Sons' sorrow

Did our social media guy not get fucked off with the club and chuck it a while back? since then the updates on twitter (only social media I use) are sporadic at best.
I think he chucked it when the brilliant Cumbernauld tweet was deleted because one person complained about it.

44 minutes ago, microdave said:
48 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
Did our social media guy not get fucked off with the club and chuck it a while back? since then the updates on twitter (only social media I use) are sporadic at best.

I think he chucked it when the brilliant Cumbernauld tweet was deleted because one person complained about it.

This wasn’t the reason he chucked it, it’s a personal thing that I wont go into but you can trust me when I say he was absolutely correct in telling them where to ram it. 

I don’t think I’ve ever gone into a new season with less optimism, or actually wanting the manager binned. Was too young for the Fallon era and although there were question marks over Aitken in L1, we were title favourites and looked to have a decent side. 

I wonder how quickly it’ll be before the title is gone and the chat shifts to “we can’t sack him because we’re in contention for the playoffs/it’s too far into the season”.

If it makes money then fine. Unfortunately we're not in a position where we can turn down events that make money. If there's no risk to the club and it's being funded by the promoters then wire in. We could have stripper nights, battle of the band nights, "an evening with" nights or competitive tiddly winks nights - as long as it makes money and doesnt interfere with crowds on a Saturday home game then wire in. The only event thats even remotely my thing is the Rock Comedy Club. Even then I wasn't a regular before the pandemic because I usually had a gig to go to. Ultimately Dumbarton can''t afford to rely on football crowd income only. If this brings in money to the club then its worth doing. 

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If it makes money then fine. Unfortunately we're not in a position where we can turn down events that make money. If there's no risk to the club and it's being funded by the promoters then wire in. We could have stripper nights, battle of the band nights, "an evening with" nights or competitive tiddly winks nights - as long as it makes money and doesnt interfere with crowds on a Saturday home game then wire in. The only event thats even remotely my thing is the Rock Comedy Club. Even then I wasn't a regular before the pandemic because I usually had a gig to go to. Ultimately Dumbarton can''t afford to rely on football crowd income only. If this brings in money to the club then its worth doing. 

I’d rather we didn’t associate ourselves with a celebration of anything royal family related, even if it does make money, but each to their own.

I’m not entirely sure the public of Dumbarton will be queueing up to celebrate some old cow with a diamond encrusted bunnet when they can barely afford to fill their motor with diesel. I can see this one getting cancelled.

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Has anyone else noticed that the club have changed the Twitter settings so that no one can comment on their tweets anymore?

Seems to be the same on Facebook on the recent posts. I had noticed they were deleting comments on the youth team announcement post so don't know if it was due to that or it's been because of something else. 

5 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Seems to be the same on Facebook on the recent posts. I had noticed they were deleting comments on the youth team announcement post so don't know if it was due to that or it's been because of something else. 

Interesting. What were the comments they were deleting?

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s to stem any negative comments re Farrell and the board. That seems like the kind of thing those diddies on the board would be concerned about. Rather than our imminent descent to the Lowland League.

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Interesting. What were the comments they were deleting?

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s to stem any negative comments re Farrell and the board. That seems like the kind of thing those diddies on the board would be concerned about.

So it seemed to be folk that I assume we're involved in some way with the old set up? Basically having a go because it had been shut down in the first place more than anything else. 

Now I've had a better look it seems to have been after the renewal posts the comments have been turned off. Which fits with what you've suggested. 

8 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

So it seemed to be folk that I assume we're involved in some way with the old set up? Basically having a go because it had been shut down in the first place more than anything else. 

Now I've had a better look it seems to have been after the renewal posts the comments have been turned off. Which fits with what you've suggested. 

There’s probably nothing in it, I’m just looking for a reason to complain.

That said, the people who run the club are absolutely clueless in every sense. As already mentioned in the thread, we used to have a really good social media presence, until the fannies in charge ruined that. Now any kind of patter is absolutely non-existent and been replaced with North-Korean state-tv.

I hope the season ticket sales have put the serious fear into them.

Edited by FifeSons

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Stopping people replying to social media posts is absolutely pathetic stuff.  It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, they’d rather bury their heads in the sand that accept the deserving criticism head on. We are a complete shitshow and the only real avenue of direct communication that supporters have with the club is now blocked because they don’t like hearing people’s honest opinions. 

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That said, the people who run the club are absolutely clueless in every sense. As already mentioned in the thread, we used to have a really good social media presence, until the fannies in charge ruined that. Now any kind of patter is absolutely non-existent and been replaced with North-Korean state-tv.

I hope the season ticket sales have put the serious fear into them.

Well I'd say there was, folk should be allowed to air their viewpoints. Simply blocking any criticism whatsoever is heads in the sand stuff. 

The club can't seriously expect us to be relegated and everyone to go "ach well, better luck next year"

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stopping people replying to social media posts is absolutely pathetic stuff.  It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, they’d rather bury their heads in the sand that accept the deserving criticism head on. We are a complete shitshow and the only real avenue of direct communication that supporters have with the club is now blocked because they don’t like hearing people’s honest opinions. 

5 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Well I'd say there was, folk should be allowed to air their viewpoints. Simply blocking any criticism whatsoever is heads in the sand stuff. 

The club can't seriously expect us to be relegated and everyone to go "ach well, better luck next year"

Yep, it would be absolutely par for the course if they’ve had a temper tantrum and decided to block comments. If that is what’s happened, I don’t think a sufficient answer to the Trust letter will be forthcoming…