Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Probably more likely this defender wasn't a done deal and he is still weighing up his options. There's been an air of desperation around what Faz has said so far (the double figures claim and that this defender was due to sign) and we're only 3 signings in. It's still obviously very early days but I fear we have more work to do with this squad than meets the eye, and if any of the two year deal guys are moving on I'd rather it was done sooner than later. 

That’s probably it, but it’s still a bit strange how quiet it’s been this week. If the player is Docherty, though, I’ll be pretty happy if he goes somewhere else. We don’t need to be signing anyone else who’s past it or because they’re pals with the management team.

I still think it’s all meaningless while he remains in charge, though. Nothing will change next season. It’ll be the same performances and same patter in the post-match interviews. I won’t be at a home game while he’s still there. I’ll make sure I’m at one of the first away games to make my voice heard, though.

Edited by FifeSons

6 hours ago, Hope Springs said:

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.

I think we need to separate the football from the other stuff as the two are not really related.  The target audience for Abba tributes, psychic nights, comedy clubs, etc., will likely be very different from those of us whose obsession is the fitba club.  As has been said it might bring in some revenue and the guy behind it all seems very enthusiastic - so far, so good.

However, your point about the Board 'focusing their efforts on the football side of things' is absolutely spot-on.  On current evidence though, keep your expectations low.

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.
I dont have a problem with them promoting nights at the club if it brings in a few quid. As far as I understand its not putting the club out much as its organised by our hospitality contractor. Therefore its kind of a win win for us. Tbf we need all the help we can get in raising a few quid so if it's a comedy night, stripper show, 80s tribute night or anything else then so be it.
The negativity around the board is correct and totally justified.

31 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I dont have a problem with them promoting nights at the club if it brings in a few quid. As far as I understand its not putting the club out much as its organised by our hospitality contractor. Therefore its kind of a win win for us. Tbf we need all the help we can get in raising a few quid so if it's a comedy night, stripper show, 80s tribute night or anything else then so be it.
The negativity around the board is correct and totally justified.

There’s enough tits down there already.

From a week tomorrow...
Our beloved Sons Sorrow..
Will be in League 2 Chatter...
Where there's considerably less patter..
*gets coat*

It's good and a better effort than I could do but I don't think our poet in residence has anything to worry about.

8 hours ago, microdave said:
14 hours ago, Silverton End said:
From a week tomorrow...
Our beloved Sons Sorrow..
Will be in League 2 Chatter...
Where there's considerably less patter..
*gets coat*

It's good and a better effort than I could do but I don't think our poet in residence has anything to worry about.

Scolded by microdave...

Silverton End willingly forgave...

😀

17 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Syvertsen not returning according to the OS.

Good of us to post yesterday’s article on social media so everyone is aware. Our social media presence is absolutely rotten, which is a shame considering it was one of the best at the beginning of the season. 

I must admit, I’m absolutely astounded Stanger has a Championship offer. Fair play to him, he should be grabbing that with both hands.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good of us to post yesterday’s article on social media so everyone is aware. Our social media presence is absolutely rotten, which is a shame considering it was one of the best at the beginning of the season. 

I must admit, I’m absolutely astounded Stanger has a Championship offer. Fair play to him, he should be grabbing that with both hands.

I am not massively surprised although I would expect lower end championship. Yes he made one or two mistakes that lead to a goal but he’s young and was badly let down by the people playing beside him, most notable, Buchanan. Maybe I am pinning too much on Mcgeever but if we had him and Stranger at CB together, I think we would be solid.

21 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

I am not massively surprised although I would expect lower end championship. Yes he made one or two mistakes that lead to a goal but he’s young and was badly let down by the people playing beside him, most notable, Buchanan. Maybe I am pinning too much on Mcgeever but if we had him and Stranger at CB together, I think we would be solid.

Stanger looked solid enough but he certainly didn’t stand out enough to warrant a move up a division IMO. I thought he looked like he was operating at his natural level in the lower reaches of League 1. He didn’t make many mistakes but it’s pretty ludicrous to be blaming guys like Buchanan for them tbh. It’s not like Buchanan forced him into the kamikaze back pass against Edinburgh City. Buchanan was honking last season but the other guys in the defence are grown ass men, they need to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Like I said, fair play to the guy, I hope he takes his opportunity.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Perhaps I'm being too harsh considering almost everything about the club pisses me off these days, and I understand there must be an element of team building during our preseason, but reading "we're going to take the boys down to England for a piss up and a friendly before the season starts" just exemplifies the Sunday League mentality that is becoming more apparent in our management team by the day. We've just been fucking embarrassingly relegated and we're sending those lads on a piss up. Happy clappers will love it mind you.

And just to remind everyone again, we're running a tight budget this year so buy your season tickets...

I thought exactly the same tbh. Fair enough have your friendly in the north of England, and sure have a piss up if you really want to. At least have the common decency to call it a “team bonding exercise” instead of actually saying the piss up bit.

He's worded that really poorly. Had he said "It'll give the guys a chance to have some team bonding before the action starts", I'd have had no problem with it, even though it can be interpreted to mean the same thing.

Did our social media guy not get fucked off with the club and chuck it a while back? since then the updates on twitter (only social media I use) are sporadic at best.