Sons' sorrow

12 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Carswell McKee and Wilson would be better imo 

I just think a change of scenary might suit Carswell and DFC. He's spent 5 years here and he's not getting any better, if anything he's getting worse and for me he isn't a captain. Much like the situation when Kyle Hutton was here I don't think we need both, Paton has been the better player this season for me. 

19 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I’m sorry but keeping Paton over carswell is a bizarre decision? So is binning Buchanan. 

My issue with Carswell is the fact he’s the captain and ‘leader’ of a team who’s gone from Championship underdogs to league 1 jobbers. He’s also wildly inconsistent - if we got him at his best every week I’d have no issues keeping him, but he’s been here for 5ish years now and hasn’t been able to find consistency.

I liked Buchy in his first spell. For a guy of his age and experience he still looks uncomfortable, almost as if he needs his hand held through every game. His finger pointing this season has shown he’s probably not the type of guy we need for a rebuild.

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

I wouldnt be keeping any of the defence apart from McGeever. Conceded far too many goals. 

I think it runs a bit deeper than that. Stanger has been pretty good and I think he’s worth keeping, Pignatiello could easily play at right back in the league above, Buchanan can be a good defender at this level albeit he’s been poor for most of this season. Boyle is done and should be nowhere near this level.

The main problem is that we lack organisation. The manager has nae idea how to organise a defence (or a midfield for that matter) or coach them into a cohesive unit. Our players just aren’t on the same wave length as each other. Players need to shoulder some of the blame for individual errors but any coach or manager worth their salt should be able to organise a defence and coach the players into not making those errors by having them work as a unit. The fact that we’ve had players shunted all over the park and playing out of their natural positions doesn’t help matters at all.

I’m actually a bit concerned about McGeevers injury status. He’s missed a full season and I’m still not sure any of us know what the actual diagnosis is or when he’s due back? Is he training yet? Doing light running? God knows but any injury that keeps you out for that long can’t be a good thing. Have the club ever given us a proper update regarding him?

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Stanger's time for a defensive howler then. Underhit back pass under no pressure really at all.

Mental how every single defensive player we have has shipped a daft goal at one stage or another.

Sums us up! A defensive shambles. 

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Sums us up! A defensive shambles. 

And now a tap in from a corner.

The worst bit is that Edinburgh City haven't even got going here at all. Yet we've handed them two goals on a plate.

The fact we can’t even provide live updates for supporters in our biggest game of the season completely sums us up. Maybe if we didn’t drive hard working volunteers away from the club we’d have someone available to provide us with updates. Surely to christ one of the hingers on or ‘general manager’ could give us basic updates?

Cheers @Jan Vojáček for doing your best, whilst working may I add.

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

As much as I dread the prospect of Farrell in L2, binning season tickets only players into the current owners hands and speeds up our demise.

I'm not renewing while he's in charge. The club need to think long and hard about their next move because I'm sure there will be others thinking the same way.

Money's too tight to be giving it to Farrell to assemble another squad. 

The guy clearly hasn't got it.

I get folk from the club get charmed by the Farrell patter and I know he's sorted some comp tickets for games down south for some folk but put that aside and fucking bin him please.

4 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

I'm not renewing while he's in charge. The club need to think long and hard about their next move because I'm sure there will be others thinking the same way.

I get folk from the club get charmed by the Farrell patter and I know he's sorted some comp tickets for games down south for some folk but put that aside and fucking bin him please.

Said it from day dot when he signed this would happen.    I won't be back until he's gone.   That's 3 that won't be renewing 

It's been a shambles for years...it breaks my heart to see the sons like this. I have been following the sons for over 30yrs.  I'm proud to wear the colours, I'll buy the strip but really not sure about buying a season ticket next year....

15 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Huh? What games has he been comping?