sense to have a right-footed and left-footed central defensive pairing.

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here, he'll probably play left back. 

I think that's always been his issue, he's been signed as a centre half everywhere he has gone but always ends up being stuck at left back. 

Good player for L2 though, probably acceptable at L1. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Aberdeen
Raith Rovers
Peterhead
Stirling Albion.
Our league Cup group.
Meh.

It was always going to be meh, but we should be more interested in what our playing pool will be like by then.  Love, Long and McNiff look like reasonable signings, it's some of the existing squad that's the worry.

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The game is also on a Tuesday night so fair fucks to anyone taking time off work for that. 

His reasoning behind the game was to give the boys a jolly. You'd think they would have at least sorted it for a weekend.