Sons' sorrow

After an enforced absence due to Covid, an Annual General Meeting of the Sons Supporters Trust (Sonstrust) will take place on Wednesday 30th March at 7.30pm in the Community Suite of the Dumbarton Football Stadium.

All members are cordially invited to attend, noting that proof of current membership, eg production of Membership Card or alternative confirmation is required.  However, at what could be a crucial period for our football club we are very keen to maximise both AGM attendance and Sonstrust membership numbers and we would therefore encourage interested non-members to attend, particiapte and join on the night.  Membership cost ten pounds per annum.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

3 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

I see on the match thread that the haggis bearer for the trusts Burns night is the Manager. That won’t be awkward at all after another pumping today 🤦‍♂️

Faz deserves credit for involving himself in stuff like that. His predecessor didn’t bother his arse to turn up to one single social event, including player of the year events, which I always thought was completely piss poor tbh.

It’s actually a shame Farrell struggles on the park because he’s brilliant off it.

On 13/03/2022 at 09:45, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Na, naebdy is taking that bait.

Whilst I don’t think Ramsbottom is better than Wright, I’ll hold my hands up, he really isn’t that much of an upgrade. He’s absolutely hopeless, he’s just a bit less hopeless than Ramsbottom. His distribution in particular is honkin’.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Whilst I don’t think Ramsbottom is better than Wright, I’ll hold my hands up, he really isn’t that much of an upgrade. He’s absolutely hopeless, he’s just a bit less hopeless than Ramsbottom. His distribution in particular is honkin’.

He’s much better than Ramsbottom at collecting the ball at corners but that’s about it.  Ramsbottom would have saved that 2nd goal and then conceded from the following corner most likely.

We offer no attacking threat without big Josh and we’ve not even seen enough of him to know he’d have that big an impact.  Certainly looked promising but don’t think he’s going to change our fate if he’s fit for the last 5/6 games.

As eye bleedingly bad as Duffball was, he was able to get us to absolutely shitfest our way through the playoffs last season.  Farrell does not have that in him.  

4 games on the trot we’ve conceded in the opening 5 minutes. All he had to say for himself last week was you can’t coach a team to not concede early on.  Clueless.

He’s much better than Ramsbottom at collecting the ball at corners but that’s about it.  Ramsbottom would have saved that 2nd goal and then conceded from the following corner most likely.
We offer no attacking threat without big Josh and we’ve not even seen enough of him to know he’d have that big an impact.  Certainly looked promising but don’t think he’s going to change our fate if he’s fit for the last 5/6 games.
As eye bleedingly bad as Duffball was, he was able to get us to absolutely shitfest our way through the playoffs last season.  Farrell does not have that in him.  
4 games on the trot we’ve conceded in the opening 5 minutes. All he had to say for himself last week was you can’t coach a team to not concede early on.  Clueless.

While in no way standing up for Farrell you really can’t blame him for the absolute mess that Bronsky made of the first goal

Theres not an issue with 31 individual errors as such, it's the mentality and how you react to that mistake.

His response this far has been to burn that player and sign another, now he cant and he's left looking at the bench wondering who's minded to knock their pan in or be a match winner for him and the club, answer is no one.  That lies with his management throughout the season.

See he’s had someone count up the individual mistakes for him so he could pull that figure out as an excuse this week and completely throw the players under the bus.

What happened to him taking full responsibility?!

He’s a total p***k. Get him to f**k.

Edited by FifeSons

Just now, Nowhereman said:

While in no way standing up for Farrell you really can’t blame him for the absolute mess that Bronsky made of the first goal

Farrell confirmed in that interview that’s the 30th goal we’ve conceded from an individual error this season. Whether that’s down to his coaching, his inability to instill confidence in his players or what I don’t know, but he absolutely has to shoulder some of the blame for that. it’s nae coincidence that it keeps happening at least once or twice in every single game we play.