Sons' sorrow

I know absolutely nothing about Joshua Oyinsan. But I'm very happy with his signing.

A natural striker, who is a total unknown up here, has a few goals to his name at a decent enough level and who will offer us a big presence up top. Sign me up.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I know absolutely nothing about Joshua Oyinsan. But I'm very happy with his signing.

A natural striker, who is a total unknown up here, has a few goals to his name at a decent enough level and who will offer us a big presence up top. Sign me up.

And his name easily amends to OneInSon.

Side note away from the transfer rumours. 

Obviously the club are choosing to go with keeping track of the numbers at the turnstile tomorrow…but what’s to stop say come 2.40pm there being 495 in the ground and then 10 or 15 season ticket holders turn up after that? Do they just not get in? 
There were 469 at the game in September and we haven't broken 400 in our last three home games (only one of which was during the 500 limit), so I think everyone that wants to attend will get in.

27 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Just watched about 20 seconds of a highlights video which included him winning a flick-on.

More seriously 5 goals from 12 is better than anyone we have on our books right now. No idea what the level of the National League South is like though.

Dulwich Hamlet (who also play in that league) are my local team, and I’m told by friends that watch them that the standard is pretty decent. They often get crowds over 3,000, so I’d reckon there’s a good chance the standard must be at least as good as our league.

I’d be hopeful he’s a useful addition.

Edited by FifeSons

I've seen a couple of National League South games this year (Dorking Wanderers) and the standard is more than decent. I would say higher fitness, skill and faster than our league.

All the teams have huge strikers because they have to - the defenders at that level take no prisoners.

Really excited by this.

8 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

I've seen a couple of National League South games this year (Dorking Wanderers) and the standard is more than decent. I would say higher fitness, skill and faster than our league.

All the teams have huge strikers because they have to - the defenders at that level take no prisoners.

Really excited by this.

U watch that YouTube thing on them? Their manager/owner Marc is a twat. 

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

U watch that YouTube thing on them? Their manager/owner Marc is a twat. 

He is an absolute lunatic. He is mega wealthy and has put a lot of money into them. He is chairman, coach and manager and is hugely entertaining. He regularly hits the players - once when his player was about to take a throw in. He has been sent off numerous times, commonly for going onto the pitch during the game to confront the referee.

They finished top in each of the last two seasons and were twice denied promotion due to Covid.

1.  He looks like a fkn bear…and Will no doubt bully defenders. I’m on board. 

2. How the fk is that in any ways linked to Ian Russell signed 1462 days ago 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Red said:

Is this you riddling shite now? It must have caught on!

Ooft, that was nasty Johnny, even I felt that 👊

But this week has seen a potentially decent bit of business by Stevie Farrell and the Board, so fair play for that.  This striker fella could be the biggest personality since Froxy - let's hope so