Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

With Airdrie losing heavily at home today, it would be great to replicate our showing today, next week.

Our pitch though.

It would indeed, and I notice that Salim Kouider Aissa was substituted today due to injury after 48 minutes.  On our side, it would be nice if Joe McKee was able to make it.

11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It would indeed, and I notice that Salim Kouider Aissa was substituted today due to injury after 48 minutes.  On our side, it would be nice if Joe McKee was able to make it.

For sure.

Just imagine...2 wins on the spin for The Sons, one can dream. 

Fingers crossed 

11 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Faz suggesting McKee will be fine for next week, he felt a "twinge" and we didn't risk him any further.

38 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

For sure.

Just imagine...2 wins on the spin for The Sons, one can dream. 

Fingers crossed 

One can only imagine.

it was nice to see us actually play some football yesterday. Very rarely was there a panic blast away. We stayed calm and played it about.

Excluding rattling the ball of a Clyde player close to his goal I though the GK had a fairly quiet game, doing what he needed with minimal fuss. 

It would be pretty stupid to put down an artificial pitch at the moment with all the uncertainty over ownership and stadium moves.

There is no way the owners are going to shell out on a new pitch if they have every intention of moving us on ASAP.

If we're looking at spending £250K on the pitch then I'd rather we just bought decent equipment and paid a decent groundsman to look after the grass. I heard on Saturday that we pay the fire brigade to come and water the pitch once a week, I sincerely hope that is not true but looking at how burnt the pitch is it would suggest we're not watering it much, if at all. It didn't effect us too much last season because we were playing Duffyball but it's clear Faz wants this team to play football and we will need a pitch suitable for that. I can't imagine Faz will be too happy with the shape it's in now. 

The pitch is a joke.  Been cut too short and not watered enough.

What is the reason for it?  Does the groundsman not have a clue what he is doing?  How often does he get to the stadium?

When the pitch is starting to look rotten surely the club needs to step up and do something about it, can we not get someone else in/another body to help?

1 hour ago, Thommo90 said:

The pitch is a joke.  Been cut too short and not watered enough.

What is the reason for it?  Does the groundsman not have a clue what he is doing?  How often does he get to the stadium?

When the pitch is starting to look rotten surely the club needs to step up and do something about it, can we not get someone else in/another body to help?

percy-thrower-television-gardener-shutterstock-editorial-2214872a.jpg

In all seriousness, if the problem is the groundsman lives too far away to give the pitch the TLC it needs on a daily basis then I'm more than happy to go down and help out with the simpler things - as Dumbarton Rock said earlier, he needed to go down and move the sprinklers around, I'm pretty sure I and many other Sons fans could handle that. 

That's got to be a mistake. That's horrendous. Between that and the state of our pitch we are an utter embarrassment just now. Some decisions just shouldn't be given to fans, especially when there was the option to vote unlimited times.

I'm no expert on artificial pitches but what I do know is that pitch is constantly sinking in different places, frightening the amount of low spots on it now. At the far away touchline the subsidence used to stop just before the first goal post, it now stretches half away along the line at the other side of the goals. You see it when you string the line for marking it. No idea how much it would cost to level it all off and try and stop the ongoing subsidence so you could lay a plastic pitch.