Sons' sorrow

She’s confronted me at a game before actually. The reason being, I mentioned on FB that it was quite strange to go and watch ex players over your own team, yet say others weren’t real fans for wanting Aitken gone.

Edited by FifeSons

She was giving the barman a lecture for moving tables in the supporters bar the other week. The barman who is in charge of the supporters bar and had moved the tables for customer convenience. She's a busy body oddball.

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Some stag weekend this defender is on.

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

An around the world cruise I heard.

Now hear me out, I’ve probably lost it, but maybe, just maybe, they have put him signing anyone else on hold because they are panicking about the season ticket sales and are having second thoughts about keeping him…

Nah, I’ve definitely lost the plot.

Edited by FifeSons

6 minutes ago, microdave said:

I got a letter through the post today from the club trying to sell me a st along with flyers about the lottery and a young Sons application form. All in the bin.

That’s really sad to hear, but what other recourse have the board left the fans with? I’m not surprised you binned them.

Edited by FifeSons

That’s really sad to hear, but what other recourse have the board left the fans with? I’m not surprised you binned them.
It breaks my heart that I'm feeling like this. I keep feeling like I'm going to cave in and buy one. I'm determined not to though. I've actually been giving it some thought and I'll probably buy a half season ticket at Christmas time. I think the season will go one of three ways. We'll be absolute guff and Farrell will be gone by October, we'll be brilliant and scooshing it by December (and I'll be wiping egg from my face) or we'll be mid table mediocrity. Only the latter would see me continue without a st. I will still go to the games when the season starts but only as a patg fan. I'm not paying upfront while he's still in charge.

4 hours ago, microdave said:
4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

It breaks my heart that I'm feeling like this. I keep feeling like I'm going to cave in and buy one. I'm determined not to though. I've actually been giving it some thought and I'll probably buy a half season ticket at Christmas time. I think the season will go one of three ways. We'll be absolute guff and Farrell will be gone by October, we'll be brilliant and scooshing it by December (and I'll be wiping egg from my face) or we'll be mid table mediocrity. Only the latter would see me continue without a st. I will still go to the games when the season starts but only as a patg fan. I'm not paying upfront while he's still in charge.

I can definitely relate to that. I’d love to buy one, but I think the only leverage the fans have is to withhold it.

The thing is, whether Farrell somehow succeeds and proves us all wrong, or they bin him, there are still huge answers the board need to give with regards to the Trust letter.

Edited by FifeSons

14 hours ago, microdave said:

I got a letter through the post today from the club trying to sell me a st along with flyers about the lottery and a young Sons application form. All in the bin.

Should have ripped it to pieces and sent it back 

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.

25 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.

It's a way of making money. We need money.

18 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Now hear me out, I’ve probably lost it, but maybe, just maybe, they have put him signing anyone else on hold because they are panicking about the season ticket sales and are having second thoughts about keeping him…

Nah, I’ve definitely lost the plot.

Probably more likely this defender wasn't a done deal and he is still weighing up his options. There's been an air of desperation around what Faz has said so far (the double figures claim and that this defender was due to sign) and we're only 3 signings in. It's still obviously very early days but I fear we have more work to do with this squad than meets the eye, and if any of the two year deal guys are moving on I'd rather it was done sooner than later.