Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

You won't need him when Goodwillie is signed up. Do you still have Bobby Jones signed up too..? 🙄

11 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Jones was released today

A guy who should be playing for Dumbarton Riverside or similar. Would struggle to get a game with the Sons supporters team. Utterly dreadful.

20 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

A guy who should be playing for Dumbarton Riverside or similar. Would struggle to get a game with the Sons supporters team. Utterly dreadful.

Didn't he join Dumbarton from a Stranraer team managed by Stevie Farrell ?  Stranger things and all that.

26 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Didn't he join Dumbarton from a Stranraer team managed by Stevie Farrell ?  Stranger things and all that.

It's an instant sacking offence if a manager signs big Bobby twice. First time round I accept you might think he has something about him but anyone who has watched him for a season knows he's mince. 

Faz saying on Facebook that our first two new signings will be announced on Saturday. A proven League Two player and a guy who has hit double figures across League One and Two for the last four years.

The first one could be anybody. And I'm struggling with the second. Dale Carrick has hit 13/9/11 in his past three seasons, but is under contract at Stirling Albion. Which is about as close I can find from current L2 players. So I've no idea who that is.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Faz saying on Facebook that our first two new signings will be announced on Saturday. A proven League Two player and a guy who has hit double figures across League One and Two for the last four years.

I’m expecting a Dale Carrick, Greig Spence type of signing based on Faz’s description. Kane Hester and Russell MacLean fit the description as well.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Tony Wallace in a sons shirt next season either.

8 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

I’m expecting a Dale Carrick, Greig Spence type of signing based on Faz’s description. Kane Hester and Russell MacLean fit the description as well.

Didn’t Elgin turn down a 6 figure sum for Hester at the start of the season? I really don’t have high expectations for our new signings if I’m being honest and I’d be astounded if we sign anyone near the level of Hester.

Seeing the man’s face just annoys me. 

dissapointed with the interview too, should have asked him “what would you say to some supporters who are currently suggesting with holding season ticket money until there is change at club” 

I would imagine he wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. P***k

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Didn’t Elgin turn down a 6 figure sum for Hester at the start of the season? I really don’t have high expectations for our new signings if I’m being honest and I’d be astounded if we sign anyone near the level of Hester.

Not sure on Hester to be honest. I know he’s been sought after in recent years and I think he’s on some sort of long-term deal there.

I don’t think we’ll be signing a player of that quality either, just throwing names out there of players who’ve scored double figures the last few seasons.

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

53 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The first one could be anybody. And I'm struggling with the second. Dale Carrick has hit 13/9/11 in his past three seasons, but is under contract at Stirling Albion. Which is about as close I can find from current L2 players. So I've no idea who that is.

'Double figures across League One and Two for the last four years' could equate to 12 goals in total, depending on the semantics.

Just now, Frank Quitely said:

'Double figures across League One and Two for the last four years' could equate to 12 goals in total, depending on the semantics.

Exactly what I was thinking. Cue our goalscorer being some jobber midfielder with a handful of goals over the last few seasons and our proven League 2 player being some backup player who’s spent the last few seasons warming a bench at that level.

1 hour ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Hester is under contract for next season and definitely not coming to us.

Edited by FifeSons

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Cue our goalscorer being some jobber midfielder with a handful of goals over the last few seasons and our proven League 2 player being some backup player who’s spent the last few seasons warming a bench at that level.

Almost certainly this.

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Seeing the man’s face just annoys me. 

dissapointed with the interview too, should have asked him “what would you say to some supporters who are currently suggesting with holding season ticket money until there is change at club” 

I would imagine he wouldn’t have a leg to stand on. P***k

He basically asked and answered that question himself. He absolutely respects that but its not in his character to walk away.

I don't really buy the bad luck chat about the individual errors and it not being possible to have another season like that.

Edited by FifeSons

Ben Armour has 'liked' the FB post. Maybe its him?

Strange he doesn't see Bonnyrigg as being the obvious strong team in the league.

Next season is going to be a car-crash. I reckon the start will be poor, with a few heavy defeats like the Edinburgh City game. If we can't afford to sack him now, though, I can't see that changing after a bad first quarter of next season.

He does talk a great game, tbf. There's a great American phrase "big hat, no cattle" that comes to mind.

Edited by FifeSons