Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

@Bring Back Paddy Flannery, @BallochSonsFan has hacked your account. 

I’m not for a minute saying we can’t or shouldn’t sack him. It’s just that our board are incompetent and I have absolutely zero faith in them sacking Farrell and finding a suitable replacement even if we do go down. Not to mention they’ve sanctioned half a squad of two year deals and they all really seem to like him as a guy, along with the other staff members at the club - none of them have a scooby about football between them so that will most likely come into it.

Yeah, I reckon if we go down Farrell will remain in charge. Default is the mostly likely option under this board.

I thought we were completely finished under him, which Saturday showed we’re not. So fair play to him. He may yet prove me wrong

However, it’s still a big, big ask to avoid 9th. And btw, finishing 9th in itself is a failure. IMO we need 3 wins or 2 wins and 2 draws to avoid the playoffs. 

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

On what grounds would you sack him if he kept us up? From his comments the other night his remit from the board was to keep us in the division. I'm no expert on employment law but I'm not sure you can sack employees for meeting their targets. 

the fact is been fucking eye bleedingly horrible for 6 months and id rather piss broken glass for 2 weeks than watch us another season under farrel

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure that would go down well with a judge at a tribunal.

To be fair, I’m not sure a football gaffer getting bagged would go to a tribunal? Unless it was some sort of thing written into his contract about certain goals, which I can’t imagine would happen. The aims for the season will just be verbally discussed rather than contractual things. The only way I could aee a tribunal is if he was wrongly accused of something or something along those lines.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, I’m not sure a football gaffer getting bagged would go to a tribunal? Unless it was some sort of thing written into his contract about certain goals, which I can’t imagine would happen. The aims for the season will just be verbally discussed rather than contractual things. The only way I could aee a tribunal is if he was wrongly accused of something or something along those lines.

All I'm saying is Faz could argue he's done his job and sacking him is unfair (on the basis he keeps us up). Plenty of instances in the past of football managers and other employees taking clubs to court over dismissals, not always successful but clubs like ours don't need court battles. I'm no expert in football contracts but I don't see why his remit wouldn't be laid out in there? Surely any job comes with a job description and you are then judged on your ability to carry that out? 

I've been as disenchanted as anyone else with the football on offer this season, but there is no law that says that Dumbarton or anyone else for that matter can't finish top or bottom of the league - sometimes it just is what it is and you need to get on with it

The table does not lie yet you could actually argue that relatively, given their crowds and resources, Falkirk are the worst performing club in this season's Division One.  Whatever.  We have five league games left with fifteen league points at stake and I suggest we park the angst over Stevie Farrell until the dust settles and concentrate on getting behind the team.

That's not to absolve anyone or anything, it's merely a plea to channel the current energies into supporting the team for the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I've been as disenchanted as anyone else with the football on offer this season, but there is no law that says that Dumbarton or anyone else for that matter can't finish top or bottom of the league - sometimes it just is what it is and you need to get on with it

The table does not lie yet you could actually argue that relatively, given their crowds and resources, Falkirk are the worst performing club in this season's Division One.  Whatever.  We have five league games left with fifteen league points at stake and I suggest we park the angst over Stevie Farrell until the dust settles and concentrate on getting behind the team.

That's not to absolve anyone or anything, it's merely a plea to channel the current energies into supporting the team for the next few weeks.

Excellent. That's one more than everyone else. Should give us a fighting chance.

point of interest from yesterdays game, my dad was speaking to Ryan Mcgeever yesterday who said that he was doing a lot of work in the gym for prep for surgery and he would hopefully be back from pre season....

the interesting part was, when my dad looked to confirm that he was one of those signed on a two year deal last summer he said yeah, but then said the club just recently gave him an additional year on that so confirmed he would be here next year....and the following.

Is farrell offering out deals? or are the club giving deals regardless of who the manager is or not. surely with run of form we have been on for some time we arent still letting farrell pick the contracts when he could be gone if he keeps up how he is going 

3 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

point of interest from yesterdays game, my dad was speaking to Ryan Mcgeever yesterday who said that he was doing a lot of work in the gym for prep for surgery and he would hopefully be back from pre season....

the interesting part was, when my dad looked to confirm that he was one of those signed on a two year deal last summer he said yeah, but then said the club just recently gave him an additional year on that so confirmed he would be here next year....and the following.

Is farrell offering out deals? or are the club giving deals regardless of who the manager is or not. surely with run of form we have been on for some time we arent still letting farrell pick the contracts when he could be gone if he keeps up how he is going 

Farrell isn’t going anywhere.

3 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I’d heard from a few different people that we’re paying for McGeevers op and that he’ll be sticking around regardless of where we end up.

It was also suggested to me that he hasn’t been picking up a wage. Maybe we’re adding an extra year onto the deal to make up for the year we’ve just lost. 

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Thought I’d give this a bump by asking, does anyone still believe we can avoid 9th?

No. The last real chance to do that went when we drew with Peterhead.

1 point would have been possible. 4 points isn't. At least the performances have improved recently and that has to be a bonus with the playoffs in mind.