Sons' sorrow

https://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/19871010.dumbarton-fc-dundee-supporters-coach-attacked-scottish-cup-clash/?fbclid=IwAR2DlHvU7hRwpJo_Y_7HAlfr83_dzWaE4voVW2h8K-qY6N9-4j6dHidR-io

Every single one of these wee fannys should be banned until the guilty ones own up. I’m all for a bit of atmosphere but wee guys (who really support Rangers or Celtic) turning up and setting off flares and smashing bus windows can get so far to f**k. I find the whole ‘ultras’ culture a bit cringey but if the wee guys fancy creating a bit of atmosphere without causing any bother then they are more than welcome, this sort of behaviour will end up costing the club in the long run. 

Are this current mob the same ones who had a feature on AVFTT?

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

https://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/19871010.dumbarton-fc-dundee-supporters-coach-attacked-scottish-cup-clash/?fbclid=IwAR2DlHvU7hRwpJo_Y_7HAlfr83_dzWaE4voVW2h8K-qY6N9-4j6dHidR-io

Every single one of these wee fannys should be banned until the guilty ones own up. I’m all for a bit of atmosphere but wee guys (who really support Rangers or Celtic) turning up and setting off flares and smashing bus windows can get so far to f**k. I find the whole ‘ultras’ culture a bit cringey but if the wee guys fancy creating a bit of atmosphere without causing any bother then they are more than welcome, this sort of behaviour will end up costing the club in the long run. 

They’ll be keechin’ their wee panties at the mention of Police involvement.

Every single one of them panicked and scattered when they realised what happens when you actually let off a flare. Embarrassing behaviour, not welcome at the sons.

Clearly a bunch of wee fannies who have been watching your union bears / green brigade types - but mummy won’t let them go to Ibrox or Parkhead so they’ve ended up down the rock.

They’ll be keechin’ their wee panties at the mention of Police involvement.
Every single one of them panicked and scattered when they realised what happens when you actually let off a flare. Embarrassing behaviour, not welcome at the sons.
Clearly a bunch of wee fannies who have been watching your union bears / green brigade types - but mummy won’t let them go to Ibrox or Parkhead so they’ve ended up down the rock.

Think they dangerous thing about it all wasn’t actually the said flare and more how everyone of that section moved at once could have caused a crush

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I have my handbag searched every match, so how can this lot sneak in flares? There was even a group walking through the car park with a lit flare before the match. There is a heads up for the stewards if ever I'd seen one. After the match when the school playground behaviour was going on in the car park, two stewards stood and did nothing. 

I heard most of the youngsters were Rangers fans who were there specifically to wind up Lee Griffiths. No doubt there will be a parent behind them condoning that behaviour. 

I think the club needs to have a serious talk with the company that does the stewarding as well as developing some sort of strategy for dealing with the younger fans. When Airdrie were visiting at the beginning of the month, it should have been home fans only yet a group of Airdrie fans were sat in front of me. We need to be smarter when we have potential flashpoints. 

The problem with the young, daft, fun crowd is that they grow up to become slightly older, significantly dafter and do stupid things. The older they get then the more they look at the behaviour or European ultras groups and think that their conduct is acceptable. In some cases it is. I've been in the standing sections of European sports venues - its where I get my tickets when I go to Mannheim for the hockey - and I've been in that area with the Mannheim ultras. But there was never any flares. Same with the German football games I've gone to. No flares at those matches. No throwing things at the opposition team or fan bus windows. Hatred of other people is no replacement for a genuine love of your own team.

Except that the majority of them aren't Dumbarton fans. They'll be the friends of our usual group of decent young fans who came along because it was a cup game and because  Griffiths was potentially playing. They'll be nowhere to be found at the next home game or the one after that. Their actions have undoubtedly let their friends down. The ones who come along to games week after week and who support the club the right way.

I hope that those responsible get a visit from plod. I also hope that our decent young fans group understand that what happened on Saturday was unacceptable and distance themselves from those arseholes. The young crowd don't need to attract a bad reputation - its been difficult enough convincing some fans of what they normally bring to the game. It's also a shame that we're talking about a few incidents - the joke of a red card, the flares in the ground and the smashing of bus windows - instead of a battling performance that on another day might have ended with a cup upset. We played very well on Saturday for the most part (Ramsbottom's flapping and indecision aside) and should take confidence going into the rest of the season if we can replicate that battling spirit.  

Hopefully the young crowd continue to come regularly and support the club in the right way. We don't need hangers on looking to cause trouble. Equally I hope the team can take the positives from Saturday because we've got a very difficult rest of the season ahead of us.

14 hours ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

I totally agree their behaviour is unacceptable and I hope anyone guilty of lobbing bricks at buses is banned for life but on the above point, kids whose parents can't afford to send them to Ibrox are exactly the type of fan we should be looking to convert. It's a shame these guys on Saturday couldn't behave themselves but in general we should be encouraging these younger (perhaps Old Firm) fans to come along. Some of them just might need a telling as to what is fine and what isn't.

What I find strange is the stewards had actually built a bit of a rapport with the usual young fans, they'd go and speak to them and wouldn't be slow in confiscating things from them any other week. Quite how Saturday has happened with the stewards seemingly doing very little about any of the behaviour is anyones guess. 

IMO all these 'ultras' groups should be banned. Proper cringeworthy when you see the nonsense the Union Bears or Green Brigade come out with. Not to mention the ridiculous stickers and lamppost signs dotted around the west of Scotland! These wee idiots are jumping on that bandwagon and think it's 'cool', all us more long in the tooth know fine well its not and its actually just embarrasing. I do remember sitting at the cup final A few years back and some wee helmet brought out a union jack flag and started some pish, someone launched a bovril/pie/juice or other kiosk bought refreshment at his head and he promptly sat down and shut up.

With the stewards, it's a bit of a catch 22, yes they are there to do a job and get paid to do so but they are likely young adults either just out of school or got no other options, they will be paid minimum wage to 'watch' the crowd. If anything happens they probably think to themselves "for min wage am I potentially getting hurt?" The answers 99% of the time going to be no, can we blame them really?

29 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

IMO all these 'ultras' groups should be banned. Proper cringeworthy when you see the nonsense the Union Bears or Green Brigade come out with. Not to mention the ridiculous stickers and lamppost signs dotted around the west of Scotland! These wee idiots are jumping on that bandwagon and think it's 'cool', all us more long in the tooth know fine well its not and its actually just embarrasing. I do remember sitting at the cup final A few years back and some wee helmet brought out a union jack flag and started some pish, someone launched a bovril/pie/juice or other kiosk bought refreshment at his head and he promptly sat down and shut up.

With the stewards, it's a bit of a catch 22, yes they are there to do a job and get paid to do so but they are likely young adults either just out of school or got no other options, they will be paid minimum wage to 'watch' the crowd. If anything happens they probably think to themselves "for min wage am I potentially getting hurt?" The answers 99% of the time going to be no, can we blame them really?

The most alarming point in this post is that someone thought it was reasonable to lob a bovril around the stand, irrespective of whatever flag provocation they were experiencing. They should have been ejected for that immediately.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I totally agree their behaviour is unacceptable and I hope anyone guilty of lobbing bricks at buses is banned for life but on the above point, kids whose parents can't afford to send them to Ibrox are exactly the type of fan we should be looking to convert. It's a shame these guys on Saturday couldn't behave themselves but in general we should be encouraging these younger (perhaps Old Firm) fans to come along. Some of them just might need a telling as to what is fine and what isn't.

What I find strange is the stewards had actually built a bit of a rapport with the usual young fans, they'd go and speak to them and wouldn't be slow in confiscating things from them any other week. Quite how Saturday has happened with the stewards seemingly doing very little about any of the behaviour is anyones guess. 

Agree with you to a certain extent here. We should absolutely encourage youngsters to come to games - we shouldn’t however, accept their support if they’re only at our games to be a B-Tech ‘ultras’ group. There’s always going to be wee fannies amongst large groups of teens, perhaps unfair of me to tar them all with the same brush - the youngsters that have been there the past few seasons have been brilliant.

Not much we can do about what influences these groups, perhaps encouragement to come on the supports bus and interact with the rest of the support and, as you rightly said, give them guidance on what is and isn’t acceptable. 

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

A few years back and some wee helmet brought out a union jack flag and started some pish, someone launched a bovril/pie/juice or other kiosk bought refreshment at his head and he promptly sat down and shut up.

In what world is it sound to launch a boiling hot drink at some wee guys head?

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

The most alarming point in this post is that someone thought it was reasonable to lob a bovril around the stand, irrespective of whatever flag provocation they were experiencing. They should have been ejected for that immediately.

Deliberately wasting a cup of beefy liquid gold should carry a lifetime ban IMHO. Barbaric stuff.

Banning them all is ridiculous. Would you ban everyone that sat in a certain section of the ground if something was thrown on the park from that area?

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Banning them all is ridiculous. Would you ban everyone that sat in a certain section of the ground if something was thrown on the park from that area?

No, but I’d ban a group if it was quite clearly them causing the trouble. They were all quite clearly part of the one group, not just a random selection of supporters who happened to be sitting in the same section, but you know that.

23 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Apart from peado chants they were generally very good for the atmosphere I only wonder if they would have even bothered with pyro if it wasn’t for Dundee fans kicking it off first

I don’t think for a minute someone sneaked in a smoke flare for use only in the off chance there was an away fan with the same. A group of the youngsters also headed around perimeter of the stadium to the spot where the Dundee buses were parked up at the end of the game. 

Between the sending off and him not giving us a penalty at the end the referee had a fair old influence on the final result here. Given the card has been rescinded you would like to think there would be some action taken to demote the referee for a few weeks. But of course that won't happen will it?