Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I see David Hopkirk has decided to take a break from football for personal reasons but will remain under contract with ourselves. 

That's a shame. But I'm glad he's felt comfortable enough to make that decision rather than continue to play when his heart isn't in it - just as Sam Wardrop and Ryan Wallace have done this season.

He looked excellent at the start of the season but his form trailed off a fair bit. I hope he gets all the support he needs and is back producing performances like he did on the opening day at Broadwood when the time is right.

24 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Hearing we may have a couple covid issues for Saturday to compile the suspension and injuries. Space on the bench for a couple fat old fans maybe? 🙈

It's okay, we can play trialists so we just need Henning to tap into his global scouting network and source us a couple of bodies for a week or two. 

Fat Laugh GIFs | Tenor

Is that much to worry about? John Steele, with all due respect, is an old man and deserves his retirement. Him being replaced by a lifelong Sons fan and current director doesn't concern me much. If he'd been replaced by some Norwegian patsy I'd be bricking it, but this seems quite natural, no?

Lol is that it? A chairman moves on replaced by another. 
All that build up for that! Do you give it that much build up in the bedroom? Your wife must be thrilled......🤣[emoji85]

I liked that one I must admit. Unfortunately I have been know to promise her things on a mount Vesuvius scale.

I am just surprised that fans will read this and take it at face value, not thinking for a minute that things are not all what they seem. Sometimes it’s good to scratch beneath the surface.

13 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

I liked that one I must admit. Unfortunately I have been know to promise her things on a mount Vesuvius scale.

I am just surprised that fans will read this and take it at face value, not thinking for a minute that things are not all what they seem. Sometimes it’s good to scratch beneath the surface.

You said you'd rather the news was put out on official channels, it's now out and you're saying there's a hidden message we need to figure out ourselves. Will we ever be told or should we hire a detective to question Dr Neil on his intentions? 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You said you'd rather the news was put out on official channels, it's now out and you're saying there's a hidden message we need to figure out ourselves. Will we ever be told or should we hire a detective to question Dr Neil on his intentions? 

The Supporters Trust have sent out a letter about yesterday's announcement, and reading that I don't think it is Dr Neil's intentions you need to worry about.

7 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

The Supporters Trust have sent out a letter about yesterday's announcement, and reading that I don't think it is Dr Neil's intentions you need to worry about.

I haven't had sight of that yet, albeit a letter sounds so 19th century.

Could someone summarise the main talking points?

9 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

Like George Parr, I've not received a letter or an email to either of my email addresses, nor has there been a post on the Trust website since June 2020. In which manner was this letter communicated?