Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Gordon Buchanan is an absolute whopper. I mind him foaming at the mouth when Gregor was getting a bit of stick at Ochilview a few years ago.

Dinosaurs like that should just sit in the hoose.

I criticised Gregor on here a year or so ago and he messaged my mate asking what I do for a living 😄

Listening to the gaffers interview there…

Theres a bit of a difference between telling fans, one has double figures in the league for the last four seasons 

compared to todays…”I said it earlier this week…ally PROBABLY gets you double figure goals a season. He just scores goals” 

clearly he doesn’t because he hasn’t for the last 4 years 

32 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Listening to the gaffers interview there…

Theres a bit of a difference between telling fans, one has double figures in the league for the last four seasons 

compared to todays…”I said it earlier this week…ally PROBABLY gets you double figure goals a season. He just scores goals” 

clearly he doesn’t because he hasn’t for the last 4 years 

He’s been reading pie and bovril again, Love “is not a striker”.

He shouldn’t be reading here IMO,  can’t feel very nice. It is good that he is keen to communicate with the fans though, can’t fault him on that.

Edited by FifeSons

My hope is, regardless of whether the signings leave us overwhelmed, underwhelmed or just plain whelmed, getting a squad sorted early leads to them being coached all summer to work as a unit (particularly in defence).

Time will tell, but its surely better than us barely cobbling an 11 together in time for the first game, and continuing to add players at the last minute.

I wonder if Bonnyrigg will be League favourites. You’d imagine Forfar, Annan and East Fife will also fancy a title push.
A lot will depend on summer recruitment but don't think Bonnyrigg will be a Kelty or Cove (not that they won't fancy their chances).

I think it'll be a really open league next year and think every team bar maybe Albion Rovers will be targeting promotion.

6 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

A lot will depend on summer recruitment but don't think Bonnyrigg will be a Kelty or Cove (not that they won't fancy their chances).

I think it'll be a really open league next year and think every team bar maybe Albion Rovers will be targeting promotion.

I think you’re right on both points.

The latter gives me the absolute fear that we’ll be sucked into the trapdoor scrap. Our board seem like the kind of people who will be totally naive to that possibility.

Edited by FifeSons

28 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I wonder if Bonnyrigg will be League favourites. You’d imagine Forfar, Annan and East Fife will also fancy a title push.

Bonnyrigg really weren't up to much today at all and, although that's kind of understandable given they didn't have to get out of first gear, the profile of their squad simply doesn't equate to a serious tilt at promotion from L2. Extremely workmanlike, no pace, very much a team that plays off first and second balls. If they're to achieve anything more lofty than mediocrity next year it'll take at least a couple of smart additions, so I think it'll be a fairly open league next term. Forfar perhaps have the jump on the rest as things stand with Slater and others already contracted, but they really fell off a cliff in the second half of the season. Annan will lose their best man in Moxon - who's aeons ahead of the rest of their squad - and likely their big focal point up top too, so I can't see them being serious contenders. Stirling, if they maintain their level of spending, could well be in the mix and much will depend on East Fife's recruitment as they endure a significant squad turnover for the first time in some years.