Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Are clubs going to be allowed to continue to stream even although fans are being allowed back to grounds?

Yes.

It totally makes sense too, as lower League clubs have plenty of fans spread all over,  unable to get to games.

I think the streaming is a great thing 

The most refreshing thing about today is not playing hoofball. Seeing us play the ball on the deck is pleasing, as is our ability to actually score goals. Five goals in two games when it took eight games to achieve that last season is night and day stuff.

39 minutes ago, microdave said:

The most refreshing thing about today is not playing hoofball. Seeing us play the ball on the deck is pleasing, as is our ability to actually score goals. Five goals in two games when it took eight games to achieve that last season is night and day stuff.

I mean, we were way off the pace for most of today and but for the sending off would probably not have scored at all. We certainly need another creative option in the form of a goalscorer. We missed McKee a lot today and were doing lots of the basics poorly.

But I agree, that game last year finishes with us gaining zero points, regardless of a sending off for the opposition. 

11 hours ago, microdave said:

We're a football team this year, no doubt. It's also telling during goal celebrations that those on the pitch feel like a team too. I get the distinct impression a lot of guys realised the long, hard slog they were in for last year and didn't enjoy their season playing Duffyball. McGeever barely ever aimlessly punts it now, Quitongo or Wardrop never played a long ball all day either - Duffy is a truly awful tactician. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We're a football team this year, no doubt. It's also telling during goal celebrations that those on the pitch feel like a team too. I get the distinct impression a lot of guys realised the long, hard slog they were in for last year and didn't enjoy their season playing Duffyball. McGeever barely ever aimlessly punts it now, Quitongo or Wardrop never played a long ball all day either - Duffy is a truly awful tactician. 

Just to add to this. Last season we didn't have a multiball system with balls on cones etc around the park like most other teams did. Yesterday I think every ballkid had a ball and we were keen to get the game going as quickly as possible.

There's no question that we're still work in progress, but you really cannot fault the style of football Faz is trying to play. Little things like that highlight just how anti-football we were last season. I don't think I fully appreciated just how bad things had got.

What’s the script with streaming Sons games. If you have a season ticket is it part of the deal? If so how do you use it? 

Yes, the streaming is free to season ticket holders.

https://dumbartonfc.univtec.com/

Log in using the e mail address you gave to the club when buying your season ticket.

As a season ticket holder, after logging in on a home match day, you simply click on the game and away you go.

Good luck [emoji106]

34 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yet you still had a more enjoyable season than Falkirk fans did.

We absolutely did not. We were subjected to some of the worst football you will ever see and if it wasn’t for Joe McKee we’d have been far worse off. We may have finished 6th but it was brutal.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We absolutely did not. We were subjected to some of the worst football you will ever see and if it wasn’t for Joe McKee we’d have been far worse off. We may have finished 6th but it was brutal.

Yep, it was just the beginning of a grim grim season.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We absolutely did not. We were subjected to some of the worst football you will ever see and if it wasn’t for Joe McKee and Regan Tumilty we’d have been far worse off. We may have finished 6th but it was brutal.

Fixed that for you (slightly). Little did we know that Duffy was about to out Duffy himself the following season and somehow contrive to make us more brutal. 

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

I think its Jay Charleston King a Hearts youth team player. He's a striker, we need one. The peep show meme of Alan Johnson. He worked at J(ay) BL and he was a loan manager. f**k me I'm clutching here

:lol:

I think @sarti pooh is just a Peep Show fan, it's not the first one we've used. Does look like a loan from Hearts though.