Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

I'll be interested to see who this defender he's expecting to sign soon is. Overall, pretty happy with the new signings, especially Long seems to be a good bit of business.

Time for Rico Q to do the decent thing and follow Long back to the Rock. 

1 minute ago, George Parr said:

Time for Rico Q to do the decent thing and follow Long back to the Rock. 

Really? Rico was fine but he wasn't all that great. I think having had Boyle/Wylde/Muir this season may have tinted opinions and we maybe feel he was better than he actually was. Bit of a liability defensively. Looked decent going forward but I'm not sure he ever actually created goals with it.

I'd have given Muir a chance because although he is raw, he is young and could have been a fairly cheap option who I feel could have developed into a decent player, especially with the drop down. That being said, I'd hope we find someone more proven at this level or the league above as our first choice.

17 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
1 hour ago, FifeSons said:
Who?!
Ah, is he the defender on the stag?

It's not the name iv heard. The one iv heard is a bit more familiar to sons fans.

My stab in the dark guess on this would be Sparky. He played under Aitken and Faz and Stranraer and I'm sure he's big pals with Frank McKeown. 

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

My stab in the dark guess on this would be Sparky. He played under Aitken and Faz and Stranraer and I'm sure he's big pals with Frank McKeown. 

Have he and Carsy patched things up after that incident at Dunfermline?

23 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

No, just no.  Nothing against Sparky but the season just ended absolutely convinced me that my long-held view on players returning to former clubs was spot-on.  Time for Managers and assistants to make new pals.

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No, just no.  Nothing against Sparky but the season just ended absolutely convinced me that my long-held view on players returning to former clubs was spot-on.  Time for Managers and assistants to make new pals.

This. It very rarely works out well second time around. Especially when the players in question have hardly been setting the fire alight in recent years...

A la, Buchanan, Boyle, Geggan... no more, please.

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

It would be very disappointing if the manager hadn’t learnt from Boyle and Geggan last season.

I'd genuinely add Buchanan into that list. He has had a terrible season. A few okay games here and there don't mask how bad he has been, for me. Can't imagine he's on the lowest wage and I'm sure we could get much better in for the money.

8 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I'd genuinely add Buchanan into that list. He has had a terrible season. A few okay games here and there don't mask how bad he has been, for me. Can't imagine he's on the lowest wage and I'm sure we could get much better in for the money.

I’d imagine he’ll be our highest earner.

Maybe people will disagree with me here, but I think the season expectations (from the board to Farrell) have absolutely got to be set at win the league. Obviously that’s not what I think we will come anywhere near to doing, but given Farrell was allowed to stay on (and will be backed with a more-than-decent budget again), there should be big pressure on him from the board to deliver that.

Edited by FifeSons

Faz suggesting some of our two year deals may be on the move. I'd take a guess at messrs McKee and Lynch being at the top of that particular list. 

On the Sparky suggestion, I think it would be pretty mental to move Boyle into a coaching role and replace him with another aging left back who has seen his best days, surely if any lessons were learned last year its that full back was a major issue.

Faz suggesting some of our two year deals may be on the move. I'd take a guess at messrs McKee and Lynch being at the top of that particular list. 
On the Sparky suggestion, I think it would be pretty mental to move Boyle into a coaching role and replace him with another aging left back who has seen his best days, surely if any lessons were learned last year its that full back was a major issue.

My money’s on Carswell. I think if he was allowed away, he’d be itching to go.

I see that Albion have released nathan Flannigan? There's a player there who knows the leagues well and tbh could be operating at a higher level than us...a good signing there if we had the savy to try get him early. only 25 too 

25 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Here's decision time for a lot of people - the season ticket renewal Social Media posts have just dropped.

1927709979_Screenshot_20220516-100756_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0ff28af090946bf8836f1170d65798e5.jpg

you would think they would have tried to encourage renewals with a bit of an early bird offer. 

The Young Sons Membership is a great idea, certainly with what it includes with matchday team announcements, playing at the stadium, etc etc

I don't know how many YOUNGSONS there are but dare I say this is an attempt to combat the potential drop in season ticket revenue from those attempting to withhold their funds.

Personally...I will still not be renewing