Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I really hope we stick with Carlo at right back tbh, I think he’s more effective there than centre mid.

He is solid wherever he plays but I think I’d rather see carswell and Carlo than paton playing every week 

14 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Noticed Syvertsen and Hopkirk haven't been involved for a while - are they injured or just out of favour?

Always liked big Norway at Clyde but he just couldn't get himself a run of games, which was rubbish because he's obviously a talented laddie.

Hopkirk is taking time away from football and Syvertsen is injured. 

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Noticed Syvertsen and Hopkirk haven't been involved for a while - are they injured or just out of favour?

Always liked big Norway at Clyde but he just couldn't get himself a run of games, which was rubbish because he's obviously a talented laddie.

In a recent interview, Faz said something about speaking to Syvertsen's agent and said he probably won't play again for us. Said "it just hasn't worked out for the lad." So we are obviously trying to pay him off or whatever. With his record we should probably have given him a pay as you play deal...

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I really hope we stick with Carlo at right back tbh, I think he’s more effective there than centre mid.

Agreed. He's easily our best option there. He's not spectacular but very good on the ball, composed and more importantly reliable. 

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think his athleticism vastly outweighs his talent, so I’d have to agree. He’s fine in midfield but isn’t going to cause problems for other teams there.

McLean needs some time on the bench. He always plays on the edge, but when he isnt getting decisions then he gets frustrated and is liable to let us down rather than do something useful. Wylde will presumably be our first choice left back, unless we push him further forward, and maybe a guy like Orsi would be more reliable right now? Or another chance for Wilson?

Thought Duthie did well today. Carlo at right back is also worth sticking with.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Who's incoming? See the pen on the Sons twitter page? 

Ah Bronsky, kinda expected that after his game as trialist last week.

A few new faces in recently. Expecting a tougher game next week than when we last met the Sons at the Rock.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ah Bronsky, kinda expected that after his game as trialist last week.

A few new faces in recently. Expecting a tougher game next week than when we last met the Sons at the Rock.

Just a pity Wylde and Bronsky were unavailable today, never know we may have nicked it or extra time at least.

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Narrow loss but valiant effort against Prem opponents. Same scoreline as against the Dons last season. How were Dundee?

Worse than every team I've seen in our league this season, with the exception of East Fife (no disrespect).

2 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Worse than every team I've seen in our league this season, with the exception of East Fife (no disrespect).

Didn't expect that. Know they are struggling and their confidence is undoubtedly low but sounds like with 11 men you might well have caused an upset. Frustrating as a fan seeing indiscipline hamper your chance of a result.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Didn't expect that. Know they are struggling and their confidence is undoubtedly low but sounds like with 11 men you might well have caused an upset. Frustrating as a fan seeing indiscipline hamper your chance of a result.

Don't think anyone, who is giving an honest opinion, could argue that. With 11 men we would have had a decent chance today. For long spells we were the better side and Dundee look doomed unless the improve, tenfold.

26 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Having watched you boys on Thursday night without a few key players, I genuinely think you'd have seen off Dundee relatively comfortably.

They look like a side bereft of any confidence whatsoever...and with Cove flying, and having plenty of quality, I'd imagine you'd have had too much for them.

Pleased with Bronsky's signing based on his showing against East Fife. After the Airdrie game on January 2 Faz said he was after a keeper, RB, LB, CB and striker. So he now appears to have ticked every box.