Sons' sorrow

14 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Any news on incomings ??

11 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Farrell said there will be 2 coming in this week but unless they sign tomorrow we will actually be 2 doon come Saturday. 

Assuming we still train on Thursday nights I expected a couple of announcements tonight.

Aye Faz seemed relatively confident after the game on Sunday that he would have two in this week. I don't know if there's been a hitch, or if we're waiting until the last minute possible to announce (or at least until Falkirk have finished training for the day).

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s not looking like we’ll be adding to the squad before tomorrow. Disappointing

I think we have to recognise that Dumbarton is probably a hard sell right now, never mind the money aspect.  Football is like any other business and reputation will play a part.  I've been surprised there has been no mention of Syvertsen, and I really hope he's not this season's Rory Loy.

47 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think we have to recognise that Dumbarton is probably a hard sell right now, never mind the money aspect.  Football is like any other business and reputation will play a part.  I've been surprised there has been no mention of Syvertsen, and I really hope he's not this season's Rory Loy.

In that case the manager probably shouldn’t announce to the press that there will be two incoming before tomorrow’s game.

In that case the manager probably shouldn’t announce to the press that there will be two incoming before tomorrow’s game.
Reminiscent of another Stevie that managed us. Was it Ryan Porteous was going to come in loan before Aitken told the press it was happening and Lennon cancelled the deal?

36 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I have heard we will have at least 1 trialist playing tomorrow. 

Question is... is that just to make up the numbers or because we genuinely want to have a look at someone. Been plenty of time to have a look at free agents and get them in for training etc.

My guess is... Boris Melingui.

17 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Don’t know if if y’all have heard this but you’re apparently signing Gregg Wylde.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/former-rangers-star-join-dumbarton-25890122

Oh dear.

Maybe he's turned a corner since, but Gregg Wylde was absolutely hopeless when he was at Clyde a few seasons ago. Despite having just dropped out of the full-time game, he never achieved any proper level of fitness and was largely a passenger with very little evidence of the decent level at which he played not too long ago.

Edited by the_bully_wee

24 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Oh dear.

Maybe he's turned a corner since, but Gregg Wylde was absolutely hopeless when he was at Clyde a few seasons ago. Despite having just dropped out of the full-time game, he never achieved any proper level of fitness and was largely a passenger with very little evidence of the decent level at which he played not too long ago.

Help ma Boab.  Where has he been playing of late ?  Has he been playing ?  And why, given that our main problems are in the spine of the team, from back to front ?

39 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Don’t know if if y’all have heard this but you’re apparently signing Gregg Wylde.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/former-rangers-star-join-dumbarton-25890122

Are things that bad......

Question,  Looking some old football clips of the 70s and 80s.  Du!Barton appeared to play in White with black and gold trims,  The home strip over the last 10 years or so, Gold or yellow tops appear to be the norm for a home strip,  unusual for clubs to deviate so much colour wise,  so what is the official traditional home kit..

Dear or dear... Cannot see how he will be anywhere near sharp enough. Played around 20 games in 3 years and 2 since the start of the season it seems. That doesn't even mention whether he will be an improvement on anything we currently have in the squad. 

Also, a left sided full back is no use unless we plan to offload one of the 2 we already have... unless maybe he is playing further up the park.

Seems like desperate stuff from a team is a desperate situation really.

Just now, Mantis Toboggan said:

Is Syvertsen still kicking a baw for yous? Know he was injured again a while ago but wasn't sure if he was back or not

Indeed he is still injured. Seems all the warnings were 100% correct. Not even sure he has started a league game for us...

13 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Are things that bad......

Question,  Looking some old football clips of the 70s and 80s.  Du!Barton appeared to play in White with black and gold trims,  The home strip over the last 10 years or so, Gold or yellow tops appear to be the norm for a home strip,  unusual for clubs to deviate so much colour wise,  so what is the official traditional home kit..

This will always be a Sons kit to me. I hate the fact that we've moved away from it. It would be like you guys abaonding the Diamond. When you've got something iconic you should embrace it.

JS83682660.jpg

9 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Dear or dear... Cannot see how he will be anywhere near sharp enough. Played around 20 games in 3 years and 2 since the start of the season it seems. That doesn't even mention whether he will be an improvement on anything we currently have in the squad. 

Also, a left sided full back is no use unless we plan to offload one of the 2 we already have... unless maybe he is playing further up the park.

Seems like desperate stuff from a team is a desperate situation really.

He's been an almost ever-present for EK apparently this season.

Wylde joined Chris Aitken's side last year and has been a key player for Kilby in the fifth tier of Scottish football.

I'd imagine he'll be playing at left-back, although I'm not convinced he'll be an upgrade on Muir given he's been quiet handy in recent weeks. His deal is up this month though, so I'm guessing he'll maybe be the one to move on. Which would be a bit of a shame.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

I'd imagine he'll be playing at left-back, although I'm not convinced he'll be an upgrade on Muir given he's been quiet handy in recent weeks. His deal is up this month though, so I'm guessing he'll maybe be the one to move on. Which would be a bit of a shame.

Come on he’d be a massive upgrade on Muir! Honestly don’t think he’s been handy at all and looks way out of his depth - in possession and out

9 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Come on he’d be a massive upgrade on Muir! Honestly don’t think he’s been handy at all and looks way out of his depth - in possession and out

What is that based on? Muir hasn't been great, Boyle arguably worse. But who's to say Wylde is any better?