Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Just put a silent stream out, naecunt is watching anyway. 

There's a joke to be made here about a silent stream being more listenable than our usual content. So I'm just making it early before someone else jumps in.

I'm sure the thousands of Rangers fans who will be locked out by our tiny capacity will flock to the stream. After all the Colt teams are great for attendance numbers I've been told...

Astounded at the team Faz has put out tonight. I’d have been resting as many as possible whilst getting minutes in the bank for Paton, Syvertson, Duthie, Schiavone and Wilson. 

Seems completely bonkers to be risking half that team in a game and competition that very few fans care about.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Astounded at the team Faz has put out tonight. I’d have been resting as many as possible whilst getting minutes in the bank for Paton, Syvertson, Duthie, Schiavone and Wilson. 

Seems completely bonkers to be risking half that team in a game and competition that very few fans care about.

I've paid my fee and am looking forward to seeing a fairly full strength Sons side! Hoping for a big home win against Sevco colts.

Interested to see MacLean and Hopkirk and how they link with Orsi.

34 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm surprised too. We may well see this as a cup competition we could go far in, but with colt teams involved I just can't get excited about it.

Would be a far better tournament if they ran if for tiers 3-6. Dumbarton v Clydebank or the likes of Pollok v Queens Park would be far more interesting games. Colts should be nowhere near Scottish football.

14 hours ago, PWL said:

The blue pound in action. Couple of hundred I'd guess. 

Pic from Twitter account @levengroveP

20210811_203137.thumb.jpg.1dd227b9f55d51d792cdabc05db12815.jpg

Can someone remind me which absolute diddy on Sportsound claimed these colt teams would be followed to away games in their thousands. Collins? Levein? Dodds? Ferguson? 

Nice summer evening. Sevco not playing. Less than 15 miles from Glasgow. Cheap entry. And that's it? Get these B sides out of this cup and the lowland league and squarely to f**k 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Last night was an odd one. For the first 25 minutes or so we looked totally disinterested, let the Rangers children play through us and looked like we'd be in for a bit of a hiding in all honesty. Faz was furious about the lack of a press in that spell.

After that we came into things and were on top, we created some decent chances - and then missed them, Rangers were pretty clinical when chances came their way. Albeit Callum Erskine did make an absolutely terrific save.

Then wee Callum Wilson came on and totally changed the game in our favour. He was ripping the piss out of the Rangers right-back, his touch was gorgeous and he was whipping some great balls into the area. His free-kick set up the first, his mazy run set up the second. He needs to start on Saturday imo.

I'm not reading too much into the result or the performance; but a few key points jumped out. 

Negatively we are conceding far too many goals, and are looking iffy. Erskine was at fault for the second, but was totally exposed for the other two. We can't keep going two/three goals down in a game and expect to take something.

Two positives jumped out though; firstly that's the second game in a row where Faz has made changes and they've had an impact. Wilson setting up two goals, Stokes getting a goal (he looked tidy when he came on) and big Norway almost equalising but for a sensational Leon King block.

The second is that we're creating chances. Yes we're a bit open at the back, but chances are flowing at a rate we didn't see under Duffy after his first season. We need to be more clinical, but we have some decent attacking options and always look a threat - which is a nice change.

Delighted to see the majority of fans stay away, Just 259 folk at the Rock - a record low attendance for a competitive, open door home game at the stadium. It looks like there isn't the appetite for Colt Teams after all...who knew.

I don't particularly blame the players for being disinterested - who the f**k is interested in this shit? Understand Faz will want to see standards met at all times but I'd rather we just pulled out of this cup in future, if other teams can pick and choose then I'd rather we left it out next season. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't particularly blame the players for being disinterested - who the f**k is interested in this shit? Understand Faz will want to see standards met at all times but I'd rather we just pulled out of this cup in future, if other teams can pick and choose then I'd rather we left it out next season. 

As long as the colt teams are involved then I'd much prefer we didn't enter. As you pointed out previously, we should have played Dumbarton United youngsters for their development since that's the argument being used. 

I'm against colt teams. I'd be happy to see the club refuse to play colts teams and forfeit any game in this cup where we're drawn against them. That said, if we were to get to a semi final against a colt side then would anybody want us to forfeit the chance of making a cup final just to prove a point? Similarly from a football fan viewpoint I don't like our ground being used by a colt team but from a financial one there's no doubt that the club would be crazy to refuse money for the use of the ground. There's no nice solution here. The only thing we can do as fans is not attend games like last night and hope that they're few and far between.

One for the over 40s 

Someone on twitter is trying to sell this top for £350 as a match worn kit. 

I'm pretty sure this is the Supporters team kit from mid/late 80s though. Can any of the wise old heads confirm? 

20210812_112738.thumb.jpg.6f79762f5e5c600e884392d43275cf36.jpg20210812_112743.thumb.jpg.4ab2696b4788a75050841d05a11c2e6b.jpg

9 minutes ago, PWL said:

One for the over 40s 

I'm pretty sure this is the Supporters team kit from mid/late 80s though. Can any of the wise old heads confirm? 

20210812_112738.thumb.jpg.6f79762f5e5c600e884392d43275cf36.jpg20210812_112743.thumb.jpg.4ab2696b4788a75050841d05a11c2e6b.jpg

It doesn't tie with any kits I can see on Historical Kits. Thermal K-Shield was the sponsor of the first team in 86-87 but it was made by Umbro, not Matsudo. You could be right that it's a cheap remake of the actual kit made for a Supporters team, in any case it's not worth 3 ton. A '79 Umbro kit I would maybe fork out that sort of dough.

1 hour ago, PWL said:

One for the over 40s 

The yellow badge and being made by Matsudo tell me that's not an official DFC kit, imo.

Plus it looks yellowier than the Thermal K Shield strip was.