Sons' sorrow

58 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm going to start this post with a disclaimer. I am in no way ITK here and I've been thinking about this for a very long time, so long in fact that I've started to go slightly insane.

Getting a visa for a foreign player in the lower leagues is a bit impossible at the moment. So if it's international clearance then it's a British player playing out with Scotland. I know we had a lot of hassle getting Jaime Wilson's clearance through from the Aussie FA, and there are a few Scottish guys playing out there.

One of them is Jon McShane, who is apparently with Altona Magic. He would've worked with Faz at Stranraer when Aitken was the manager, he's 30 now - so a decent enough age - his signing would be left field, he's a striker and would require clearance but not a visa. Maybe he's wanting to come home for a spell to see family etc with Australia's border rules being what they are.

I have absolutely nothing to back any of that up. I don't even know if he's still playing. But, after hours of thinking, I've decided that it's definitely him.

If all of that proves to be correct then I'm quitting journalism to become a detective. 

Jon McShane would be super exciting.

Would imagine we have missed the boat on signing him before tomorrow’s game….especially now the preview is out. 

as for the preview…is it fair to presume Lamont is in the squad then? Or have I missed something in this front

38 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Derek Lyle 

Peterhead is quite far away but I don't think we'd require international clearance to sign one of their players. 

35 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Would imagine we have missed the boat on signing him before tomorrow’s game….especially now the preview is out. 

as for the preview…is it fair to presume Lamont is in the squad then? Or have I missed something in this front

I don't think Lamont is still with us, if he ever was. I assume it was some sort of social experiment that the DFC twitter was trying out when he was announced. 

33 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Does it really make any difference?? 😂

14 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m hearing this new striker may be of a very similar ilk to the signing of a striker we completed 1462 days ago…

13 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Na, more along the lines of 35 years old, currently retired.

Jeez louise, now hearing that oor Peter may be onto something and the deal for the old man is NOT a goer. 

Where is Isaac Layne plying his trade these days?

Just now, The Moonster said:

Peterhead is quite far away but I don't think we'd require international clearance to sign one of their players. 

I don't think Lamont is still with us, if he ever was. I assume it was some sort of social experiment that the DFC twitter was trying out when he was announced. 

He is listed on the website in the squad to be fair but has he been in a match day squad since pre season?

Doesn’t sound like we’re going to hear anything today then if the match preview didn’t mention anything.  

Surely to f**k we’re not going into this massive game against East Fife with even less attacking options than we had when the window started.  

Maybe it’ll be similar to Wylde where they’ll play as a trialist? Or am I clutching at straws 

3 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

He is listed on the website in the squad to be fair but has he been in a match day squad since pre season?

Alan Findlay is still listed on the website as the webmaster/editor but hasn't been for about 2 years now. Not sure the website is all that accurate. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

😆😆😆

didn’t realise he was still there my mistake 

1 hour ago, sonsism said:

Doesn’t sound like we’re going to hear anything today then if the match preview didn’t mention anything.  

Surely to f**k we’re not going into this massive game against East Fife with even less attacking options than we had when the window started.  

Maybe it’ll be similar to Wylde where they’ll play as a trialist? Or am I clutching at straws 

Pretty sure we need clearance to play trialists regardless of whether they are free agents or not. So the fact he's coming from down South would rule him out until clearance is granted. Sure @Skyline Drifter will be along shortly to clarify such rules. 

Side note away from the transfer rumours. 

Obviously the club are choosing to go with keeping track of the numbers at the turnstile tomorrow…but what’s to stop say come 2.40pm there being 495 in the ground and then 10 or 15 season ticket holders turn up after that? Do they just not get in? 

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Side note away from the transfer rumours. 

Obviously the club are choosing to go with keeping track of the numbers at the turnstile tomorrow…but what’s to stop say come 2.40pm there being 495 in the ground and then 10 or 15 season ticket holders turn up after that? Do they just not get in? 

Attendance would be 499 I assume  can't see them turning folk away.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I mean I love the speculation, and I wouldn't be excited about any of the names listed above. The rumoured incomer may turn out to be a flop but I just love the fact its not our standard lower league journeyman jobber looking for a final payday! 

Interesting. 

I’d heard chatter of a big striker from down south (National League). Is this our man?