Sons' sorrow

I’ll be honest I don’t rate Muir either. I certainly wouldn’t have been keeping Boyle, even if he is mostly used as a coach (do we really need him as a coach?) but I think Boyle’s shiteness has enhanced Muir’s ability a bit amongst our support. I also remember guys like Boyle being brought in because they are winners and leaders and in reality they ended up being big fat losers. Guys like him were just another part of the problem. I found him quite annoying as well, arguing with supporters at the game, sly digs on Twitter. Not my cuppa.

I’d be more than happy to see young Muir prove me wrong FWIW, I wish him well and hope he can find somewhere where he plays regularly.

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think we're letting our anger get in the way of things here. I'd prefer Boyle was moved on as a player but if he was brought in as a coach last season I don't think many would've kicked up a fuss - he is experienced and if he's got the people skills for coaching I don't have much of a problem with it. It's a bigger issue if we're planning on keeping Boyle as the starting left back. 

No anger at all. His attitude is honking and to be honest I just don't like his wee rodent face. 

I just can't work up any enthusiasm over the squad building while Farrell is still here. That said, there's not many of the existing squad I would've been happy to see stay on. 

Of the nine, I'd probably only keep MacLean, McKee and Wilson (though I fear Farrell has completely ruined the last two). I imagine Carswell and Buchanan will be on hefty wages for L2. Possibly also McGeever, which is particularly concerning given I'm not sure we'll see him kick a ball again?

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

"Paddy you've not had the best season, in fact you'be been shite......how'd you fancy teaching others to be shite next season?"

"Thanks gaffer"

‘Right, tonight lads we’re going to be working on losing your man, failing to stop crosses and looking like you’re towing a caravan, ok’

1 minute ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

‘Right, tonight lads we’re going to be working on losing your man, failing to stop crosses and looking like you’re towing a caravan, ok’

Is Farrell admitting he needs help in the dugout? 

It's just papering over the cracks, we could sign Kieran Tierney and Nathan Patterson and Farrell would play them up front.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm told Paton is fluttering his eyelashes at Dunfermline, so wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. Ultimately he'd have been on good money and whilst I think he could've been useful we haven't been able to get the best of him. We don't need him in League 2. Not fussed about any of those leaving really, was hoping a few more would follow. 

Would be interested to know if those 2 year deals are now accepting a relegation wage cut or if we basically now need to cobble together the rest on peanuts. Either way, there's a few of those 2 year deals who I can't imagine will be happy warming the bench next year, Lynch and McKee for starters. It's actually laughable how bad our midfield is when we know how good McKee can be. Perhaps Faz can phone Duffy and ask him how to get the best of him because he's failed so far. 

Please let him go there.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I defended Paton for most of the season but as the season went on I thought he got worse. I’m glad to see the back of him. If Carswell is staying I’ll be hoping we pair him with someone a bit more creative. The Paton and Carswell partnership was scarily similar to the Carswell and Hutton partnership we had to endure for far too long. 

If Paton manages to bag himself a gig at the Pars I’ll be absolutely astounded.

I'd have to be inclined to agree but recalling that Jaime Wilson managed to get a contract at Falkirk makes me think anything's possible.

There's some players in that retained list who could be reasonable in League 2 but this season was such a collective misery and failure that we could really have done with moving most of them on. And then of course there's the lack of any confidence in Farrell getting a tune out of them, with what little skilful players we have reduced to bench warming. There's no mental strength in our squad either, we're brittle as f**k.

Even those on 2 year contracts I'd hope that Faz has said to most of them that they are free to find other clubs. Wilson should be 1st name on the teamsheet for next season and build it around him. Not that I trust Farrell to do anything tbh. Paton away is great news. Carswell can follow. 2 big problems right there.

Delighted to see the back of Paton. p***k and shite.

No surprises in the released list. Not sure I've seen enough application from Oyinsan to merit a new deal. Syvertsen would need to prove his fitness first, for me.

Having a number of the squad already retained is a double edged sword. On one hand it's less rebuilding and settling etc. On the other, it's hard to break the losing habit. Plenty of teams have gone down and down again, or at least down and stayed down.

Boyle player/coach [emoji23]
Says it all really.

"Paddy you've not had the best season, in fact you'be been shite......how'd you fancy teaching others to be shite next season?"
"Thanks gaffer"

I think it's harsh to judge Boyle's coaching before he even starts. He's had a decent career so he knows the game but he's played on too long imo. He's now 35 and hopefully he'll only be used on the park as an emergency back up similar to Jamie Ewings when he started coaching.
I defended Paton for most of the season but as the season went on I thought he got worse. I’m glad to see the back of him. If Carswell is staying I’ll be hoping we pair him with someone a bit more creative. The Paton and Carswell partnership was scarily similar to the Carswell and Hutton partnership we had to endure for far too long. 
If Paton manages to bag himself a gig at the Pars I’ll be absolutely astounded.
Carswell has had Hutton, Wedderburn and Paton as partners in his time with us. I can't fathom why he's been consistently played without a creative midfielder by no less than three different managers. Baffling.

The other massive issue we had this year was discipline…and seen as the three main culprits for that are still expected to be at the club (Carswell, McLean, Buchanan) then you would hope they’ll sort that out before next year. 

It’s one of my pet hates about Carsy especially when he’s captain 

Duthie's work rate was superb and he improved massively over his time with us. His end product is lacking 95% of the time, but I hope he gets himself a decent move and does well wherever he ends up. He never hid and showed plenty of fight. It was just a wee bit of quality that was lacking.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

Duthie away.

Not devastated, but wouldn’t be surprised if everyone offered a deal turns it down. Who would want to play for Farrell.

Somebody said in our thread that we’d offered him a deal.

To be fair Duthie aye wasn't great but he gave the lot, half of the squad trotted about like they didn't give a shit.  Shouldn't have been close to POTY either.

I'd have taken him back for league 2 but equally not arsed he has moved on.