Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

https://www.peterheadfc.org/2022/05/07/availability-of-russell-mclean-circulated-to-clubs/

McLean definitely a possible shout.

Tommy Muir also? Farrell signed him at Stranraer and he's just turned down a new contract there. I bet it’s him.

https://www.gallowaygazette.co.uk/sport/football/stranraer-boss-stevie-farrell-delighted-to-land-long-term-target-tommy-muir-3241599?amp

Aye, probably.

I'd like to think of us as the biggest club in L2 next season, but in reality all the clubs will be much of a muchness. Looking at that table, I'd reckon every set of fans would be eyeing the promotion playoffs. Its all a moot point anyway, while Farrell's here.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

He'll almost certainly be one of them.

I'd be quite happy with McLean, which means it probably won't be him.

Edited by FifeSons

I think we can 100% forget about signing Russell McLean. Did Peterhead not pay a fee for him last year? I’m assuming he’s being circulated to clubs instead of being released because they want to recoup some of that. 

Either way, a guy who scored 12 goals in League 1 last season isn’t signing for some minging League 2 outfit.

13 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

My money’s on Alan Trouten

He certainly didn't score double figures last season. 

We'll be signing at least 1 of the released players from Clyde and more than likely a bunch of League 2 jobbers, that should be our expectation levels. Guys like Hester and McLean wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire. 

39 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Russell McLean apparently going to QotS so I seriously doubt we could attract him. I reckon it's Tony Wallace and Alan Cook

I heard through the grapevine that Wallace is very interested in a move to us and has been for a couple of years now. 
He’s apparently on a two-year deal at Annan though.

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

Some absolute gems on bookface

We have a good base of a team to build on

I'm sure he'll get it right

A keeper and a striker and we're on our way

Absolute roasters. They haven't a clue. I worry how some manage through life unscathed 

Our supporters never fail to amaze me, some of them are genuinely the thickest folk I’ve ever come across. If you took the average IQ from folk posting on that Facebook group, experts would have to start a study on what’s in the water in this town to cause the birth of so many pig brained lunatics in the one area.

The lack of footballing knowledge amongst them is fairly frightening.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Our supporters never fail to amaze me, some of them are genuinely the thickest folk I’ve ever come across. If you took the average IQ from folk posting on that Facebook group, experts would have to start a study on what’s in the water in this town to cause the birth of so many pig brained lunatics in the one area.

Happy clapper brigade 

Tbf we do seem to have a disproportionately high % of our support with some form of learning difficulties - but I do agree that many come across as just fairly unintelligent.

5 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

It's not limited to Facebook, there was a roaster on here recently claiming that Wright was a better keeper than Ramsbottom 😨