Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, cremola foam said:

Very informative, thank you. My question would be, can a golden shareholder block this? My ( limited) understanding is that there is suchfor Dumbarton Fc.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

A 75% majority of C share holders is needed for votes relating to either liquidation of the DFC company or sale/disposal/transfer of the heritable property. 

For voluntary liquidation? Sure. There's a very strong argument that the C shares would essentially prevent the owners from pursuing voluntary liquidation.

For compulsory liquidation? Unfortunately at that point there's little anybody can do to influence things.

22 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

For voluntary liquidation? Sure. There's a very strong argument that the C shares would essentially prevent the owners from pursuing voluntary liquidation.

For compulsory liquidation? Unfortunately at that point there's little anybody can do to influence things.

Yes of course, agreed.

17 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d tend to agree but I’m worried we’re lumped with Buchanan for the forseeable given he signed a two year deal. McKee is the same in that regard, although I still think he can do a job, we need the manager to get the best out of him. His set pieces for us were deadly a couple of years ago, yet we have guys like Paddy Boyle plodding up the park to take a corner. We have been really wasteful with set pieces recently as well, which is hugely frustrating.

I would put Buchanan in the same bracket as McKee, there is a good player in there, we have seen it but he isn’t performing the greatest at the moment but he still has pace and strength just makes silly mistakes.

Boyle unfortunately has lost his pace. So imo needs to go or be a substitute.

As crazy as it sounds I don’t think we are massively far off being a decent team. Some of our play before the penalty on Saturday was really good. The problem we have is people making basic mistakes and when we go a goal down the heads are gone.

FWIW the owner/board situation isn’t the greatest but this season I think the manager and players need to take responsibility on the poor form.

2 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Also just realised where’s Mark Lamont? 

it’s weird that we signed him last minute and I don’t think he has played on been on the bench at all. 

He played about 15 minutes as a sub at Firhill in July. But I've not even seen him around the stadium since then. A really odd one.

Looking at the squad, there's a fair amount that Faz could probably do to reshape things in January.

We don't need three goalkeepers, so Calum Erskine would probably be best moving on - on loan at least. Kirk McKnight has barely played so I'd be sending him back to Kilmarnock, Lamont, the less-spotted Kristoffer Syvertsen, Evan Maley (who hasn't played a single minute competitively) and Sam Muir could also be cut from the squad without anyone really noticing.

Assuming David Hopkirk is still deciding to take time away from football then I'd like to think an agreement could be reached to terminate his contract, taking us to a squad of 18. I also think Faz has a decision to make on big Ryan Schiavone. His deal is up in January and - although I've been quite impressed by him - he's clearly not doing enough to earn regular starts. And he's not scoring either. If he's going to be a sub for us then I'd hope Faz was looking around to see if there was an upgrade available.

Our priority areas have to be at centre-back, full-back and striker. One more attacking player (ideally an out and out striker), a right-back, left-back and centre-half would put us in a far stronger position. 

We've got plenty of options in centre-mid, we've got plenty of options wide, and we've got a decent few who can play as a forward - albeit not naturally. Tightening up the defence and adding something different going forward would make a huge difference.

The problem I see is that Mark Lamont, Sam Muir, Kirk McKnight and Evan Maley all cost us basically nothing - they're all on amateur terms with the exception of Lamont, are they not? It doesn't exactly free up budget to bring in one or two with more quality, Lamont will be on peanuts if we're paying him anything at all. I like Schiavone but I don't think he's a lone striker, wouldn't mind seeing McLean played up front with him, Schiavone doing the heavy lifting and McLean playing on the last man.

Goalkeeper (preferably one that will challenge The Bum), centre half, left back and an actual striker (not a "forward" that plays anywhere in the final third) would be the top priorities for me.

If McGeever is going to be out much longer I’d be targetting an experienced centre back. Despite Buchanan being 31 now he clearly needs talked through games much like he did the last time he was here.

As for a striker… Is big Anton Dowds featuring regularly for Arbroath? I think someone in that mould would really suit us.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If McGeever is going to be out much longer I’d be targetting an experienced centre back. Despite Buchanan being 31 now he clearly needs talked through games much like he did the last time he was here.

As for a striker… Is big Anton Dowds featuring regularly for Arbroath? I think someone in that mould would really suit us.

Featuring and scoring recently.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He’s been very good and would be happy to keep him either now or at the end of the season, nothing fancy And no frills but hard working good at holding it in and he Faces up and drives at defenders, when he gets going he’s pretty quick, be hard to play against. Scored 3 goals and has only been starting in recent weeks. 

1 minute ago, Thommo90 said:

5 points from a possible 33, and a minute away from being embarrassed by Sauchie.

Hopefully farrell was running off quickly there to resign.

Known the guy for 15 years....he's a fraud of a union man and iv now come to learn he's just as bad as a manager 

That’s enough for me. I don’t think he could have any complaints if he’s punted. Crowds must be pushing the lowest they’ve been in my lifetime (covid isn’t helping that but results and performances are the biggest killer) and that is without a doubt the worst defence I have had the displeasure of watching. 

I don’t trust Farrell to rectify it in January unfortunately, I’d probably rather someone else was given a chance to sort this mess out. 

If the players are indeed off to Newcastle tonight they are taking a massive risk with the Covid situation. I also hope they all have a shite night, the bunch of absolute shitebags they are.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Didn’t make today but our home firm has been shocking.

many fans had a dig about last season when we weren’t entertaining but didn’t lose a lot of goals . Expecting the level of forwards we’ve got to score multiples to win games is not on.

xan we afford as a club to get rid of faz and bring new manager and players in. I doubt it.

people have said but we’re playing ok. I’ve not seen that and anyway playing well doesn’t matter. You need points 

Just now, cedrick1 said:

many fans had a dig about last season when we weren’t entertaining but didn’t lose a lot of goals .

Last season was absolutely horrific as well, even if we didn’t conceded a lot. We were a bawhair away from relegation and it wasn’t good enough. If Faz can’t better than then there’s nae point in him being here.