Sons' sorrow

You'll never take that out of McLean's game. It's a bit like Beanie and his ability to win penalties or free kicks around the box. It's annoying because yesterday should never have been a red card, but there will be times where he wins things that are never fouls. If referees are making decisions because of his reputation now then it's a massive concern because opponents will play him. Next big game we're involved in at the bottom end of the table then I'd be telling my players to try and wind him up because chances are he'll react or he'll get frustrated and it'll put him off his game. 

14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

What a way to spend a saturday night. Did you find a Dumbarton scarf under your wife's side of the bed?

Seriously. It's saturday night. Do something less sad, bitter b*****d.

Better yet he found my Dumbarton scarf under his wife's pillow. 

24 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

You'll never take that out of McLean's game. It's a bit like Beanie and his ability to win penalties or free kicks around the box. It's annoying because yesterday should never have been a red card, but there will be times where he wins things that are never fouls. If referees are making decisions because of his reputation now then it's a massive concern because opponents will play him. Next big game we're involved in at the bottom end of the table then I'd be telling my players to try and wind him up because chances are he'll react or he'll get frustrated and it'll put him off his game. 

I thought it was pretty clear the Dundee players had been told to wind us up us much as possible. Elliot was standing on big Josh's toes at every throw in and Kerr was doing his best to annoy MacLean, and it worked. Our players need to take responsibility and don't give the ref an option. Twice he's been sent off and neither time has the ball been in play - that's not referees playing his reputation that's him being a hot headed fanny. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I thought it was pretty clear the Dundee players had been told to wind us up us much as possible. Elliot was standing on big Josh's toes at every throw in and Kerr was doing his best to annoy MacLean, and it worked. Our players need to take responsibility and don't give the ref an option. Twice he's been sent off and neither time has the ball been in play - that's not referees playing his reputation that's him being a hot headed fanny. 

I genuinely didn't think there was much in it at all. I thought he shrugged him off rather than to "swing" an elbow. There was much less in it than the tussle not long before between Josh and the Dundee defender, yet they both escaped without even bookings.

Think you’re being incredibly harsh on McLean here. He hardly even elbows him, it’s more of a shrugging off as he’s clearly being held. And even if it was an elbow it didn’t have nearly enough force to be a sending off

BTW that's not a red. Cammy Kerr has reached round and done something which has caused McLean to react and by react I mean he's turned round to the ref. I've seen worse in an Asda queue. We should be appealing that. 

Edited by the snudge

13 hours ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Few points in here tonight.

daddy cool is a dobber and definitely not a Dumbarton fan.

Biting enough to Cross swords over who is better educated shows that daddy lol is in fact the least educated a

and

Having watched the highlights, it’s definitely not a red card. As was said earlier that ref is atrocious, his decision making today was terrible and this had been the case multiple times watching him ref games in the past. 

no complaints about the pen. Although it is unlucky for our Joe 👍🏼 

fk off daddycool 

I am a football fan and visit many grounds.

i actually like Dumbarton I really do as much as I like visiting a few grounds where work permits I attend.

so you are wrong my original point was out of all grounds you are the worsts hosts Re customer services etc and your trust isn’t helping.

i will be back to Dumbarton in March work allowing.

so no luck and yes I will confront and complain if I feel the need to and no less 

2 hours ago, kenrobell said:

See this is bull shit tbh I’ve been to Celtic park few times and kiosks their are no different facilities in stand are fairly decent for a club of dumbartons size I’ve been to a Morton game in cow shed with burger vans round back and no toilet

The burger fans sell good grub and variety 

Haha just because you’re alone and unable to get laid yet alone get a girlfriend 

You’re actually hilarious, when the comedy night come back at the rock please come down for the open mic night. Your opening gag could be “so I have a wife and a PhD”…..that’ll bring the house down.

1 hour ago, Daddycool said:

I am a football fan and visit many grounds.

i actually like Dumbarton I really do as much as I like visiting a few grounds where work permits I attend.

so you are wrong my original point was out of all grounds you are the worsts hosts Re customer services etc and your trust isn’t helping.

i will be back to Dumbarton in March work allowing.

so no luck and yes I will confront and complain if I feel the need to and no less 

Sounds more like DPD than PhD to be honest.  I'll get someone in The Trust to sign for your parcel next time.