Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Having watched you boys on Thursday night without a few key players, I genuinely think you'd have seen off Dundee relatively comfortably.

They look like a side bereft of any confidence whatsoever...and with Cove flying, and having plenty of quality, I'd imagine you'd have had too much for them.

Pleased with Bronsky's signing based on his showing against East Fife. After the Airdrie game on January 2 Faz said he was after a keeper, RB, LB, CB and striker. So he now appears to have ticked every box.

We managed to compete with Hibs for the majority of the match and although they had substantially more shots and 60% of the possession we managed to play as well. I'd like to think, on our day, we could threaten teams in the lower half of the premiership and cause an upset.

Hopefully Sons are turning the corner with the targeted new signings, winning the EF game and running Dundee close.

I'll be down at the Rock next weekend no doubt.

6 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We managed to compete with Hibs for the majority of the match and although they had substantially more shots and 60% of the possession we managed to play as well. I'd like to think, on our day, we could threaten teams in the lower half of the premiership and cause an upset.

Hopefully Sons are turning the corner with the targeted new signings, winning the EF game and running Dundee close.

I'll be down at the Rock next weekend no doubt.

Poor you

dour faced lot

1 hour ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, Daddycool said:
Poor you
dour faced lot

Love it when someone starts an account purely because they've got a grievance of some kind.

New to this mate 

what grievance if the cap fits 

they are a dour crap faced lot only seen 6 people smiling today 

one was the photographer 

53 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Anyone listen to radio Scotland today? Surprised to hear Dave Carson say we were Scotland’s fifth oldest club. I’d have thought we were fourth oldest

You’re old so what 

still struggling and nothing worth aspiring to

54 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Anyone listen to radio Scotland today? Surprised to hear Dave Carson say we were Scotland’s fifth oldest club. I’d have thought we were fourth oldest

QP, Kilmarnock, Stranraer, Rangers* then ourselves isn't it? 

*Have your own debates about that. I'm taking no part in that :lol:

We were formed in December 1872. Records surfaced about twenty years ago that Rangers were formed the same year and not in 1873 as previously believed. We could go down the route of liquidation in 2012 and all that but I reckon Dave was being diplomatic. And whatever we (and I) think, the club known as Rangers are officially the same as before.

9 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

We were formed in December 1872. Records surfaced about twenty years ago that Rangers were formed the same year and not in 1873 as previously believed. We could go down the route of liquidation in 2012 and all that but I reckon Dave was being diplomatic. And whatever we (and I) think, the club known as Rangers are officially the same as before.

Does it matter yer still not worth aspiring to

1 minute ago, microdave said:
2 minutes ago, microdave said:

If we're not worth aspiring to, why are you bothering to read (let alone reply to) a thread which is (almost) exclusively about the Sons?

If we're not worth aspiring to, why are you bothering to read (let alone reply to) a thread which is (almost) exclusively about the Sons?

my my mate is a sons fan and sons trust member 

I was just saying what I saw

dour faced fans and 2 auld woman trying to sell stuff 

young thugs setting fire to stadium 

you got it all 

2 minutes ago, Daddycool said:

my my mate is a sons fan and sons trust member 

I was just saying what I saw

dour faced fans and 2 auld woman trying to sell stuff 

young thugs setting fire to stadium 

you got it all 

If the fans weren't smiley enough for you then don't bother coming back.

Seems simple enough. And not really worth getting your knickers in a twist on an online forum about.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

If the fans weren't smiley enough for you then don't bother coming back.

Seems simple enough. And not really worth getting your knickers in a twist on an online forum about.

My gripe was the unfriendly nature of club

trued to buy a ticket and was practically shouted at.

plus I was making a point about your trust it’s useless and waste of fans money 

it’s not doing anything mate 

7 minutes ago, Daddycool said:

My gripe was the unfriendly nature of club

trued to buy a ticket and was practically shouted at.

plus I was making a point about your trust it’s useless and waste of fans money 

it’s not doing anything mate 

So you have a gripe about the club's customer service and, instead of emailing the club to complain, thought that some incoherent posts at 10pm on a fans forum were the way to highlight your concerns?

Quite what the Trust has to do with any of this I'm not quite sure, either.