Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I think you will win comfortably. The standard in League Two has been very poor this year.

The standard of our defending really has to be seen to be believed… i’m pretty sure we are now at over 30 individual errors that have led directly to an opposition goal. Someone will know the exact figure.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The standard of our defending really has to be seen to be believed… i’m pretty sure we are now at over 30 individual errors that have led directly to an opposition goal. Someone will know the exact figure.

Yes, Farrell will confirm the precise fig just as soon as we're relegated.

Genuinely quite interested to see who wins what at the POTY bash tonight. Carlo really should make it a clean sweep for me. I can't think of anyone else who has matched his consistency - and he's done it in a range of positions.

I'd imagine he's the sort of player you'd appreciate if he was your teammate as well. 

I don't know why we bother with this shit when we've been stinking the league out. Having sat through these before, I always get the impression players would rather be anywhere else and the fans aren't interested in talking to a bunch of lads who've under performed. Can't have been many ticket sales?

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't know why we bother with this shit when we've been stinking the league out. Having sat through these before, I always get the impression players would rather be anywhere else and the fans aren't interested in talking to a bunch of lads who've under performed. Can't have been many ticket sales?

Yeah, I also think it's about the worst prep for the really important fixtures we have coming up too. When there are play offs involved these things simply shouldn't happen.

As you say, it's been a long time since the players were that well bonded and spirited that they'd even bother with the fans anyway!

Apart from Montrose away, would anyone say we’ve beaten a half-decent team all season?

The wins away at Clyde were great performances, but I don’t think they qualify as a decent side.

I suppose Alloa away post-Barry Ferguson could maybe count?

Edited by FifeSons

13 minutes ago, the snudge said:

POTY for Duthie is a baffling one. I'd have personally have it to Carlo as he's been consistently less shite than everyone else

I'm pleased for Conner. He's worked incredibly hard and if there was an award for most improved player then it would be his every single day of the week. He'd also be one of those I'd be keen to keep.

However. Carlo has been our POTY by some distance and has been robbed here imo.

55 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

God loves a trier.  Duthie is one if the hardest working players we have, so I guess that might be what swung.  Personally I voted carsy and carlo

What has Carswell deserved to win this year? He turned up for about 6 weeks of the season and it's the only 6 weeks he has performed since we got relegated more or less.

On 28/04/2022 at 13:56, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I was told it was now at 35 individual errors this season.

Yes the pitch has been shit and that has maybe not helped the situation but that’s not the reason we been shit. Past it players, players with no confidence and a manager than managed like it’s it’s first time playing football manager is the reason we are where we are. 

Yesterday was the perfect example. 1 up and we didn’t know what to do. Defender injured and we bring on a midfielder, while defenders on the bench.(Baffling) 

8 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

I was told it was now at 35 individual errors this season.

Yes the pitch has been shit and that has maybe not helped the situation but that’s not the reason we been shit. Past it players, players with no confidence and a manager than managed like it’s it’s first time playing football manager is the reason we are where we are. 

Yesterday was the perfect example. 1 up and we didn’t know what to do. Defender injured and we bring on a midfielder, while defenders on the bench.(Baffling) 

Re your last paragraph, Carswell hadn't trained on Thursday night and he was brought on to give him some game time ahead of this week's matches.

I think Carlo has worked his socks off all season and equally Duthie hasn't stopped chasing balls all season too. Both IMO  could have taken home the award.    I was quietly pleased to see Sam Muir get a game yesterday and don't think he did a turn wrong.  He played well considering he's been keeping the bench warm all season . I just hope we can move on and build for next season and that starting with a new leader at the helm . We showed at times yesterday we can play football when we're not panicking or humping it up the park . Regardless Mr Farrell needs to be hitting the exit . There's a few empty jerseys on the park and they have to follow 

2 hours ago, OKsons2020 said:

I think Carlo has worked his socks off all season and equally Duthie hasn't stopped chasing balls all season too. Both IMO  could have taken home the award.    I was quietly pleased to see Sam Muir get a game yesterday and don't think he did a turn wrong.  He played well considering he's been keeping the bench warm all season . I just hope we can move on and build for next season and that starting with a new leader at the helm . We showed at times yesterday we can play football when we're not panicking or humping it up the park . Regardless Mr Farrell needs to be hitting the exit . There's a few empty jerseys on the park and they have to follow 

Considering his lack of game time Sam Muir was excellent yesterday and I hope we consider retaining him.  And I'd add George Stranger to that too.

And I'll be surprised if your Manager is not still Stevie Farrell.

Nice wee promo video ahead of the playoffs up

I spoke Gregg Wylde after the game on Saturday, and he mentioned that he thought Callum Wilson might've got handed the armband before him. With the way the guy plays, and hearing the wee man speak in that video, I can actually see him as a captain. It's been really good seeing him coming back into form in recent weeks - and I'm absolutely delighted he's staying next season. 

Carsy is obviously under contract next season as well (and we have Bucky and McGeever signed up too) but I would not be averse to seeing Wilson with the armband. Which seems like a crazy thing to say about an 18-year-old. But I think it could be good for him if he nails down a regular starting spot. He strikes me as someone who needs to be continually pushed and put under pressure to get the most out of him.

It's not particularly important in the grand scheme of things. But I like the way he plays. And I like the way he conducts himself.