Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Unfortunately the only thing that'll achieve is making a certain Norwegian and a son of Ormskirk very happy.

You might be overthinking that.  Most fans don't do the political stuff but they might have a view on paying for continued mediocrity, especially in a lower division.

12 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

You might be overthinking that.  Most fans don't do the political stuff but they might have a view on paying for continued mediocrity, especially in a lower division.

Our owners don't care and our club board aren't showing that they're capable. All fans voting with their wallets achieves is making the local situation even tougher. I get that folk don't want to watch the absolute garbage we've seen this season. I certainly don't. Unfortunately we're in a pretty dire position. We've got a board of directors who don't appear to have any idea how to change things and owners who have plans for us that don't actually involve the football club. Most fans might not do the political stuff, but that has to change. Fans need to do the political stuff because right now we have a club board who appear to be winging it and owners who are not interested in helping.

The owners will kill this club whether I buy a season ticket or not. Is the plan for fans really just keep putting enough money in to keep us alive and hope we get the club back when these dicks get fed up? 

Fans need to organise some sort of plan or future buyout that fans can get behind, simply asking them to fork out for the team on the park that has failed for 4 seasons now won't work.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The owners will kill this club whether I buy a season ticket or not. Is the plan for fans really just keep putting enough money in to keep us alive and hope we get the club back when these dicks get fed up? 

Fans need to organise some sort of plan or future buyout that fans can get behind, simply asking them to fork out for the team on the park that has failed for 4 seasons now won't work.

There will come a point in time where the future of the club will be decided.

My concern right now would be in trying to make sure that there's still a club to decide about.

29 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

There will come a point in time where the future of the club will be decided.

My concern right now would be in trying to make sure that there's still a club to decide about.

When that point comes I'll put money towards it. 

This board knocked back guaranteed local sponsorship, perhaps if they were competent then me and a few others not renewing season tickets wouldn't bring on the collapse of the club. It should be clear that if anything happens to the club the fault lies with owners and board members, not on fans voting with their feet.

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

When that point comes I'll put money towards it. 

This board knocked back guaranteed local sponsorship, perhaps if they were competent then me and a few others not renewing season tickets wouldn't bring on the collapse of the club. It should be clear that if anything happens to the club the fault lies with owners and board members, not on fans voting with their feet.

Mention of sponsorship is interesting.  The outstanding £35k would equate to a few season tickets, no ?

Just now, Frank Quitely said:

Mention of sponsorship is interesting.  The outstanding £35k would equate to a few season tickets, no ?

Correct. A sponsorship deal the board should never have agreed to, and I would hope they are looking at legal action. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Correct. A sponsorship deal the board should never have agreed to, and I would hope they are looking at legal action. 

That would be on the assumption the deal was properly drawn up. Given the level of competence they’ve shown so far I would have doubts this has been done.

That would be on the assumption the deal was properly drawn up. Given the level of competence they’ve shown so far I would have doubts this has been done.

To be fair when the actual owners come along with an offer of sponsorship it might be hard for the place holders on the board to turn it down. Who knows how much autonomy the board actually have

1 hour ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

The trust rep stated at the AGM they'd signed an agreement.

Just now, Johnny Red said:

Doubt it, did she show you it? Even if there is an agreement, you’re dealing with shysters.

No she didn't, and I accept she may have said they signed an agreement to divert egg from her face, but that's what was stated.

Relegation confirmed. Eagerly awaiting the "buy your season tickets now" email so I can tell them to ram it up their arse. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Someone claiming on Facebook that Carswell patched training on Thursday night to go to Ibrox. I’ve nae idea if it’s true or not but if it is I hope he’s the 3rd one out the door after Farrell and Phillips.

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if he did. The hard work of  being relegated was already accomplished. For what it's worth, I hope every single one of them goes.