Sons' sorrow

I can't stand Orsi. He's not the worst player but he's constantly moaning at others for his mistakes. 

Carswell, should be a stand out player league 2 but he's not delivered consistently enough for a couple of years. 

I'd be quite happy to keep Wilson, and McGeever. The rest can go.

Sam, Eoghan Stokes, Stephen Bronsky, Paul Paton, Sam Muir and Paddy O'Neil all away. Joined  by Mark Lamont and David Hopkirk who weren't really here anyway.

Paddy Boyle offered a player/coach deal, Conner Duthie offered a new deal and George Stanger offered a permanent deal. Syvertsen and Oyinsan couldn't make it last night, so their future is still to be discussed. Personally I'd be very tempted to keep Syvertsen after his showings towards the end of the season, but Faz will need to have a long chat with the physio on that. Not overly fussed either way on Josh.

I probably would've kept Sam Muir for League Two, and possibly Paul Paton. Although he was injury prone and isn't getting any younger. Aside from that no real surprises there.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5327

Why the hell is Lynch on a two year deal? 

Looking at that list gives me the fear. We could be looking at having 12 players here next year who took us down and lost 5-2 on aggregate to the team who finished 4th in the league we will be competing in. Of the 9 on 2 year deals, 4 of them have spent most of the season warming the bench under Farrell or been completely frozen out of the starting 11 by him.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Sam, Eoghan Stokes, Stephen Bronsky, Paul Paton, Sam Muir and Paddy O'Neil all away. Joined  by Mark Lamont and David Hopkirk who weren't really here anyway.

Paddy Boyle offered a player/coach deal, Conner Duthie offered a new deal and George Stanger offered a permanent deal. Syvertsen and Oyinsan couldn't make it last night, so their future is still to be discussed. Personally I'd be very tempted to keep Syvertsen after his showings towards the end of the season, but Faz will need to have a long chat with the physio on that. Not overly fussed either way on Josh.

I probably would've kept Sam Muir for League Two, and possibly Paul Paton. Although he was injury prone and isn't getting any younger. Aside from that no real surprises there.

I'd echo your thoughts Jan, but of course we don't know whether the conversations were one way - it may be that young Sam didn't fancy warming his backside in League Two and perhaps Paul Paton decided to move on.  We simply don't know.

As regards Norway, perhaps keep but on the understanding that he needs a physical sidekick up front, and whilst he is literally a big character I think a negative call needs to be made on Josh being that guy.

Ainslie Park excepted, Stanger has shown good potential, and I'd really like to see us with Carlo back on loan if possible.  And I wouldn't be at all surprised if that list of players on two-year deals shrinks by a couple of names 😉

Enthusiasm remains firmly on hold for now.

21 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Can’t express my delight enough at Paton being away, he was an absolute passenger for most of the season. Like everyone was but imo he didn’t deserve the starting spot he got for pretty much the whole season

Would let Duthie Go. Would keep Syvertsen and stanger

I'm told Paton is fluttering his eyelashes at Dunfermline, so wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. Ultimately he'd have been on good money and whilst I think he could've been useful we haven't been able to get the best of him. We don't need him in League 2. Not fussed about any of those leaving really, was hoping a few more would follow. 

Would be interested to know if those 2 year deals are now accepting a relegation wage cut or if we basically now need to cobble together the rest on peanuts. Either way, there's a few of those 2 year deals who I can't imagine will be happy warming the bench next year, Lynch and McKee for starters. It's actually laughable how bad our midfield is when we know how good McKee can be. Perhaps Faz can phone Duffy and ask him how to get the best of him because he's failed so far. 

I also think it’s a shame about Hopkirk because he looked quite sharp in the early stages of the season, dare I say he would have been a decent goal threat in league 1 and certainly in League 2

Potentially keeping 11 of a squad who got us relegated and looked like they weren't playing for the manager - absolutely grim.

Boyle is a bit of a banger, and completely done as a player - so offering him a player/coach deal is 100% the Dumbarton way of things now.

4 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Boyle player/coach 😂

Says it all really.

I'm hoping the idea is he spends more time on the sidelines helping a younger, better left back get on in the game. It's a bit strange of Faz to try and keep a defence together that conceded 76 goals across 38 games this year but we're told he's learned lessons!

I defended Paton for most of the season but as the season went on I thought he got worse. I’m glad to see the back of him. If Carswell is staying I’ll be hoping we pair him with someone a bit more creative. The Paton and Carswell partnership was scarily similar to the Carswell and Hutton partnership we had to endure for far too long. 

If Paton manages to bag himself a gig at the Pars I’ll be absolutely astounded.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm hoping the idea is he spends more time on the sidelines helping a younger, better left back get on in the game. It's a bit strange of Faz to try and keep a defence together that conceded 76 goals across 38 games this year but we're told he's learned lessons!

I wouldn't trust that roaster to nurture a younger left back. 

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

I wouldn't trust that roaster to nurture a younger left back. 

I think we're letting our anger get in the way of things here. I'd prefer Boyle was moved on as a player but if he was brought in as a coach last season I don't think many would've kicked up a fuss - he is experienced and if he's got the people skills for coaching I don't have much of a problem with it. It's a bigger issue if we're planning on keeping Boyle as the starting left back. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

"Paddy you've not had the best season, in fact you'be been shite......how'd you fancy teaching others to be shite next season?"

"Thanks gaffer"

I've always thought Paddy would make a pretty decent coach to be fair. I've watched him quite closely in recent weeks too and it looked fairly obvious he was being gently nudged into that role. He's a good guy and I reckon he'd be quite popular with players. Although his legs were clearly gone as a full-back he also looked pretty decent as a centre-half too I thought. I'm not averse to having him as a back up CB and coach.

I'd be chuffed if we could sign Stanger permanently. Although how we fit him, McGeever and Buchanan into a team I don't know. Personally I'd be keen to see him and McGeever together, but with Bucky tied down for next season I can't see him going anywhere.