Sons' sorrow

Glad to see away fans are being allowed into the next game although seems crazy that we still can’t get a card machine to make it easier for walk up fans. The Clyde game was nice and easy, walk up tap card and walk in. Time for us to get into the 21st century.

12 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Glad to see away fans are being allowed into the next game although seems crazy that we still can’t get a card machine to make it easier for walk up fans. The Clyde game was nice and easy, walk up tap card and walk in. Time for us to get into the 21st century.

Well, no doubt that was true, until it stopped working about 10-15 minutes before kick-off.

2 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Well, no doubt that was true, until it stopped working about 10-15 minutes before kick-off.

You must have been next to me in the queue, lionel, we were shifted from one gate to the next then back to the original one. Was a bit of a pain but thankfully the only thing I missed was the minute silence. 

I see we are using an amateur ‘keeper tomorrow in the squad. Not just an amateur ‘keeper though, a Sunday league ‘keeper….. 

No disrespect to the lad, but that’s not the level we should be plucking players from. (I’m saying this as a Sunday league player myself).

3 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

I see we are using an amateur ‘keeper tomorrow in the squad. Not just an amateur ‘keeper though, a Sunday league ‘keeper….. 

No disrespect to the lad, but that’s not the level we should be plucking players from. (I’m saying this as a Sunday league player myself).

To be fair assuming Sam only found out today that he was having to isolate, and with the serious amateur season starting on Saturday (or at least Dumbarton Accies is), I suspect we were left with some seriously limited options.

If the rain in G82 is anything like it is in G14 right now mind you there's not a chance this game will go ahead.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

To be fair assuming Sam only found out today that he was having to isolate, and with the serious amateur season starting on Saturday (or at least Dumbarton Accies is), I suspect we were left with some seriously limited options.

If the rain in G82 is anything like it is in G14 right now mind you there's not a chance this game will go ahead.

Just been short but heavy bursts of rain here. I sincerely hope the game's not in any risk when we've just had 6 weeks of pure sun shine. 

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Just been short but heavy bursts of rain here. I sincerely hope the game's not in any risk when we've just had 6 weeks of pure sun shine. 

It's absolutely mental here. Dumbarton Road went from dry to being a river within about 15 minutes.

PXL_20210806_154435397_MP.thumb.jpg.7564eea0cedd9492254cf65eb0b26b3a.jpg

Edited by Jan Vojáček

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It’s a good point. But surely the likes of your younger brother or someone of that ilk on an emergency loan is do-able at short notice.

Again, no disrespect to the lad we’ve got in - but having seen him play as recently as last weekend, I know what we’re getting.

Fair enough - we’re only getting him in to fill a spot on the bench so maybe I’m overreacting a little here. 

5 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

It’s a good point. But surely the likes of your younger brother or someone of that ilk on an emergency loan is do-able at short notice.

Again, no disrespect to the lad we’ve got in - but having seen him play as recently as last weekend, I know what we’re getting.

Fair enough - we’re only getting him in to fill a spot on the bench so maybe I’m overreacting a little here. 

Wee Jan is on the bench for the Bankies tomorrow unfortunately. Otherwise I would've been straight onto Faz offering his services! 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Nah, if it's like last season they just link your email to your season ticket and the game shows for you once logged in. 

Tried it but its asking me for an access code.  Il send them a message to get me linked up.