Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I actually think a lot of the time he wasn’t even braced or expecting the shot which of course is a criticism of him, especially when it happens over and over again, but it’s also probably a symptom of him not being used to having complete donkeys infront of him. 

I’d have him over Ramsbottom every day of the week.

but it’s also probably a symptom of him not being used to having complete donkeys infront of him. 

Arguably he should have got used to that after a few games.

I’d have him over Ramsbottom every day of the week.

Indeed.

Ramsbottom was probably the better shot stopper. Wright made fewer mistakes and was more confident at crosses. Sam was always good for at least a couple of scary mistakes in every game. He'd misjudge a cross. He would be slow coming off his line. He'd be too quick coming off his line. He'd hit the ball off his own defender. 

Neither were really good enough, but Wright was better than Ramsbottom overall.

Just sent this to the club office email account.

I am emailing today about the present state of the club.
I have been a Dumbarton supporter for over 50 years (albeit long-distance for the most part as I have lived in Fife for at least 30 of those) but have never felt so much despair at its prospects - not even when we went over a year without a win; not even when we finished dead last in the bottom Division of the Scottish Football League.
I have no confidence in the present owners, no confidence in the board and no confidence in the present management of the playing side and I see no hope of improvement in the short term. As things stand any chance or promotion next season is a pipe-dream and there is the real prospect of being relegated from the SPFL altogether - a situation from which the club would not recover for a long time, if ever.
I am sure I am far from the only Sons supporter who has these feelings.  Many will be so disillusioned that they will cease to support the club - either via season ticket non-renewal or not turning up at the gate - until these matters change: and perhaps not even then.
In the hope that it may lead to a concentration of minds to avert a real threat to the club's existence I would ask that you please convey these thoughts and fears to the board.

Yours in sadness,

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You've had three statements already following your relegation - we've heard absolutely feck all in 72 hours.

Lucky b*****ds.

yeah its been pretty descent of them to keep us in the loop 

Hopefully we’ll find out tonight or tomorrow who’s all leaving, I’d imagine the players have been spoken to if Ramsbottom has confirmed he’s offski. I’d genuinely be quite happy to see everyone go bar wee Wilson. I’m hoping some/all of the 2 year deal mob decide they want to leave.

1 minute ago, CM. said:

Hearing we're signing Connor Duthie

Hope so, hes hopeless infront of goal...Runs about a lot but not worth the wage imo. He certainly wasnt POTY worthy so dont let that fool you either 

2 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Hope so, hes hopeless infront of goal...Runs about a lot but not worth the wage imo. He certainly wasnt POTY worthy so dont let that fool you either 

Didn't even know he was your POTY so news to me. Can't say I know much about him but being able to run is at least an improvement on our last outfield signing from you!

1 minute ago, CM. said:

Didn't even know he was your POTY so news to me. Can't say I know much about him but being able to run is at least an improvement on our last outfield signing from you!

he must have been uninspiring cause i don't even remember who it was lol 

34 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hopefully we’ll find out tonight or tomorrow who’s all leaving, I’d imagine the players have been spoken to if Ramsbottom has confirmed he’s offski. I’d genuinely be quite happy to see everyone go bar wee Wilson. I’m hoping some/all of the 2 year deal mob decide they want to leave.

Who were the ones on 2 year deals? I think someone said there’s 9 of them. Wilson, Wylde, Bonsky and maybe McGeever are the only ones that spring to mind?

Cant imagine Farrell is going to have much of a budget from initial season ticket sales.

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Who were the ones on 2 year deals? I think someone said there’s 9 of them. Wilson, Wylde, Bonsky and maybe McGeever are the only ones that spring to mind?

Cant imagine Farrell is going to have much of a budget from initial season ticket sales.

Wilson, Wylde, McGeever, Orsi, MacLean, McKee and Buchanan are the only ones I can think of. Bronsky only signed until the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wilson, Wylde, McGeever, Orsi, MacLean, McKee and Buchanan are the only ones I can think of. Bronsky only signed until the end of the season. 

McGeever also got an extension last season having spoke to him at hospitality. So he is signed for season 22/23 and 23/24