Sons' sorrow

On 10/09/2021 at 12:46, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Pretty sure we offer that option when paying for something in the reception area so god knows why that can’t be arranged for the bar or the turnstiles. Most other businesses are encouraging people not to use cash at the minute.

The bar has a card machine

Real shame the attendance was only 469 today. That's incredibly poor for a Saturday 3pm kick off in decent weather, and after a good result up at Montrose.

Hopefully the start to the season encourages a few more folk back along. I had hoped being locked out for a season might encourage some good turnouts. But that hasn't been the case at all.

38 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Real shame the attendance was only 469 today. That's incredibly poor for a Saturday 3pm kick off in decent weather, and after a good result up at Montrose.

Hopefully the start to the season encourages a few more folk back along. I had hoped being locked out for a season might encourage some good turnouts. But that hasn't been the case at all.

I think a lot of folk were already apprehensive about all things COVID with returning to games. With the fact West Dunbartonshire has been near or at the top of the list for the the whole country for the last few weeks and the announcement of vaccine passports thus week I think a few will be staying away a while longer.

Likewise with the supporters buses. I can't see them filling up until things are much more under control. Whether that is this season nobody even knows. It is very hard to distance on a bus/coach and you don't know how everyone else on the bus is behaving with regards to keeping themselves safe and subsequently everyone else who would be travelling with them.

Edited by squeezebox-son

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

I think a lot of folk were already apprehensive about all things COVID with returning to games. With the fact West Dunbartonshire has been near or at the top of the list for the the whole country for the last few weeks and the announcement of vaccine passports thus week I think a few will be staying away a while longer.

Likewise with the supporters buses. I can't see them filling up until things are much more under control. Whether that is this season nobody even knows. It is very hard to distance on a bus/coach and you don't know how everyone else on the bus is behaving with regards to keeping themselves safe and subsequently everyone else who would be travelling with them.

There's a lot of truth in this, and we also need to assess the number of people who would normally be there who are currently streaming the games.  I was never convinced that folk would be banging down the doors anyway, and especially at Dumbarton where the football over the last eighteen months or so has been pretty grim to watch.

It also has to be said that after the initial announcement of the takeover in early May, there has been next to no meaningful communication since; in fact it's worse than that as people realise that it's the same speculative Brabco plan in a different wrapper.  The best hope meantime is that the team can continue the so far very decent start to the league campaign and locals begin to get behind it by attending home games.

17 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Huge day for us at the Bankies tomorrow  when we take on Dalkeith in the 1st Round of the Scottish Cup.

One step closer to the return of our local derby hopefully 😀

I have a gut feeling that we'll play each other in the Scottish Cup this year. I've felt it since the Bankies secured their place in it.

You'll be far too strong for Dalkeith. Should be a cracking atmosphere. It really feels like the town is getting behind the Bankies at the moment - something that hasn't felt the case for years in G82.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5083
Home strip and stadium being sponsored by moreroom.com

A definite whiff of Brabco mk2 about this too.

Eta It took four steps on companies house from moreroom to Cognitive capital. Hopefully they'll be paying the going rate for both sponsorships but I have my doubts.

Moreroom Extensions has Lyndsey Warrington as a current director and Craig Jackson as a previous director.

Both have been directors with Cheshiregate Property along with current director Neil Dermott.

Neil Dermott is a director of Dumbarton Football Club.

Some serious questions have to be asked of the owners.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Moreroom Extensions has Lyndsey Warrington as a current director and Craig Jackson as a previous director.

Both have been directors with Chechiregate Property along with current director Neil Dermott.

Neil Dermott is a director of Dumbarton Football Club.

Some serious questions have to be asked of the owners.

building dredge GIF by SWR Kindernetz