Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Duthie's work rate was superb and he improved massively over his time with us. His end product is lacking 95% of the time, but I hope he gets himself a decent move and does well wherever he ends up. He never hid and showed plenty of fight. It was just a wee bit of quality that was lacking.

He'll probably end up playing against us this season.

19 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

The other massive issue we had this year was discipline…and seen as the three main culprits for that are still expected to be at the club (Carswell, McLean, Buchanan) then you would hope they’ll sort that out before next year. 

It’s one of my pet hates about Carsy especially when he’s captain 

I really hope we try move carswell on.  Our plummit down the leagues started when he came in.  Makes you sick to think we had a prime Agnew and Turner before he came in.

I actually think he performs better as a CB.

1 minute ago, Thommo90 said:

I really hope we try move carswell on.  Our plummit down the leagues started when he came in.  Makes you sick to think we had a prime Agnew and Turner before he came in.

I actually think he performs better as a CB.

If the rumours were true about him missing Thursday's training for Ibrox, he should be out the door.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I think it's harsh to judge Boyle's coaching before he even starts. He's had a decent career so he knows the game but he's played on too long imo. He's now 35 and hopefully he'll only be used on the park as an emergency back up similar to Jamie Ewings when he started coaching. Carswell has had Hutton, Wedderburn and Paton as partners in his time with us. I can't fathom why he's been consistently played without a creative midfielder by no less than three different managers. Baffling.

Harsh?

He should have been thanked for his efforts and moved on.

Why do we need another coach, is that 4 we have in the dugout now?

Farrell, McKeown, Boyle, Phillips.

Kalvin Orsi on a 2-year deal says it all too.

Tactical geniuses the lot.

14 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Makes you sick to think we had a prime Agnew and Turner before he came in.

Routledge, Jamie Lindsey, Stanton, Vaughan will never be beaten haha 

18 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Duthie's work rate was superb and he improved massively over his time with us. His end product is lacking 95% of the time, but I hope he gets himself a decent move and does well wherever he ends up. He never hid and showed plenty of fight. It was just a wee bit of quality that was lacking.

I think you just nailed it there Jan.

As regards Carswell, I feel he has now been here too long and it is showing both in attitude and performance.  His conduct at times has been poor for a club captain - I would opt next season for Ryan McGeever - and it's probably best for both parties if he moves on with our good wishes.  

My main concern is just how you sell the club to incoming players on a shoestring budget and a pitch that has become notorious. 

Harsh?

I do think it's harsh to criticise someone for their potential in a job they haven't even accepted never mind started. He might well be hopeless at it but we won't know until he gets going. The other point about whether we need another coach is valid and (likely) nothing to do with Boyle. That is down to Farrell and I've made my feelings clear on him.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

If the rumours were true about him missing Thursday's training for Ibrox, he should be out the door.

I seen the guy who was accusing him of it spoke to him on social media - Carswell denied.  He probably seen the allegations since some players on that facebook group where they all get slaughtered...

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Harsh?

Probably in the minority here but I don't mind Orsi coming back, especially in a lower league.  He at least showed some urgency on Saturday.

I noticed small things like getting the ball back to the shy taker/goalie for bye kicks when he was on the bench and warming up.  Other players (specifically McKee, and Ramsbottom) just sat on their lazy arses watching, they don't give a shit.  

The fact he was chucked a 2 year deal from the off is a bit wild though I agree.

Not arsed at all about Duthie leaving. He was another who got gradually worse as the season progressed, his end product in particular was absolutely horrendous. I actually thought he might stay with us given we gave him a chance after his 2 year ban when no one else would really touch him but it’s nae biggy. 

Him winning player of the year really does sum up how unbelievably shite we were all season. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, Silverton End said:
Harsh?

I do think it's harsh to criticise someone for their potential in a job they haven't even accepted never mind started. He might well be hopeless at it but we won't know until he gets going. The other point about whether we need another coach is valid and (likely) nothing to do with Boyle. That is down to Farrell and I've made my feelings clear on him.

How will we know if he’s good? 

I’d far rather he was gone tbh, even if he’s a great coach. I don’t want him near the team and if him staying as coach means he’ll play some games next season then get him tae f**k. 

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d far rather he was gone tbh, even if he’s a great coach. I don’t want him near the team and if him staying as coach means he’ll play some games next season then get him tae f**k. 

Yeah, the club are effectively rewarding failure here in Boyle's case.

I'd rather Boyle's wage was used to fund another signing.

Edited by Silverton End

2 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Probably in the minority here but I don't mind Orsi coming back, especially in a lower league.  He at least showed some urgency on Saturday.

I noticed small things like getting the ball back to the shy taker/goalie for bye kicks when he was on the bench and warming up.  Other players (specifically McKee, and Ramsbottom) just sat on their lazy arses watching, they don't give a shit.  

The fact he was chucked a 2 year deal from the off is a bit wild though I agree.

Agreed on Orsi. Has a bit of pace and urgency. A lower league may suit him. Up to the manager to get the best out of him though...

Duthie is rotten. Headless chicken. No loss. Sums up the season that he was deemed POTY.

Orsi's introduction on Saturday made us look far more urgent. He was involved in our goal and he had every right to shout at his teammates. Until that point absolutely nobody in a Dumbarton jersey was shouting and demanding more. He sometimes gets his dribbling wrong and his finishing isnt good, but he puts in as much of a shift as Duthie does. Duthie was rated higher by some fans, but I think Orsi sometimes gets an unfairly bad rep.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

What happens if we end up with nobody wanting to sign for us and no season tickets sold?

Players will always sign so wouldn’t worry too much about having no players it’s just the type of players who’ll sign any old deal to remain a footballer for one more year you need to watch out for.

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Players will always sign so wouldn’t worry too much about having no players it’s just the type of players who’ll sign any old deal to remain a footballer for one more year you need to watch out for.

Should I be worried about seeing Willo Flood in a local Gregg's this morning ?

By seeing players improve over the course of a season. To be clear, I wouldn't have offered him a playing deal of any sort but I've no problem with him being a coach. Of course, I might change my mind on that if he doesn't look like he's making a difference.