Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Do we get the money back from the appeal, given it was successful?

I think, if it's anything like appeals I've been involved in with the SYFA at least(!) then we should get the money back.

I'm glad Ross isn't missing any games, but it really was a shameful incident all round; both for Cammy Kerr and for Colin Steven. Kerr's reaction was absolutely mortifying, and having to cheat to gain an advantage over a struggling League One club as a Premiership player isn't a good look. Quite how Steven, or his assistant, thought it was a red card is totally beyond me. I'd be very interested to hear how their debrief with the observer went after he saw video footage of the incident.

From our point-of-view, it denied us a very good chance of creating a big Scottish Cup upset. And that's extremely disappointing. Would we have beaten Dundee with 11 men? Who knows. But given there was very little between the teams when we were playing with 10 men, then we'd have had a damn good chance. 

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think, if it's anything like appeals I've been involved in with the SYFA at least(!) then we should get the money back.

I'm glad Ross isn't missing any games, but it really was a shameful incident all round; both for Cammy Kerr and for Colin Steven. Kerr's reaction was absolutely mortifying, and having to cheat to gain an advantage over a struggling League One club as a Premiership player isn't a good look. Quite how Steven, or his assistant, thought it was a red card is totally beyond me. I'd be very interested to hear how their debrief with the observer went after he saw video footage of the incident.

From our point-of-view, it denied us a very good chance of creating a big Scottish Cup upset. And that's extremely disappointing. Would we have beaten Dundee with 11 men? Who knows. But given there was very little between the teams when we were playing with 10 men, then we'd have had a damn good chance. 

We would have had a very good chance based on the performance Dundee put on. I think it is also worth noting that McKee may not have been as exposed had we another body on the park. We'll never know and it's a huge shame we won't get another go at it, given how well we played with 1 man less.

Edited by squeezebox-son

5 minutes ago, George Parr said:

It’s just another in a long litany of awful refereeing decisions in matches involving us and Dundee. Brian Colvin’s horror calls on the Christ Turner & Bryan Prunty non-goals are what also spring to mind here. 

'Sons well Beaton - by the ref' was the Sunday Mail headline, after John Beaton turned down a stonewall penalty (and red card) in a 4-0 League Cup defeat in 2011 when the score was 0-0 too. I remember one of our first games involving Barry Cook was a controversial defeat to Dundee too.

I'm fairly certain Jack Ross (or maybe Ian Murray) ended up being sent off in that one. 

26 minutes ago, George Parr said:

It’s just another in a long litany of awful refereeing decisions in matches involving us and Dundee. Brian Colvin’s horror calls on the Christ Turner & Bryan Prunty non-goals are what also spring to mind here. 

Fairly sure there was also a game at home where we lost 1-0 when Prunty missed a penalty (his first touch since coming on), where he booked the wrong guy - the correct booking should’ve gone to a player already on a yellow.

There was also the ref bottling giving Chris Kane a pen in the last minute of the 2-1 title decider at Dens. Though, we might not have gotten out of Dundee alive if he gave that…

Edited by FifeSons

'Sons well Beaton - by the ref' was the Sunday Mail headline, after John Beaton turned down a stonewall penalty (and red card) in a 4-0 League Cup defeat in 2011 when the score was 0-0 too. I remember one of our first games involving Barry Cook was a controversial defeat to Dundee too.
I'm fairly certain Jack Ross (or maybe Ian Murray) ended up being sent off in that one. 
Dundee at home 2013, Gary Irvine, already on a yellow, commits another foul and runs away to the opposite side of the pitch. Barry Cook then yellow cards the wrong Dundee player for the offence.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Between the sending off and him not giving us a penalty at the end the referee had a fair old influence on the final result here. Given the card has been rescinded you would like to think there would be some action taken to demote the referee for a few weeks. But of course that won't happen will it?

He's fourth official at the Rangers game tonight, then fourth official at Hearts v Motherwell on Saturday. At least he can't ruin a match with a baffling decision from the technical area I suppose.

4 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
29 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Dundee at home 2013, Gary Irvine, already on a yellow, commits another foul and runs away to the opposite side of the pitch. Barry Cook then yellow cards the wrong Dundee player for the offence.

That’s the one I was thinking of!!

We would have had a very good chance based on the performance Dundee put on. I think it is also worth noting that McKee may not have been as exposed had we another body on the park. We'll never know and it's a huge shame we won't get another go at it, given how well we played with 1 man less.

They guy should be hauled in and made to explain the decision fact it’s rescinded tells you all you need to know cammy Kerr should be facing action because he’s cheated to influence a match it’s not like the ref never seen it he’s got a clear cut view few meters in front of him took no time to even think about it was dodgy all game

Think what makes it even more annoying is who Dundee got in the draw if game wasn’t tarnished we could have had a very decent chance of reaching further round all buts and what ifs now

21 hours ago, kenrobell said:

Apart from peado chants they were generally very good for the atmosphere I only wonder if they would have even bothered with pyro if it wasn’t for Dundee fans kicking it off first

They should not have had them in their possession in the first place. What the Dundee fans did is irrelevant. 

I see the club have issued a statement saying the behaviour is unacceptable, which I am very glad about it, but does anyone know if we've identified who was responsible for the bus incident? We aren't really appealing for information but we also don't say anyone has been banned. I would hope our efforts to identify and ban those individuals is a bit greater than "we hope the nice fans come back and the bad ones stay away". 

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:
2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was very nearly in a fist fight with a Dundee Director that day.

As for the Barry Cook fiasco at Dens, apparently Ian Murray was nearly punching his lights out at the Broxden Services on the journey home.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III