Sons' sorrow

Isaac Layne - was he released from the Sons in the summer after his second spell which was prohibited with injury?

* Just remembered he was on loan from Peterhead

He did well for you 2019-2020. Rate him? Good enough for a return to L1? He's had more clubs than Tiger Woods it seems which seems to suggest he's an enigma at best.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Isaac Layne - was he released from the Sons in the summer after his second spell which was prohibited with injury?

He did well for you 2019-2020. Rate him? Good enough for a return to L1? He's had more clubs than Tiger Woods it seems which seems to suggest he's an enigma at best.

He's inconsistent. And injury prone. If he gets a good run of games where things are going well then he'll score some goals. I've never been convinced by him and wouldn't have him in my team.

9 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

He's inconsistent. And injury prone. If he gets a good run of games where things are going well then he'll score some goals. I've never been convinced by him and wouldn't have him in my team.

Along the lines of what I was thinking too and what I can remember of him at Dumbarton and Peterhead of late. I'm sure I saw him at Glebe Park back when he was on loan at Brechin.

I think he's still a free agent and suspect he'll find his way to a club in the coming weeks.

10 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

And his Twitter's absolutely shite.

6 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

That was the only one I could find, possibly the only other time it has happened?

Quite possibly although there were a few capped players in the 19th century when we were one of the best teams in the country. I've got a book detailing all Scotland fixtures up to 2001 (I think). I'll dig it out and have a look when I get home.

23 minutes ago, microdave said:

Quite possibly although there were a few capped players in the 19th century when we were one of the best teams in the country. I've got a book detailing all Scotland fixtures up to 2001 (I think). I'll dig it out and have a look when I get home.

Yeah, I meant post black and white world

Is there any reason that we seem to be the only business who are still not accepting contactless card payments?

Every wee roll shop, pub, cafe or coffee shop in the town accepts contactless payments but I need to get cash out if I want a pie or a beer at the ground. Not the end of the world but it would be nice if we upgraded the services a wee bit, it can't be too cost heavy given the shops that offer the service. 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is there any reason that we seem to be the only business who are still not accepting contactless card payments?

Every wee roll shop, pub, cafe or coffee shop in the town accepts contactless payments but I need to get cash out if I want a pie or a beer at the ground. Not the end of the world but it would be nice if we upgraded the services a wee bit, it can't be too cost heavy given the shops that offer the service. 

Pretty sure we offer that option when paying for something in the reception area so god knows why that can’t be arranged for the bar or the turnstiles. Most other businesses are encouraging people not to use cash at the minute.