Sons' sorrow

Last year I bought a Clydebank season ticket and sponsored a player at Vale of Leven. Just because I wanted to keep some £ in West Dunbartonshire lower league football clubs in times when fans were locked out. Ultimately, come hell, high water, relegation or land prospectors, the idea of a football club cannot be killed. As the Clydebank FC fans have ably demonstrated, a football club is simply a badge, a group of fit posers and a dream. Remember that Dumbarton FC did not originate from the formation of the Earth's crust, nor did they always play under the shadow of the castle.

There is another way here.  The Dumbarton Board now meets and discusses the relegation and the fallout.  Assuming they are not blind to the situation, that will involve working out what it would cost to financially draw a line under the Farrell management.  If the budget can afford it they press the button, if it doesn't then they grow a pair and press buttons on a phone to the owners requesting an injection of capital.

Do I think this will happen ?  Naw.

The club don’t even have the balls to acknowledge the fact we’ve been relegated on social media, I think that pretty much sums us up right now. Infact on the Facebook page they haven’t even mentioned today’s game or the result but fired up the images from the game that we are all so desperate to see. They are so out of touch with reality.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The club don’t even have the balls to acknowledge the fact we’ve been relegated on social media, I think that pretty much sums us up right now. Infact on the Facebook page they haven’t even mentioned today’s game or the result but fired up the images from the game that we are all so desperate to see. They are so out of touch with reality.

Maybe they’re also ‘eternal optimists’ and don’t actually believe we’ve been relegated.

Next post will probably be how Supreme Leader Stevie Farrell shot a hole in one 18 times in one round.

Edited by FifeSons

The way I see it we are operating under two entities. The playing side and the dodgy land grab side. They will eventually clash and something will have to give but for now the operating system (the board) of the playing side have to be seen to be doing something productive to get the fans on side. Sacking Farrell would be a great start. If they don't sack him they need binned too. The trust need to come out and say that this is not good enough. Fans need to contact the club and tell them they will withhold money if Farrell does not go. 

Maybe they’re also ‘eternal optimists’ and don’t actually believe we’ve been relegated.
Next post will probably be how Supreme Leader Stevie Farrell shot a hole in one 18 times in one round.
He did exactly that yesterday.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Farrell_(footballer)#Personal_lifeb55ebb7cd2505f7c49de0a1c062c799b.jpg

32 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That would have me absolutely raging. What a farce

16 minutes ago, the snudge said:

The way I see it we are operating under two entities. The playing side and the dodgy land grab side. They will eventually clash and something will have to give but for now the operating system (the board) of the playing side have to be seen to be doing something productive to get the fans on side. Sacking Farrell would be a great start. If they don't sack him they need binned too. The trust need to come out and say that this is not good enough. Fans need to contact the club and tell them they will withhold money if Farrell does not go. 

I think there should be a heavily worded statement from the trust to outline exaclty how we, as fans, are feeling. I'd be asking for the trust rep on the board for answers. Not that I expect any to be forthcoming. 

I’m really sorry to hear Dumbarton are relegated. My heart goes out to the Sons.

On a more selfish note, me and my pal were planning the ultimate train journey to the Rock, which to us from Montrose looks exotic! That journey would involve a two day trip to get to know the town and many drams. I hope you’re back in league 1 next season, so we can get our journey.👍

Surely there’s grounds to sack the guy if he’s failed to deliver his objectives for the job?! 

I wouldn’t keep my job or get severance pay if u fucked up my job targets in the given time