Sons' sorrow

Thought I’d give this a bump by asking, does anyone still believe we can avoid 9th?

Course we can. Airdrie playing for nothing today and Cove in celebratory mood next week so points there for the taking. As long as we are in touching distance of Clyde going in to the last day we’ll do it

We’ll be reliant again on the quality of our playoff opponents being absolutely shite in order to slither to safety. Feels like a big ask to get that lucky 2 years running. I’d be quite accepting of relegation this season, the performances have just been so poor for such a long time. 

7 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Airdrie playing for nothing today 

Really? They were 5 points behind with 3 to play, not a fucking chance they weren’t going baws oot to win today. They were quite literally playing out their skin for a title today and they came up against a team who set out to play for a 0-0.

MAY 2022

3/4 cinch League 1 play-off semi-finals, 1st leg
7 cinch League 1 play-off semi-finals, 2nd leg

10 cinch League 1 play-off final, 1st leg
13 cinch League 1 play-off final, 2nd leg

Edited by FifeSons

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Really? They were 5 points behind with 3 to play, not a fucking chance they weren’t going baws oot to win today. They were quite literally playing out their skin for a title today and they came up against a team who set out to play for a 0-0.

Yeah, I found that an odd comment. By that reasoning, we had nothing to play for since we were 5 behind Clyde.

I really don't think they'll be too dissimilar to last season's play-offs if you lot do end up having to go through them. You're at least scoring goals at the moment and I wouldn't be especially fearful of any of the League Two sides - a month ago I'd have fancied Annan heavily, but they've wobbled a fair bit recently. I'd give you a reasonable chance of staying up as things stand.

I think todays results show that we deserve to be where we are. Clyde go out at home to a Montrose team walking through the final games and get the points they need - against the same team two weeks ago we settled for a point. We were playing against 10 men today and still bottled it. None of the teams in this league are brilliant but since our 5-0 tanking up at Peterhead we've acted like a League 2 side trying to stay in League 1. To hear today that our goalkeeping coach spent the majority of the game bantering with Airdrie fans is just a shambles. A real lack of professionalism is just reeking through the club right now, I'm hearing we even managed to make a complete arse of the mascots day last week too. What chance have we got.

Edited by The Moonster

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I said Dumbarton would finish below Alloa and was proven right.

I'm now going to say Dumbarton will comfortably survive the play-offs.

It was "enjoy League 2" a few weeks ago. What's changed your opinion this week? 

Yeah, I found that an odd comment. By that reasoning, we had nothing to play for since we were 5 behind Clyde.

Difference being that there was a chance that Clyde might have lost. There was absolutely no chance that Cove weren’t going to take four points ( which is all that they needed) from Alloa, Dumbarton and East Fife

Peterhead score two against a team at the right end of the league and win.

Clyde score two against a team at the right end of the league and win.

We score two against a team at the right end of the league (with 10 men) and lose.

And that is why we deserve to be ninth. There were some really decent aspects of our performance today. George Stanger was absolutely superb for example. But we gifted Airdrie two goals. Just as we've gift wrapped teams goals all season. To win a game we're having to score more than twice - and that is madness.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Peterhead score two against a team at the right end of the league and win.

Clyde score two against a team at the right end of the league and win.

We score two against a team at the right end of the league (with 10 men) and lose.

And that is why we deserve to be ninth. There were some really decent aspects of our performance today. George Stanger was absolutely superb for example. But we gifted Airdrie two goals. Just as we've gift wrapped teams goals all season. To win a game we're having to score more than twice - and that is madness.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Yet another game, there for the taking today.

To be filed alongside Peterhead last week, East Fife away last month...etc etc 

Edited by Silverton End