Sons' sorrow

Sad news about Billy Lamont clicky I was too young to appreciate his first spell but teenage me absolutely loved his second coming culminating in the 1992 title win and consolidation the following season. My second favourite manager behind Ian Murray.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Sad news about Billy Lamont clicky I was too young to appreciate his first spell but teenage me absolutely loved his second coming culminating in the 1992 title win and consolidation the following season. My second favourite manager behind Ian Murray.

Very sad news indeed.

It was his squad building and work that got us into the Premier, when he left just before promotion all Davie Wilson had to do was come in and keep the ship steady.

Football under him was excellent.

Edited by Boghead ranter

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Extremely sad news for the Bairns too.

RIP Billy.

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of ownership the Trust have been very quiet for a while. We haven’t had an update from them since June and that was a statement opposing colts. 

It feels like they have gone from being really pro-active on ownership matters to mostly just silence. Given that we have an elected representative on the board I’d expect a little bit more clarity on what’s goingon/what they are pushing for in terms of communcation from our mute owners. Obviously a lot of stuff can’t be made public but a wee update wouldn’t go a miss. It almost just feels like the rep is just another board member rather than a fans rep tbh, plenty of showing face for photo opportunities and the likes but very little actual communicating with the supporters who they are supposed to be representing.

4 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

I really don’t need to back anything up. You’ll hear about departures in due course I’m sure.

So you don't actually know whats happening then? And simply want to appear as if you do on an internet forum?

Whatever tilts yer kilt.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

On the subject of ownership the Trust have been very quiet for a while. We haven’t had an update from them since June and that was a statement opposing colts. 

It feels like they have gone from being really pro-active on ownership matters to mostly just silence. Given that we have an elected representative on the board I’d expect a little bit more clarity on what’s goingon/what they are pushing for in terms of communcation from our mute owners. Obviously a lot of stuff can’t be made public but a wee update wouldn’t go a miss. It almost just feels like the rep is just another board member rather than a fans rep tbh, plenty of showing face for photo opportunities and the likes but very little actual communicating with the supporters who they are supposed to be representing.

I can understand your frustrations but as a Trust Board member I can hopefully address some of them.  As regards communications, a newsletter dated 20th June was sent to the membership, followed by a short statement dated 14th July which was in response to an Email sent to the Trust from an individual based overseas who was making claims which may have locus to the takeover of DFC by Cognitive Capital Ltd.  In addition, on 1st July the Trust Chair, the Community Director and myself had a Zoom meeting with Henning Kristofferson, joint owner of Cognitive.

But you are correct, we are overdue another briefing to the members but I can assure you that a great deal of background work has been going on in the interim, mostly of our own account as the Board of Directors of DFC has in my opinion not shown a similar appetite.  As regards the takeover, we have concerns, very real concerns, about both individuals and their intentions, and you can expect another Trust communication soon.

Finally, there seems to be a view that the Trust is akin to a well-oiled political machine - it is not.  In any volunteer organisation there is usually only a handful of people willing and able to do the 'hard stuff' with others making a valuable contribution in other ways.  Please bear that in mind.  Anyone who thought that they had seen the last of Brabco's dream had better wake up and smell the coffee - it hasn't, but we'll continue to try and uphold the well-being of the football club.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

But you are correct, we are overdue another briefing to the members but I can assure you that a great deal of background work has been going on in the interim, mostly of our own account as the Board of Directors of DFC has in my opinion not shown a similar appetite. 

I think that's the most alarming thing I've read yet. What's happened? Have the board been charmed by Henning and Co, or are they punch drunk from battering away so much Brabco shite that they've no fight left in them?

On 19/10/2021 at 16:57, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I can understand your frustrations but as a Trust Board member I can hopefully address some of them.  As regards communications, a newsletter dated 20th June was sent to the membership, followed by a short statement dated 14th July which was in response to an Email sent to the Trust from an individual based overseas who was making claims which may have locus to the takeover of DFC by Cognitive Capital Ltd.  In addition, on 1st July the Trust Chair, the Community Director and myself had a Zoom meeting with Henning Kristofferson, joint owner of Cognitive.

But you are correct, we are overdue another briefing to the members but I can assure you that a great deal of background work has been going on in the interim, mostly of our own account as the Board of Directors of DFC has in my opinion not shown a similar appetite.  As regards the takeover, we have concerns, very real concerns, about both individuals and their intentions, and you can expect another Trust communication soon.

Finally, there seems to be a view that the Trust is akin to a well-oiled political machine - it is not.  In any volunteer organisation there is usually only a handful of people willing and able to do the 'hard stuff' with others making a valuable contribution in other ways.  Please bear that in mind.  Anyone who thought that they had seen the last of Brabco's dream had better wake up and smell the coffee - it hasn't, but we'll continue to try and uphold the well-being of the football club.

Many thanks for your endeavours. Appreciate what you are doing.