Sons' sorrow

Has anyone else had much success emailing the office email address for the club? I'm trying to confirm they definitely have me on the list for the Pixellot streaming after my issues last weekend, and I'm getting much the same radio silence as I did when trying to sort a season ticket out via email.

Edited by GordyBrow

26 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Has anyone else had much success emailing the office email address for the club? I'm trying to confirm they definitely have me on the list for the Pixellot streaming after my issues last weekend, and I'm getting much the same radio silence as I did when trying to sort a season ticket out via email.

@sarti pooh could probably help you out with this.

2 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

I see Neil Parry has been freed by Alloa.

I wonder if Faz might be exploring the possibility of a move for him…. 👀

I’d take Parry in a heartbeat but I can’t see Faz signing a 3rd keeper unless one of them is crocked. If we have any spare wage budget sitting there then I’d be prioritising signing an actual striker.

39 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Our new shirt sponsors are the owners. I seriously doubt they're paying for it

I was about to say that I suppose this shows that they might be willing to actually put money into the club, but if they're just firing their company on the top because they can then they can f**k off. 

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d take Parry in a heartbeat but I can’t see Faz signing a 3rd keeper unless one of them is crocked. If we have any spare wage budget sitting there then I’d be prioritising signing an actual striker.

I agree that an out and out striker is priority number 1.

I’d heard Parry’s name mentioned a few weeks ago and wondering if his release means something is coming to fruition.

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

Our new shirt sponsors are the owners. I seriously doubt they're paying for it

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was about to say that I suppose this shows that they might be willing to actually put money into the club, but if they're just firing their company on the top because they can then they can f**k off. 

Definite shades of Bet Butler about this. I suppose there is the consolation that it's only for the away top and that we might get a better deal from the home kit and stadium name.

On 26/08/2021 at 14:36, GordyBrow said:

Has this been sorted for you yet?

On 27/08/2021 at 12:50, THE CHOSEN SON said:

I’d heard Parry’s name mentioned a few weeks ago and wondering if his release means something is coming to fruition.

I'm wondering if Faz can conjure something before Tuesdays' deadline.  Orsi's workrate has been superb but hr badly needs a strike partner.  Worth trying Schiavone from the start if we don't sign anyone ?

11 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

I'm wondering if Faz can conjure something before Tuesdays' deadline.  Orsi's workrate has been superb but hr badly needs a strike partner.  Worth trying Schiavone from the start if we don't sign anyone ?

Given the success of pairing McLean and Orsi together up front on Saturday, and Orsi's comments about how we'd been working on that as a partnership in training, I don't think you'll see us bring in another striker. The more important thing for me would be getting the mix of players behind them correct - I understand Pignatiello and Lynch being used on the right side to try and nullify the likes of Lyons and Steeves but you can't use two defensive minded players down that side every week. It also begs the question that if we're only playing with two central midfielders, which two do you play?

I'm glad Faz tried something different at the weekend and it paid off. Gives me hope that he won't just persist with things if it's not getting results unlike Duffy. The task remains fitting the players we have into the most effective system and he'll need to make some big calls and perhaps drop some favourites to achieve that. 

On 27/08/2021 at 12:50, THE CHOSEN SON said:

is norway injured again or just homesick