Sons' sorrow

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Really do think we should offer Wilson another year. He's been saying he loves it here so strike while the iron is hot. 

Agreed. It would give us the chance to get a bit of money for him if someone came along next summer. Cracking player

9 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Agreed. It would give us the chance to get a bit of money for him if someone came along next summer. Cracking player

I think with him being under 21 the act of offering him a deal would ensure cash if he left anyway, not much in development fees right enough but we should do all we can to try and keep him. He gets better every week. 

20 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Did you go to the game Dougie?

Surely with it being in your backyard you went along to cheer on The Sons?

What end were you in?

Was Bairnardo sat on your knee?

I was working, unfortunately 😕

Or maybe fortunately,  seeing as they won when I wasn't there!

Now sitting in a house full of FFC fans, trying not to gloat too much, so that my cock is still attached when I wake up tomorrow.  

Be interested to hear an update on Stokes injury when available. I thought he might've potentially been one of those players who arrives and disappears without doing anything but a few of things Faz has said in recent weeks has intrigued me. Faz said something like "we know why he hasn't been playing" after Stokes scored his header last week and then said on Saturday that they felt he was developing the way they wanted but will now be set back with the injury. A few interesting choices of words there for me. Hopefully it's not too bad and we can see more of him, the more players we have knocking on the door for a start the better. 

EDIT - Also, McGeever disclosing that the players call Edin Lynch "Seabiscuit" on account of his running style is brilliant. 

Edited by The Moonster

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Be interested to hear an update on Stokes injury when available. I thought he might've potentially been one of those players who arrives and disappears without doing anything but a few of things Faz has said in recent weeks has intrigued me. Faz said something like "we know why he hasn't been playing" after Stokes scored his header last week and then said on Saturday that they felt he was developing the way they wanted but will now be set back with the injury. A few interesting choices of words there for me. Hopefully it's not too bad and we can see more of him, the more players we have knocking on the door for a start the better. 

"We had just got Stokesy to where we wanted him to be. He's been excellent in the past two weeks, and you saw again how sharp he was today when he came on.

"He's rolled his ankle unfortunately, so that looks to be him out for a bit." That was Faz after Saturday.

He had said he wanted him to work on his game without the ball, which is why he wasn't in the team for a good wee while. He said that he'd done that "taken his medicine" and had really caught his eye over the past few games. 

He added: “Eoghan was excellent.

“Me and Stokesy know why he’s not been in the team. He’s had to go and take his medicine on that. But he’s shown the other side of the game.

“He’s working really, really hard in training. He’s working on his game without the ball and being aware when we’re out of possession.

“In the last six weeks he’s worked incredibly hard on that and now he’s getting his rewards. I thought he was terrific when he came on.”

I definitely think there's a good player there. Especially if he can work a bit on his strength. His touch is gorgeous and he looks like he's got a decent knack of popping up with goals from midfield. It's just a shame for him that A) He's picked up this injury and B) We have a lot of quality in his position.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

"We had just got Stokesy to where we wanted him to be. He's been excellent in the past two weeks, and you saw again how sharp he was today when he came on.

"He's rolled his ankle unfortunately, so that looks to be him out for a bit." That was Faz after Saturday.

He had said he wanted him to work on his game without the ball, which is why he wasn't in the team for a good wee while. He said that he'd done that "taken his medicine" and had really caught his eye over the past few games. 

I definitely think there's a good player there. Especially if he can work a bit on his strength. His touch is gorgeous and he looks like he's got a decent knack of popping up with goals from midfield. It's just a shame for him that A) He's picked up this injury and B) We have a lot of quality in his position.

All very encouraging, aside from the injury obviously. I worried a wee bit that Stokes may have had an attitude problem but it sounds like Faz has set the challenge and he's risen to it. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All very encouraging, aside from the injury obviously. I worried a wee bit that Stokes may have had an attitude problem but it sounds like Faz has set the challenge and he's risen to it. 

I have a feeling, and it's nothing more than that (I've only spoken to him once, just after he signed) that he might've been a bit down in the dumps at being stuck on the bench again after last season.

It sounds like he maybe asked Faz what he could do to force his way into the side, and he told him, which he's responded positively to. Hopefully the ankle roll isn't too bad and he can be back soon - he's definitely a decent option to have. As are most members of the squad to be fair. Which is a lovely feeling.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

1 minute ago, Bankies Alive said:

Cracking day for us on Saturday beating Dalkeith 7-0 in front of 820 paying fans.

Decent draw getting Elgin at home even though we’ll be underdogs.

Didn’t fancy playing you anyway,you’re going too well!!

Never say never my friend. I’m sure every Sons fan will be hoping you manage to get past Elgin, setting us up for a glorious return to proper derby football in West Dunbartonshire. 

Good to hear there was a healthy crowd there for the first round.

4 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Cracking day for us on Saturday beating Dalkeith 7-0 in front of 820 paying fans.

Big teams don't enter until the next round 😉

Good luck against Elgin. It's a really tough tie, but also one that's winnable. Especially at Holm Park.

I've a gut feeling we're going to draw each other in the Cup this year. So I've every confidence you'll brush aside the teuchters.

Good luck. There's only one team I want to knock you out this year.