Sons' sorrow

26 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

I get people don’t rate Farrell but most of your post seem to be about him. Your nearly up there with that guy that used to post about Aly Roy.

Tbf, as much as there are more existential problems at the club than Farrell, he's a massive part of the on-field problems. He's been well-backed and took us down without a fight, getting humiliated along the way in the playoffs. Its absolutely outrageous that he's still in the job and quite right that the fans are angry.

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

I get people don’t rate Farrell but most of your post seem to be about him. Your nearly up there with that guy that used to post about Aly Roy.

Most of my posts are about a guy who went 2 months losing every game, got us relegated. Talks utter nonsense every time he speaks….and continues to bullshit to the supporters. 

genuinely believes we were relegated cause of bad luck. And then completely miss sells signings to the fans with nonsense about proven double figure goal scorers. The man’s a fraud. And currently is the reason I’m not financially supporting DFC for the first time in 25 Years. 

That’s why most of my posts are re him 

Edited by DobbiesAgent

Like most folk I don’t want Farrell in charge but I think at this stage there has to be some form of acceptance that the board have decided he will remain as manager into next season. They’ve made their decision, they aren’t going to change their mind, no matter how much folk spam tweets or post about it on here. I really hope that if folk are choosing to attend next season that giving abuse to Farrell can be shelved until such times when it’s realistic that the board might actually realise they’ve made a mistake and do what they have to. I genuinely don’t think all the tweets, other social media posts or any sort of verbal abuse he’s due to get will be helping at this stage. Ultimately the ideal scenario is that he builds a successful team and takes us straight back up. Do I think that is going to happen? Probably not, but shit happens and we need to accept that this is what the reality is. I’m not saying he’s exempt from criticism until October, he still says daft shit and I’ve no doubt he’ll make a few pish signings as well but any new squad deserves a bit of backing.

I’d recommend at least trying to back him and the team for the first quarter and if there are nae signs of us looking like making the playoffs then you can tweet and shout pelters at him. The board and owners are a different matter, direct whatever you like towards them, the football has practically become irrelevent now when dealing with that mob.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

12 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Would be interesting what they would do I say two supporters clubbed together instead of buying a season ticket and bought a pitch side advertising board that said Farrel out on it for £450 😆 that seems like a steal 

How about...

H.A.M

Hosie Asset Management

*stealing land since the 2000's*

Or....

Henning's Helicopter School

*learn how to fly like the pigs in 12 weeks*

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Looks like we don't have a stadium sponsor going by that brochure. Any reason we list the price of all sponsor opportunities aside from that one? 

I would guess it's because it's negotiable and also it's more likely to be a multi-year deal? 

Might be talking nonsense there 

20 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

you have to tell your board that you will not be renewing season tickets 

money talks 

Even Farrell might walk with enough pressure 

I think quite a few folk have told them, or at least tried to. Whether the emails reach them, I have no idea.

I don’t think there’s any scenario in which he walks. He’s basically said as much.

I’d imagine the scenario they foresee is Farrell getting us off to a brilliant start and people then deciding to buy a season ticket.

7 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Like most folk I don’t want Farrell in charge but I think at this stage there has to be some form of acceptance that the board have decided he will remain as manager into next season. They’ve made their decision, they aren’t going to change their mind, no matter how much folk spam tweets or post about it on here. I really hope that if folk are choosing to attend next season that giving abuse to Farrell can be shelved until such times when it’s realistic that the board might actually realise they’ve made a mistake and do what they have to. I genuinely don’t think all the tweets, other social media posts or any sort of verbal abuse he’s due to get will be helping at this stage. Ultimately the ideal scenario is that he builds a successful team and takes us straight back up. Do I think that is going to happen? Probably not, but shit happens and we need to accept that this is what the reality is. I’m not saying he’s exempt from criticism until October, he still says daft shit and I’ve no doubt he’ll make a few pish signings as well but any new squad deserves a bit of backing.

I’d recommend at least trying to back him and the team for the first quarter and if there are nae signs of us looking like making the playoffs then you can tweet and shout pelters at him. The board and owners are a different matter, direct whatever you like towards them, the football has practically become irrelevent now when dealing with that mob.

Tbf, you’d have to try quite hard in this league to be out of playoff contention after 9 games. I’d say if the title is gone by that stage, he should be gone.

I can see him being in charge all season, though, with us being just about close enough to the playoffs to justify it. Like I say, it would be quite hard to be out of the running. Even as low as 6th still had a chance until very late last season. Not to say he couldn’t manage it, though. Wouldn’t shock me at all if we’re in contention for the other playoffs.

Edited by FifeSons

McNiff was generally okay for us but was amazing during our promotion season, where he played left back. He, remarkably, scored about 18482842 goals during that season but he struggled a bit in League One the season after, albeit at left back.

During most of his time with us he was generally a decent centre-half and he’ll be quite dependable in League Two, unless he regressed massively at Stirling. Left footed too, as you guys will know, which can be a bonus. Compared to the rabble we had at centre-half last year, I would certainly have preferred McNiff over them.

Not a bad signing actually. Remember seeing him at Clyde few years after he left us and thought he had turned himself into a bit of a unit which is always handy as a centre half.

He was captain a good few times for them if I remember correctly? I could be wrong. Definitely knows the league and what it takes to get out of it. Can’t complain too much. 

Also. Someone might want to spell his name right on the Instagram post. Absolute pub league stuff. It’s not even spelt wrong it’s just the wrong name

17 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Not a bad signing actually. Remember seeing him at Clyde few years after he left us and thought he had turned himself into a bit of a unit which is always handy as a centre half.

He was captain a good few times for them if I remember correctly? I could be wrong. Definitely knows the league and what it takes to get out of it. Can’t complain too much. 

Can't remember him ever having the armband for us but that's not to take anything away from him - was a good servant, solid enough and as Scott said played a big part in our promotion season with his goal return (2nd top scorer behind Goodwillie) and in hindsight should've probably been kept when he got released after watching some of our defending last season

Edited by CM.

Martin McNiff is a handy signing for any promotion-chasing League Two club, but that's very much his level. He's best at centre-back, but banished a few seasons of pretty average fayre there with a freakish season of goal-scoring form in our promotion season, which saw him filling in at the problem area of left-back. It worked really well for us because we generally bossed every game and as a result he was never really doubled up on, but pace-wise and in terms of distribution he clearly wasn't the best out there. After coming up, his square-peg-round-hole status as a full-back was exposed as brutally as it was quickly, and he went on to perform adequately enough at centre-back up until his eventual departure. If the plan is to play him left-back then I'd be a bit concerned, but he'd partner McGeever well by dint of having a bit more football in him.

Edited by the_bully_wee