Sons' sorrow

9 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Oh, they’ve finally acknowledged we’ve been relegated. Someone’s been reading P&B. 

No, they've said 

we will play the 2022-2023 season in SPFL League 2

Which makes it sound more like something we chose.  Still no mention of the word relegation.

A lot of anger on here which is hardly surprising. But football at our level is cyclical. Let’s face it in the thirteen years since we won the fourth tier we have been punching above our weight for a lot of that time. For perspective we spent eight of the thirteen years before that in the fourth tier. Relegation is just part of the game for a team at our level

18 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

A lot of anger on here which is hardly surprising. But football at our level is cyclical. Let’s face it in the thirteen years since we won the fourth tier we have been punching above our weight for a lot of that time. For perspective we spent eight of the thirteen years before that in the fourth tier. Relegation is just part of the game for a team at our level

It's not the fact we've been relegated, anyone older than 8 years old will probably remember us being relegated before, it's the manner of the relegation and shape of the club that is angering people. The cycle has also never included regional football before, something we are now in real danger of such is the rudderless nature of our ship. I'd also like these stupid fucking "lets move the club to Broadwood" rumours to be put to bed once and for all. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's not the fact we've been relegated, anyone older than 8 years old will probably remember us being relegated before, it's the manner of the relegation and shape of the club that is angering people. The cycle has also never included regional football before, something we are now in real danger of such is the rudderless nature of our ship. I'd also like these stupid fucking "lets move the club to Broadwood" rumours to be put to bed once and for all. 

We could be playing on Dumbarton Common within 5 years.

20 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

We could be playing on Dumbarton Common within 5 years.

Aye, as a phoenix club.

Whatever happens I’m anticipating it being a long, long time before a club with ‘Dumbarton’ in the name plays League 1 football.

38 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I agree. No disrespect to Edinburgh City but I imagine they’re surprised how easy it was to beat us. Hammered by the team that finished 4th in the league below and had a couple of teams hot on their tails in 5th and 6th place. 

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Where did you see that on the club website, I can't seem to find it ?

9 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Surely there’s grounds to sack the guy if he’s failed to deliver his objectives for the job?! 

I wouldn’t keep my job or get severance pay if u fucked up my job targets in the given time

That's not how football contracts work. It's been explained a thousand times across hundreds of threads.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's not how football contracts work. It's been explained a thousand times across hundreds of threads.

Its not how any employment contracts work.

The only way you can sack somebody without giving them notice and either making them work it or paying them not to is for gross misconduct. Anything else then it;s contractual notice or payment in lieu as a minimum.

And given that Farrell is a senior full time trade union official, he'll know that very well.

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Its not how any employment contracts work.

The only way you can sack somebody without giving them notice and either making them work it or paying them not to is for gross misconduct. Anything else then it;s contractual notice or payment in lieu as a minimum.

And given that Farrell is a senior full time trade union official, he'll know that very well.

I agree, but particularly in football, when no support that a struggling employee should be offered in a normal job is given, the only way out is to pay the contract.

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Club statement klaxon.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5323

A lot if it would feature in the Crap Business Speak thread in GN, right enough.

No mention of sacking Farrell. 

"We have replaced our ageing floodlights"

"Our owners have ambitious plans"

Just now, the snudge said:

Mackay has to go if he's taking this pish in. 

Just about to post the same. Alarm bells ringing.

I appreciate the off-field work the board claim they are doing - but it means f*ck all if we’ve got a manager and squad in place that lose every week. We’re sleepwalking towards the Lowland League because our board don’t give a monkeys about what’s happening on the park.

So we've got new floodlights and we can now track exactly how shite our players are through GPS vests. Thanks for that long winded pile of absolute shite and confirming you're not fit for the position you hold, Neil. You can stick that "collective responsibility" shite so far up your arse as well. You let this happen, not the fans. 

GPS vests?  Maybe the fans can get them too. That will show the board where we are on match days. What a way to spend our meagre resources. I am gob-smacked.

I would love to see the business case for that decision.

Edited by Hope Springs

"We depend on volunteers". Maybe stop chasing them away from the club then.

"We rely on sponsorship". Maybe don't knock back guaranteed sponsorship money from a trusted source then.

"We look to grow our community involvement". Again, the aforementioned trusted sponsor had done far more for our community involvement than anyone previous to them, maybe don't tell them their time and money isn't required. 

"We've got to run a tight budget". What the f**k we doing with 2 kitmen then? 

Where's that "f**k off, and when you get to f**k you can f**k off from there too" meme?

Edited by The Moonster