Sons' sorrow

35 minutes ago, microdave said:

He's an honorary president.

Having read this:

44 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

John Steele has been identified from the line up.

He may not have intended to suggest the match was being "thrown" but just that the team are so shite it's a formality that Cove will leave with 3 points. 

I tend to agree with this:

25 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

He’s an honorary p***k.

Perhaps one of our official directors can tell him to shut the f**k up if he wants to continue his jollies with a  blazer on. Or maybe we could remove his title...not quite sure what he done to deserve it in his 3 and a half years in charge. I know he fought with Brabco a lot but he also backed Henning and Hosie to be good for the future of the club, which is inexplicable really.

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Just to play devil’s advocate, is it possible said incident simply didn’t happen?

I mentioned this on the other thread. I was there yesterday as a hanger on. We were in a box not the stand…. So unless the guy is meaning 20odd mins after the game when he was leaving the stadium then fair enough but it seems strange.

26 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

How different is the current board personnel to the one that sacked Aitken? I can’t remember exactly, but I’m sure at least a few are different. I wonder if that board would have booted Farrell by now.

Neil McKay and Colin Hosie are the only two board members left from that time. In addition to them we have our Trust rep and the new guy Colin. New guy has been bigged up as the football man with football contacts so we'll see what happens there. 

I’m finding the positivity (albeit most of it coming from fans of other clubs) about our playoff chances a bit odd.

I’m not at all confident we’ll manage it. I have a feeling we might scrape to the final before getting our arses handed to us by Annan/Forfar. It would be a fitting way to end this season, with a humiliating heavy defeat.

A few weeks ago, I’d have said we’d be as well giving literally anyone else a go at the playoffs instead of Farrell. I’d say there’s still a very strong argument for that. The only reason I maybe wouldn’t now (and not because it’s too late) is because the players do at least look like they’re trying for him. Even if he is completely tactically clueless.

I can just hear Farrell’s rhetoric after a 5-0 pumping at Station Park that we can turn it around or after being relegated that he wants a chance to take us straight back up.

Edited by FifeSons

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Neil McKay and Colin Hosie are the only two board members left from that time. In addition to them we have our Trust rep and the new guy Colin. New guy has been bigged up as the football man with football contacts so we'll see what happens there. 

Hmm. I can hear BSF in my head saying the only reason we were able to sack Aitken is because we had Championship prize money left over and that the previous board wouldn’t have been able to boot Farrell for the same (financial) reasons the current one can’t!

Having said that, I remember people saying at the time that we couldn’t afford to sack Aitken - then off he went…

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure Neil McKay was a Board member at that particular time.  As regards the new guy, I think he is more of a wannabe than someone with a track record anywhere in football, and I'd set my expectations pretty low.

I'm not sure Neil McKay was a Board member at that particular time.  As regards the new guy, I think he is more of a wannabe than someone with a track record anywhere in football, and I'd set my expectations pretty low.
According to companies house, he was appointed in April 18 on the same day as John Steele.

39 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

My expectations are sub zero. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Considering you have some right diddy outfits with a bigger budget than us then I wouldn’t be surprised. Some earner that peri peri chicken.

To finish below Clyde is some achievement!

Seen them against Clydebank and they were utterly hopeless.Never even managed an attempt on target the whole game and should have lost 4 or 5.

2 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Seen them against Clydebank and they were utterly hopeless.Never even managed an attempt on target the whole game and should have lost 4 or 5.

It's even more of an achievement given Clyde have take one point from their three games against us this year. Conceding seven along the way. East Fife have taken six points from us and Peterhead 10. So Clyde have had to pick up some cracking results against the top four to pull such a distance on us.

That achievement looks better when you consider that we've now done it in consecutive years.