Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

A chance to avenge Bonnyrigg too.

That chance being of the 'no fucking' variety, as they effortlessly glide above you?

The harsh reality is that relegation to the bottom national tier is no longer the feather cushion it used to be. You'd have a half-decent chance of being flushed down the pan altogether tbh. 

Colour me unsurprised btw that the likes of McKee, Buchanan and Orsi have been as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 

We sacked David Winnie in 2003 when we had seven games remaining and brought in Brian Fairley and remained unbeaten for those games. We just have to hope the board realise this can't go on and have a Fairley prepared to take up the reins.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

That chance being of the 'no fucking' variety, as they effortlessly glide above you?

The harsh reality is that relegation to the bottom national tier is no longer the feather cushion it used to be. You'd have a half-decent chance of being flushed down the pan altogether tbh. 

Colour me unsurprised btw that the likes of McKee, Buchanan and Orsi have been as much use as a chocolate fireguard. 

Brechin and possibly soon Cowdenbeath are the evidence of that, and as things stand Dumbarton could be headed that way.  And Bonnyrigg would probably horse us right now, they are an impressively-run club.  We are like Hugh Scott's Morton in drag.

Oh, and you forgot Ramsbottom.

11 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

Brechin and possibly soon Cowdenbeath are the evidence of that, and as things stand Dumbarton could be headed that way.  And Bonnyrigg would horse us right now, they are an impressively-run club.  We are like Hugh Scott's Morton in drag.

FTFY

39 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

There’s an interview with Farrell up. Should be funny.

I take full responsibility 

No you don't, you haven't resigned.

You can't coach for losing early goals

??Why not?? Except if you're useless, maybe.

We've lost a lot of goals all season from the edge of the box. Two today.

Well coach the team to defend the edge if the box then....ah, see answer above.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Welcome to league 2 guys

As I said long long ago the guy is not good enough, I know your pain 2 games we won in a season and he was the only guy Covid saved. 

He hated criticism that much he called a meeting 2 weeks before he left to join you guys, with 8 of us to explain his circumstances ie no budget etc, I would love to hear him now that he has a bigger budget and still churning out shite. One of his statements was “ I have the ability and believe In myself that I could coach in the SPFL Premiership you just need to ask guys like Ryan Stevenson he says I am the best coach he has ever worked with” I am sorry but I am loving seeing the situation he is in, the guy just ruins good clubs.

That was a shocking performance today given what was at stake.  Manager has to take responsibility for the state we are in. 
It’s high time though that our absentee owners, hiding behind our managerial board, are forced to reveal their plans for the club and publicly called into question if things don’t add up. I don’t imagine this will be easy but the current, amateurish set up, just doesn’t cut it at this level. 

1 hour ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

Brechin and possibly soon Cowdenbeath are the evidence of that, and as things stand Dumbarton could be headed that way.  And Bonnyrigg would probably horse us right now, they are an impressively-run club.  We are like Hugh Scott's Morton in drag.

Would quibble with the Hugh Scott comparison, because tbqh it takes far less mismanagement to put yourselves in the shite right now compared to that dick's protracted efforts to degrade us from a fairly stable position in the late 90s.

Dumbarton's ownership situation has certainly been a serious concern for years, and I hope it can be resolved soon. But even if that weren't the case, a couple of crap managerial appointments could still have you doing a Brechin. Both clubs were in the Championship recently - it's just much more brutal now when it comes to handling with a tailspin than it ever was before. 

There's probably around 100 clubs in the pyramid who *could* plausibly lay claim to a lower national league place in replacement of Dumbarton, Clyde, Stenny etc. - based on a few years of momentum. It's a bearpit being managed by the single play-off, which is the correct approach. 

Thank you for reminding me about Ramsbottom as well but the contribution of that clown should've been a given from the start. 

1 hour ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Welcome to league 2 guys

As I said long long ago the guy is not good enough, I know your pain 2 games we won in a season and he was the only guy Covid saved. 

He hated criticism that much he called a meeting 2 weeks before he left to join you guys, with 8 of us to explain his circumstances ie no budget etc, I would love to hear him now that he has a bigger budget and still churning out shite. One of his statements was “ I have the ability and believe In myself that I could coach in the SPFL Premiership you just need to ask guys like Ryan Stevenson he says I am the best coach he has ever worked with” I am sorry but I am loving seeing the situation he is in, the guy just ruins good clubs.

Using a resident crackpot like Ryan Stevenson as some sort of credible critic is an instant red flag tbh.

He looks a broken man in that interview. It would be kinder to him to sack him now. That way he avoids the relegation on his CV and can roll out the Aitken line of having been unfairly treated.

I know some people suggest we can’t afford to sack him because he’s contracted until the end of next season, but I don’t buy that at all.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

No you don't, you haven't resigned.

??Why not?? Except if you're useless, maybe.

Well coach the team to defend the edge if the box then....ah, see answer above.

I’d usually be very against positing negative stuff about the manager on Twitter, but I think a barrage of social media comments has a slight chance of prompting the board to act.

I was never sure about Farrell and felt he probably should’ve been sacked long ago, but today has all but confirmed it.

I thought what someone mentioned about Winnie/Fairley was interesting. I knew he left late in the season but didn’t quite realise it was with only 7 games remaining.

I’ve no idea who we can get in and whether they have any chance of keeping us up. All I’m convinced of is that if Stevie Farrell remains in charge for those 7 ‘cup finals’, we’ll be plying our trade in L2 next season.

Edited by FifeSons