Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Someone claiming on Facebook that Carswell patched training on Thursday night to go to Ibrox. I’ve nae idea if it’s true or not but if it is I hope he’s the 3rd one out the door after Farrell and Phillips.

If that's true he shouldn't even be on the bench today, he should be told where to fucking go. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If that's true he shouldn't even be on the bench today, he should be told where to fucking go. 

This exactly.

Is there anything the fans can do to force Farrell out? Can the trust do anything? He can’t be allowed to continue.

I’m gutted but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t see this coming. There’s been an inevitability about us ending up in league 2 for a few years now.

Farrell needs to go. I don’t have the slightest bit of faith that anyone on that board is capable of pulling the trigger though.

As an aside, I can only hope the guys on 2-year deals have clauses in their contracts for relegation… if not we could be stuck with a bunch of diddies on (what I imagine will be) decent league 1 level wages.

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

6 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Just out of curiosity how did the fans treat the manager and players at full time?

Happy clapping from the usual suspects?

Yep, clapping like we had done well. Pathetic really. 

Confirmed what I said away back when that clown signed as manager and the circus act behind him .  He sunk Stranraer and now us   .  Forever known as the 'torpedo ' . Stevie laughable better be gone soon before were a JNR team. Sad to say it but I won't be renewing my ticket next season either, I won't be back until that management is gone .   

I remember the vitriol directed at Murray by the St Mirren fans. I’d not enjoy seeing us sink to that level, but is that the sort of fan behaviour that’s required to force him out? Are we just too nice?

8 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Tough luck Sons fans, hope things improve across the board for you and sharpish. Things looking really bleak for you through the dealings of shady arseholes; never nice to see a diddy wee club like my own being strangled by such characters.

Has your account been hacked? Going by here, and Twitter, you Clyde fans are supposed to be getting it right up us tonight.

But thanks 👍

13 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I remember the vitriol directed at Murray by the St Mirren fans. I’d not enjoy seeing us sink to that level, but is that the sort of fan behaviour that’s required to force him out? Are we just too nice?

Yeah, we absolutely SHOULD be voicing our unhappiness, but unfortunately the default position with the Trust (as BSF will no doubt quote me and others to stress again) seems to be support the team, pay your money. 

Many of our fans will simply follow that lead, as they don't like controversy, standing up to be counted, loud noises etc.

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Has your account been hacked? Going by here, and Twitter, you Clyde fans are supposed to be getting it right up us tonight.

But thanks 👍

I mean on a purely sporting level it'd normally be a GIRFUY job from me for any relegated team, but it's hard not to be sympathetic when Dumbarton are teetering through no real fault of their own. A flimsy relegation into the bottom tier is usually a daunting enough prospect post-pyramid without a bunch of shysters in the background trying to shaft a club out of key income streams and its home. 

Yes I'm not quite sure why Clyde want us relegated, they'll have a far tougher task finishing above Annan or Edinburgh City, two clubs who will be on the up with plenty backing, opposed to ours which is limping out of existence. But then again its probably the same fans who bullied their board into resigning a rapist, costing them a shitload of money and their home stadium so perhaps I'm expecting too much from them. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Yes I'm not quite sure why Clyde want us relegated, they'll have a far tougher task finishing above Annan or Edinburgh City, two clubs who will be on the up with plenty backing, opposed to ours which is limping out of existence. But then again its probably the same fans who bullied their board into resigning a rapist, costing them a shitload of money and their home stadium so perhaps I'm expecting too much from them. 

I disagree. I think Annan or Edinburgh will be as equally shite as Dumbarton in League One.

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Yeah, we absolutely SHOULD be voicing our unhappiness, but unfortunately the default position with the Trust (as BSF will no doubt quote me and others to stress again) seems to be support the team, pay your money. 

Many of our fans will simply follow that lead, as they don't like controversy, standing up to be counted, loud noises etc.

“Farrell is the symptom, not the cause”.

Which is true, tbf, but doesn’t mean he doesn’t have to go immediately.

I was still in favour of buying season tickets, but I think something aggressive and drastic has to happen now. We’ve managed to sleepwalk our way into L2 and it’ll be the Lowland very soon, unless there’s drastic changes.

1 minute ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I disagree. I think Annan or Edinburgh will be as equally shite as Dumbarton in League One.

Fair enough, Edinburgh look quite a bit better than us already so not sure what gives you that confidence but we're all entitled to our opinions. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fair enough, Edinburgh look quite a bit better than us already so not sure what gives you that confidence but we're all entitled to our opinions. 

I don’t think there’s much between the bottom three of four in league one and the top three of four in league two tbh. We struggled past Stranraer in the cup last July and they weren’t one of the best teams in that league this season.

if it was us playing Edinburgh today we would absolutely be down as well, though. There’s no chance Rob Jones would’ve scored enough to keep us up…

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I wonder if we’ll get any kind of statement from the Chairman? Have we even heard a peep out of him since he took the role?

The whole vibe from the top of the club is that they just can’t be arsed and don’t give a f**k.