Sons' sorrow

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The more I read that statement from Mackay the more insulting I find it. 

The trust rep on the board gives me the absolute fear as well. Now that the chairman has nailed his colours to the mast regarding the ownership situation we really need someone in there who is willing to stand up against everyone else and quite literally be the only opposition in the room. I don’t think for a minute she will do that. I have plenty of other concerns about her as well but that’s now my main one. 

We need shot of Neil Mackay urgently. The owners may be dangerous but having a man in charge who drinks in their pish like soup could genuinely be the death of us. I’d prioritise getting shot of Mackay over Farrell and I think supporters should very seriously consider making their voices heard. I will be emailing the club. I would avoid going through the Trust rep, if you somehow have a contact for her.

What would be the email address to use - the office?  I will also send one.

The bold Richard Feasby saying on the facebook post we will get behind Farrell and the players... had to double take at it.

The guy is going to pass out one day with the amount he screams at the players.  KAAMMONNNNNN, PASS THE BAW

That latest statement is a joke!

"we are slightly better positioned than in many previous seasons"

In what fucking world are we in a better position than previous years? We just got relegated due to a manager who showed no understanding on how to form a functioning football team both in defence and attack. We have a bunch of players on 2 year contracts that haven't been good enough and somehow we are in a better position??

This board are somehow more deluded that the absolute disgrace of our manager Stevie Farrell.

4 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

So, are we to assume that Farrdiola is remaining in place ?

Judging by that statement on the club website it seems we now have an answer - all that is missing is a sponsorship deal with P & O Ferries.

I'm assuming this is all to do with money, or the lack of it, surely to f**k it's not a football decision ?

Just now, Frank Quitely said:

Judging by that statement on the club website it seems we now have an answer - all that is missing is a sponsorship deal with P & O Ferries.

I'm assuming this is all to do with money, or the lack of it, surely to f**k it's not a football decision ?

The club seem to think they'll be able to budget for winning the league next season. If that's the case, it might be a better football and financial decision to budget for 4th instead and let someone competent take care of recruitment and coaching. 

Three statements over 2 days in which basically all we've been told is that the manager is staying. It's a good laugh this shit eh. 

the "forever optimist" told us after last Tuesday's debacle that it was only half time in the tie. At half time in his contract what evidence do we have that the second half performance result will be any better than what we saw on Saturday? How can a manager take full resposibility and consistently blame defeats on players making "individual errors". I will continue to support my club until the end but I have so little confidence in seeing an improvement with the current set up. Neither the board nor the manager fill me with confidence.

I don;t know if the trust still has access to the official website host, but if so then the best thing that could be done is to change the password to stop the club uploading any more statements. If they dig any further then they'll hit the bottom of the filled in dock.

6 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

Excuse my ignorance if it's just me but what do we know about our Director Mr Colin Piechniczek?  Why is there no photograph or biography on the website with the other board members?

All that can be found of him is his linkedin profile. I don't have linkedin so can't read his spiel but he's met Craig Brown so must be a good football man.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/colpie

Thanks Moonster. Just read Linkedin. Sure love to see some kind of reassurance from him on the Sons' website that tells us about his long term commitment Dumbarton FC and a description of what he's bringing to the table. Surely that is the minimum we should expect.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All that can be found of him is his linkedin profile. I don't have linkedin so can't read his spiel but he's met Craig Brown so must be a good football man.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/colpie

5 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

Thanks Moonster. Just read Linkedin. Sure love to see some kind of reassurance from him on the Sons' website that tells us about his long term commitment Dumbarton FC and a description of what he's bringing to the table. Surely that is the minimum we should expect.

I would set my expectations at zero when it comes to DFC currently. Even the minimum can’t be achieved.

10 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

At the trust AGM we were informed Colin and his football agent friend were brought in to identify targets, they haven't brought any investment. I believe they were behind the deal for the Belgian bloke that fell through but I'm guessing at that really. As BBPF says, I'd expect more of the same.